Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Anderson getting this much mins? questions, questions, questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• japetas
    replied
    Tonight Gray ended his double-digits rebounding straight so I hope this will let DC to feel comfortable by sitting him on the bench. Despite our next game is vs Indiana and Roy Hibbert, I think Valanciunas is capable to defend him. If JV gets in foul trouble - then green light to playing Gray... The main problem with Gray is that he is too slow coming from the screens and changing players in defence.

Leave a comment:

• mtth
    replied
    I don't know... At this point I would prefer to see Pietrus play. He's a better defender than Anderson and he has a better IQ (i.e if his shots don't fall and he will pass the f**** ball!).
    Speaking of MP, did you see him talk and give a pat on the back of JV in the first half? JV needs more minutes too!

Leave a comment:

• torch19
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    If you know what he's capable of and had an "off" night, there's a good chance that whomever is guarding him has caused him to have an off night. I'll take AA's shooting (.285) and D on Pierce's shooting (0.181) VS. Demar's shooting (.313) and D on Lee's shooting (.545). Lee danced around Derozan all night long like the Drunken Master. Just sayin'.
    + 1

The way I see it, they're both chuckers. Alan Anderson just has the face and style of game you'd love to hate. But defensively, Demar wishes he can D up like AA. That said, Alan Anderson is a chucker.

Leave a comment:

• d749
    replied
    because he plays good d. im not sure why hes getting shots at the other end though when rudy and bargs or demar are on the court

Leave a comment:

• T.Dot
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i think anderson is playing for a contract and bc/dc will gladly trade him at the first chance. his defense is good and he plays hard. i also agree that no isolation plays should be run for him. he should be the last option on the floor wheny gay/lowry demar are on. purely spot up shooter. he might be able to grab us a second rounder from a playoff team looking for defense depth and 3pt shooting.

for me gay cost us this game going 1 for 7 from the 3and the main reason for his ineffeicent scoring.

thought bargs came out well. unhappy with the booing. don't think he deserves it but looks like people want him gone and are willing to run him out of town.

can't stand lucas. said it when we signed him worse then bayless for looking for his own shot all the time.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    u must be joking right?? 5 points on 2-7 shooting in 28 mins. that real productive.. ***
    Pierce had an off night I wouldn't neccesarily attribute it to AA's Defence because we all know what Paul Pierce is capable of...
    If you know what he's capable of and had an "off" night, there's a good chance that whomever is guarding him has caused him to have an off night. I'll take AA's shooting (.285) and D on Pierce's shooting (0.181) VS. Demar's shooting (.313) and D on Lee's shooting (.545). Lee danced around Derozan all night long like the Drunken Master. Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    i think anderson is playing for a contract and bc/dc will gladly trade him at the first chance. his defense is good and he plays hard. i also agree that no isolation plays should be run for him. he should be the last option on the floor wheny gay/lowry demar are on. purely spot up shooter. he might be able to grab us a second rounder from a playoff team looking for defense depth and 3pt shooting.

for me gay cost us this game going 1 for 7 from the 3and the main reason for his ineffeicent scoring.

thought bargs came out well. unhappy with the booing. don't think he deserves it but looks like people want him gone and are willing to run him out of town.

can't stand lucas. said it when we signed him worse then bayless for looking for his own shot all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    u must be joking right?? 5 points on 2-7 shooting in 28 mins. that real productive...
    Pierce had an off night and he was still capable of being a factor. Pierce finished with 13 Points 11 Boards and 6 Assists. He clearly got the better of Anderson so I dont know what you're talking about. Although he had an off night shooting, I wouldn't necessarily attribute it to AA's defense because we all know what Paul Pierce is capable of...
    Last edited by Ambidextrious; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Anderson and Lucas. Those two morons shouldn't even be on the court at any point during the 4th
    Anderson was on because your boy Derozan couldn't guard an 83 year-old, let alone Paul Pierce. As minks77 has suggested,

Just goes to show that most fans just don't see Defence beyond blocks and steals. Double A was playing tough as nails man D on PP the whole 4th q. Truth is known to be a late game player and when he started to look for his AA was right in his grill and wasn't bailing him out with fouls.

He's right...

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    Just goes to show that most fans just don't see Defence beyond blocks and steals. Double A was playing tough as nails man D on PP the whole 4th q. Truth is known to be a late game player and when he started to look for his AA was right in his grill and wasn't bailing him out with fouls. Ross, God love him, is still a rook. We all know that a vet like Pierce is going to destroy any rookie in the crunch and the refs are not going to favour Ross at all.

As promising as Ross is he still has a long way to go on both ends. Tonight was one of his invisible nights at both ends. Anderson is way ahead of him. On the ball, off, helping, closing out, rotating, all of it.

Leave a comment:

• phiLLy
    replied
    Hopefully Anderson is getting moved.

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    Things that stand out to me after this game

Positives:

Kyle Lowry- He really stepped it up in the 3rd quarter Lets see if it carries over to the next game.

Andrea Bargnani- Surprisingly he seemed engaged defensively and he played terrific help defense which doesn't happen often. Also, Dre had a terrific first half but seemed to be a bit gassed as the game finished. As he continues to get his legs back I'm excited to see if he can keep up the energy.

Gay and DeRozan- These two are proving to be a very potent duo on the offensive end.

Negatives:

Dwayne Casey- He has cost us several games this year due to his questionable substitution patterns and his play calling has been really bad. His lack of experience as a head coach is evident and is very worrying.

John Lucas- As a backup PG, JL3 did a poor job of running a team and his shot selection is just awful. He is one of the biggest liabilities on the floor and we need to pick up a legit backup pg who knows his role.

Allan Anderson- Can't stand that he is stealing minutes away from Terrence Ross. He hasn't showed us fans any reason as to why he deserves to keep getting minutes. He's a bench player who thinks he's a first option on offense.

This season is over.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Anderson and Lucas. Those two morons shouldn't even be on the court at any point during the 4th

Leave a comment:

• tenforthewin
    replied
    Anderson sucks period, why is he still playing. Give minutes to Ross. Ross in the past two games no actually ever since Gay arrived in town, he looked like a mouse playing along with a cat, always look for the 3 and not attack the rim or looking to pass. Free Ross, trade Anderson. The guy is too frustrating to watch and with his complaining attitude, not gonna work.

Leave a comment:

• BallSoHard
    replied
    I can't stand it when he isolates on his man with gay and demar on the floor just standing and watching him. I don't see know Casey isn't playing ross more in these situations, cuz with gay, demar and lowry out there, they need someone who can catch and shoot when they penetrate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X