Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your top 5 favourite players of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Wow. You're old.
    Went one on one with a 15 year old kid at the Y last summer. He was about 5' 10" and maybe 130 pounds. I'm 6'4" and 215. He only beat me 15 to 10. I was pleased. And I didn't body up on him and back him down into the post at all. It could have been him beating me only 15 to 12 if I had

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    No George Mikan?
    Ha Ha. Actually before my time.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Michael Jordan - Greatness
    Charles Barkley - Great player and humour to boot
    Steve Nash - Beautiful to watch
    Larry Bird - Old School Substance with epic trash talking (if you've ever read "Dream Team" you get to hear some filthy quotes from Bird)
    Rasheed Wallace - I loved the skill, wish he had accomplished more with it.

Honourable mentions: Bill Russell, Tim Duncan, Morris Peterson, Glen Rice, Glen Robinson, Mugsey Bogues, Kevin Durant, Scottie Pippen....ok I better stop it there.

Leave a comment:

• Craiger
    replied
    Favorite all time players?

Steve Nash
    Pistol Pete
    Shawn Kemp
    Jerome Williams
    Shaq

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Bill Russell
    Michael Jordan
    Wilt Chamberlain
    Magic Johnson
    Larry Bird

Can't do just five
    Kobe Bryant
    Lebron James
    Wow. You're old.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    If I put Tim Duncan and ... Ben Wallace in my list, do I get disqualified?
    I'd approve of either being included. Both are future HOFer's.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Bill Russell
    Michael Jordan
    Wilt Chamberlain
    Magic Johnson
    Larry Bird

Can't do just five
    Kobe Bryant
    Lebron James
    No George Mikan?

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    If I put Tim Duncan and ... Ben Wallace in my list, do I get disqualified?

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    1. Scottie Pippen
    2. Gary Payton
    3. Kevin Durant
    4. Alvin Williams
    5. Gary Forbes

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I remember my mom went to the NBA Store in New York when it like first opened up in '98, and bought me a REALLY nice 76ers Hoody... I was devestated ... Lol Totally reminds me of "The Hockey Sweater" story, about the kid living in Quebec who's mom gets him a Maple Leafs jersey instead of a Maurice Richard jersey ...

However, it was because of this Hoody that I started to follow the Sixers a bit closer, knowing I was stuck with this Hoody .. and it was REALLY nice.. so I figured I'd dig into these "76ers" knowing they had just picked up a young PG that the Raptors got screwed out of Drafting ... I wore that Hoody proudly after that. While it wasn't a Raptors hoody like I wanted, it gave birth to my love of all things Iverson, Including my highschool email address - iverson76er @hotmail.com - which stuck for a LONG while. Haha
    Traitor!!! haha just kidding, we all still had our "other teams" in those early years.

I wanna add Shaq to my list! I forgot how much I liked him before he went to the Lakers... My bro-in-law used to work for the TTC, so I used to get those long ass advertisment boards they have inside the subway cars. I remember having one where he was promoting Mr. Big bars... Never saw anyone as dominant and strong as he was, and quite athletic for his size! But then I had to hate him on the Lakers cause, well, I hate the Lakers.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Oddly, I've never really considered it before but I am also a Sonics fan so I'll follow suit there:

1. Gary Payton
    2. Shawn Kemp
    3. Vince Carter (although he broke my heart)
    4. Penny Hardaway
    5. I'm not sure, Derrick Rose, maybe Charles Barkley, maybe Steve Nash

I have a hard time putting Vince on the list, but boy, did he ever get me excited about Raptors basketball.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    **A.I. was sick but he played for a division rival, so I hated him but loved his game/heart.
    I remember my mom went to the NBA Store in New York when it like first opened up in '98, and bought me a REALLY nice 76ers Hoody... I was devestated ... Lol Totally reminds me of "The Hockey Sweater" story, about the kid living in Quebec who's mom gets him a Maple Leafs jersey instead of a Maurice Richard jersey ...

However, it was because of this Hoody that I started to follow the Sixers a bit closer, knowing I was stuck with this Hoody .. and it was REALLY nice.. so I figured I'd dig into these "76ers" knowing they had just picked up a young PG that the Raptors got screwed out of Drafting ... I wore that Hoody proudly after that. While it wasn't a Raptors hoody like I wanted, it gave birth to my love of all things Iverson, Including my highschool email address - iverson76er @hotmail.com - which stuck for a LONG while. Haha
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Jun 20, 2013, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Vince Carter - Hometown heroes are the easiest to cheer for, and Vince put us on the map for a while.

Tim Hardaway - Early 90's GSW was when I first got into the NBA. UTEP Two Step! Followed him to the Heat in the mid-late 90's

Shawn Kemp - Tomahawk Jams and alley-oops from The Glove were just ridiculous

Gary Payton - Stifling D and sick dimes, made the Sonics my team in the 90's

LeBron James - All-around game and for his size and athleticism he still amazes me.

*No particular order, but just as Heinz said, VC would've been #1 Easily before he became a bitch.

**A.I. was sick but he played for a division rival, so I hated him but loved his game/heart.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    #1 - Vince Carter
    #2 - Allen Iverson
    #3 - Michael Jordan
    #4 - Steve Nash
    #5 - Kobe Bryant

These 5 are also the 5 players I'd solely attribute to getting me into basketball and my love of the game.
    It's their fault I'm here everyday talking bball!
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Jun 20, 2013, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    so i'm probably breaking the mold here.... since "favourite" and "best" are two completely different things..

1. Gary Payton
    2. Shawn Kemp
    3. John Stockton
    4. Steve Nash
    5. VC

If you asked me pre-VC crying his way out of town... he'd easily be #1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X