X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phez
    replied
    Canada dropped 16 threes. god damn.

edit, i thought i was surprised. then i remembered triano is coaching this team.
    Last edited by phez; Thu Sep 5, 2013, 09:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    octothorp wrote: View Post
    By the kid at FSU, you mean Xavier Rathan-Mayes? He's got a bit of academic trouble and was ruled ineligible for the NCAA year. Not that it disqualifies him for next summer's team, but it probably sets him back a bit. I agree with your post though, one of the other young PGs needs to step up. My hunch is that Kabongo spends next year in the d-league, while Cadougan goes to Europe. There's Pangos, and Ennis (at Syracuse) might get a look next summer, too. But I've got no idea which of that group is going to emerge as the best international option.
    That news about Rathan-Mayes sucks. Hopefully he's allowed to practice with the team...I totally forgot about Ennis.

stretch wrote: View Post
    Jermaine Anderson is the choice as sub pg right now. He started ahead of Joseph in 2011 and works well with the second unit which mostly was the first unit in 2009 and 2011. Cadougan can play but is new to the international game.
    I think Anderson is a great player to have on the team, I just really liked how he was alongside Joseph and feel that being the third point guard would give his role more flexibility. Also, looking strictly at the Mexico game there was a big gap between Anderson (who's steady in his role) and where Corey Joseph is right now.

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    Jermaine Anderson is the choice as sub pg right now. He started ahead of Joseph in 2011 and works well with the second unit which mostly was the first unit in 2009 and 2011. Cadougan can play but is new to the international game.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    By the kid at FSU, you mean Xavier Rathan-Mayes? He's got a bit of academic trouble and was ruled ineligible for the NCAA year. Not that it disqualifies him for next summer's team, but it probably sets him back a bit. I agree with your post though, one of the other young PGs needs to step up. My hunch is that Kabongo spends next year in the d-league, while Cadougan goes to Europe. There's Pangos, and Ennis (at Syracuse) might get a look next summer, too. But I've got no idea which of that group is going to emerge as the best international option.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    Really liked the Mexico game, but, It's fairly clear that Jermaine Anderson should be the third point guard for Canada. For Canada to take the next step one of Cadougan, Kabongo, the kid at Gonzaga, or the kid at FSU need to take a big leap this coming season.

Ideally, Anderson's role should be a vet third pg, who can play some sg. Really like how deep this team is, and to think how many quality players aren't playing in this tournament. Wow. Interesting that the broadcaster on the Fiba feed thought that Canada had the second best team in the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    Story of the game for Canada is the gunners, Heslip and Rautins. Mexico comes out in the third and cuts it to a one point game, Heslip comes in and scores 9 to create a cushion, Mexico pulls close again at the end of the third, Rautins with 9 straight to build the lead again. Those two stretches were the most important in the game.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    Good first half against Mexico, up 9. Again, Nicholson and Joseph leading the way, and Rautins having one of his best games of the tournament. A 7-2 lead in offensive rebounds and 9-0 lead in second chance points are a major factor for the lead. Nicholson flirting with foul trouble again, though.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    It was pretty awesome. Just dominant the whole way.

I really like the three big lineups that Triano has been using, like Thompson, Nicholson, and Doornekamp (or sometimes Kendall). It only works because Nicholson, Doornekamp and Kendall can shoot the 3 as well. But with Bennett, Olynyk, Powell, and Lyles all having a similar skillset, it's a huge advantage our program has. Imagine a lineup with Joseph, Wiggins, Bennett, Nicholson, Olynyk. Absolute matchup nightmare for most teams.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    octothorp wrote: View Post
    The Canada/Uruguay game has been rescheduled to 10:00pm local time, due to a national power outage in Venezuela (which I believe is 10:30 for y'all in Ontario, 8:30 for us here in Calgary).
    well i fucking missed it ;(

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    The Canada/Uruguay game has been rescheduled to 10:00pm local time, due to a national power outage in Venezuela (which I believe is 10:30 for y'all in Ontario, 8:30 for us here in Calgary).
    Last edited by octothorp; Tue Sep 3, 2013, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Thanks bro. I was hoping for it to be in HD but oh well, this will do for now :P
    the game vs. Brazil replayed this evening on The Score..I mean 360

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Thanks bro. I was hoping for it to be in HD but oh well, this will do for now :P

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Anyone know where to download the Fiba games. I usually have a place i get basketball games but the dude isn't uploading the Fiba games for some reason. I'd really appreciate it if someone could PM me a link, i was on Vacation in Florida and i just got back yesterday
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=where+to+watch+...ne+for+free%3F
    Last edited by LBF; Sun Sep 1, 2013, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Anyone know where to download the Fiba games. I usually have a place i get basketball games but the dude isn't uploading the Fiba games for some reason. I'd really appreciate it if someone could PM me a link, i was on Vacation in Florida and i just got back yesterday

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    Yeah, this is a massive win in terms of finishing top 4. If you assume that Canada beats the teams that are significantly worse than them (Uruguay, plus probably Mexico and Venezuela), then really the only way they don't qualify is if they lose to both Argentina and Dominican Republic, and Brazil beats both those teams. Still, Canada can't let up; the wheels have fallen off for this team in the past, they need to use this tournament as a statement that things are different now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X