Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before you write off the mid-range jumper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before you write off the mid-range jumper...

Over the past few seasons there has been a shift away from the mid-range jumper towards the three point line. The basic reasoning is that you should either take an easier shot (close to the rim higher % of going in) or go back further to the three point line (worth 50% more points!)

While this makes logical sense, let's not write off the mid-range jumper just yet. Perhaps I should remind everyone that the all-time leader for mid-range jumpers is his royal airness Micheal Jordan.

He set the record by taking 1,056 midrangers in a single season.

In 2002-2003 when he played for the Washington Wizards.

EDIT: Apologies for the troll.

"They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

R.I.P Mid-range Jumper

Comment

I dont think its dead. There's still a lot of great players that have a great mid range game. Kobe, Nowitzki, Wade, Pierce, Melo, Westbrook. Just to name a few. LeBron also has a pretty good mid range game.

You mentioned Jordan. Another one of the greatest mid range jump shooter of all time was Iverson.

That's why i dont understand players like Gay. A horrible shooter who continously take long 2's. Like, why not develop your mid range game?? it's a much easier shot to make.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
      X