Injuries this year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries this year...

News just broke Russell Westbrook has had surgery on his knee. Projected return is post-All Star Break.

This just adds onto this list of star players currently with injuries. The numbers of guys that have gone down seems to have spiked this year in particular..

Mike Prada brings up an interesting discussion point:

Do you guys think shortening the season will decrease these types of injuries? Or is the length of the season somewhat irrelevant?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Wow Russel again... I thought he was fine. 3rd knee surgery in the past 6 or 7 months..

Injuries should force NBA to shorten season, but you never know... there is way too much money at stake.
    Last edited by rocwell; Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Al Horford tears pectoral muscle, possibly out for the season. (that injury usually takes about half a year)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...-torn-pectoral

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Wow Russel again... I thought he was fine. 3rd knee surgery in the past 6 or 7 months..

Injuries should force NBA to shorten season, but you never know... there is way too much money at stake.
        is that even possible ???

but good I hate Russ
        I mean bad for him but good for me because I don't have to see his face fort he next 4 months
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
          is that even possible ???

but good I hate Russ
          I mean bad for him but good for me because I don't have to see his face fort he next 4 months
          It is possible, but if owners and players can't agree on this before new season starts... then we'll have another lockout.

Comment

No offence. But that's stupid. It's always been 82 games season(well unless there's a lockout). Why change it now? because of injuries?? come on, give me a break.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Agree with TRex. There's no bloody chance in hell that the owners shorten the season. Lose out on all that extra cash?

Look at the NFL and it's injuries, they're talking about expanding their regular season!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                Agree with TRex. There's no bloody chance in hell that the owners shorten the season. Lose out on all that extra cash?

Look at the NFL and it's injuries, they're talking about expanding their regular season!
                Lockout season was successful, surprisingly. David Stern loved it and he promised that owners will consider to shorten the season when the time is right.

Comment

Boo.

Worst knee-jerk reaction.
                  No.

Point to preparation.
                  Point to what a freak of nature Westbrook is (could any body support what he has put his through without injury? Rose begs the same question).
                  Point to the fact that atheletes are being forced to push their bodies further than ever to compete with others doing the same.
                  Point to whatever physiotherapy practices are currently being used (constantly changing).
                  Point to diet.
                  Point to sleep.
                  Point to genetics.
                  Point to chance.

Don't shorten the fucking season.

Comment

The ONLY reason they won't shorten the season is profit. Shortening the season would make games more meaningful and decrease injuries, but that isn't what drives a money driven business

Comment

I think players should do almost zero work for 3 to 5 months other than shooting drills. A lot of these injuries smack of overtraining.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Bledsoe needs surgery on his right knee.

wow

Comment

If anything lengthen the regular season. Give these guys the same amount of games, cut a week or two off preseason (because what good is it anyway) where you only need 4-5 games to prepare, tops. Diminish the amount of back-to-backs. Diminish tight travel schedules. Try to avoid adding actual extra week(s) so you don't actually lengthen the calendar of the season.

Comment

Bledsoe needs surgery on his right knee.

wow
                            The amount of injuries this year has to be breaking some sort of record... this is getting ridiculous.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

"The Pelicans said Friday morning that point guard Jrue Holiday will be out indefinitely after being diagnosed with a stress fracture in his right tibia."

You've gotta be kidding me...

Comment

Working...
                              X