X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Phil Jackson save the Knicks?

Bill Simmons has a take on it....

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nb...knicks-theory/

It never gets old, the NY Knicks shoots for a big name hoping to cut corners even though it's someone who has never managed an organization. Smells of desperation.

Did the Knicks hire Phil Jackson to be their Tom Lewieke

or

Did the Knicks hire Phil Jackson to be their Drake.

If they hired him to be their TL, then it's a huge gamble, and based on Dolan's history micro-management gone wrong, it is unlikely to work out well for either party.

If they hired him to be their Drake, then it's low risk and will work out fine for both parties. However, paying 15 MILLION per year for 68 year old human mascot, is not really great return on investment.

Basically, Dolan is the Midas of shit.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Ha ha....I see you feel the same way about the Knicks as I do. There is something about that organization and by extension most of their fan base (a sense of superiority and entitlement mostly) which grates. In anycase, the hiring will be amusing and interesting I am sure. He'll more than likely be hiring his management team and be a long distance President....this is a guy who actually wanted to be the coach of the Lakers but not travel to away games (bad back). So, what happens if there is a hot prospect in Turkey? Dolan just got very desperate. He needs a big name to calm the waters for awhile. Just hope there isnt a turn around before the 2016 draft!.

Comment

Dolan said in the press conference yesterday that he is "willingly and gratefully" giving up his power to Phil. Let's hope so..

From Woj:

When New York Knicks executives chased free agents in the summer of 2010, owner James Dolan made himself a part of the presentations. He isn't the most engaging, enchanting man, but Dolan does fancy himself a musician. So, yes, there were player and agent meetings four years ago when Dolan delivered a parting gift on the way out of the room.

"He passed out copies of his CD," said a source, who stuffed his copy of one into a bag and no longer remembers where it's gone.

It featured the melodies of JD and the Straight Shot, Dolan's corner-bar band that bought itself into the opening act on tour with the Eagles. Dolan's world revolves around the Eagles, and no one has helped meld his fantasy camp/groupie life of bad teams and super groups more gloriously than notorious ball-busting Eagles business manager Irving Azoff.
        http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phil-ja...230358424.html
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Love that Phil Jackson pretty much called the Knicks AWFUL after that lakers game

Comment

Working...
          X