Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Hall of Fame

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...a_12_twitter_L

I don't want this thread to be another VC thread. But if Mitch Richmond is in the HOF. Then VC is a NO BRAINER.
    Mamba Mentality

I really don't like that Richmond is getting in. He was a very good player who had a good career, but he should not be in the Hall of Fame. The Hall is setting itself up for a lot of not worthy players not having strong cases thanks to Richmond's inclusion.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

But if Mitch Richmond is in the HOF. Then VC is a NO BRAINER.
      I wouldn't go that far, Vince was more of a super-duper-star in his peak, but IMO in terms of overall careers they are at least comparable.

Vince had a couple years that Mitch never comes close to, but after that it's similar or advantage to Mitch, he was a better defensive player, healthier. Mitch also had more individual awards. Mitch spent most of his career on a terrible team, and that's why he's not loved much, but then again, he didn't force his way off that team to play with more talented teammates. Neither Vince nor Mitch will go down in history as great winners.

I think both are borderline hall of famers in the sense that neither will be first ballot. Richmond had to wait 12 years, Vince will also probably have to wait many years after he retires. But eventually Vince will be in. Both scored over 20k career points, both have 10 or more combined all star / all nba awards, and players with that resume eventually make it.
      Last edited by BobLoblaw; Tue Apr 8, 2014, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X