Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

NBA Award Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NBA Award Predictions

    MVP - Kevin Durant
    Coach of the Year - Dwane Casey
    Rookie of the Year - MCW
    Sixth Man - Vince Carter
    Most Improved Player - Gerald Green
    Defensive Player of the Year - Joakim Noah
    Last edited by The Great One; Tue Apr 15th, 2014, 06:36 PM.

  • #2
    MVP - KD
    Coach - Pop one last time.
    Rookie - MCW
    Sixth Man - Taj Gibson
    MIP - erm... Goran Dragic or A Davis.
    DPOY - Clips' Jordan

    Comment


    • #3
      MVP - Durant
      Coach - Thibodeau
      Rookie - MCW
      Sixth man - Don't like my options here...umm...DJ Augustin?
      MIP - Anthony Davis
      DPOY - Joakim Noah
      Executive - Ujiri

      EDIT: Not changing any choices (though the 6th man is just a wild guess and I think it'd be hilarious if Augustin won it...he definitely has a case). I feel like people are overlooking Thibs a lot and he could come on strong again now that the season is over. No Derrick Rose. Management seemed to want to tank by trading away Deng. Basically Thibs coaching and Noah's insane leadership pushed that team where it fully doesn't deserve to be on paper. Their roster is fully mediocre at best. And I think Casey and Clifford are the other top candidates (apart from Pop who's a candidate every year). Stotts maybe has an outside shot too.

      Durant and MCW seem like obvious choices for MVP and ROY.

      Davis seems like a good choice because the NBA will want to choose a good kid with a bright future and positive image.

      Ujiri I chose because I wonder if the voters will take into account intent. Ujiri came in, fixed a mess (his primary goal), and provided a roster that could work or would be easy to tank with if it didn't. McDonough fully tried to tank as hard as he could, and basically failed. The good job he's done seems more than a little accidental, more so than Ujiri.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 15th, 2014, 07:51 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        MVP - Kevin Durant
        Coach of the Year - Casey
        Rookie of the Year - MCW
        Sixth Man - uhhhhhh
        Most Improved Player - kyle Lowry/DeMar
        Defensive Player of the Year - Joakim Noah
        Executive - Ujiri
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

        Comment


        • #5
          MVP - Kevin Durant
          Coach of the Year - Gregg Popovich/Rick Carlisle
          Rookie of the Year - Carter-Williams
          Sixth Man - Jamal Crawford
          Most Improved Player - Kyle Lowry
          Defensive Player of the Year - Joakim Noah
          Executive - MU
          Twitter - @thekid_it

          Comment


          • #6
            MVP - Kevin Durant
            Coach of the Year - Terry Porter/Dwane Casey/Tom Thibodeau
            Rookie of the Year - MCW
            Sixth Man - Jamal Crawford
            Most Improved Player - DeMar DeRozan
            Defensive Player of the Year - Joakim Noah
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh wow, totally forgot. I'd probably change mine and put Deandre Jordan for defensive player. He's been fantastic.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

              Comment


              • #8
                ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                MVP - Kevin Durant
                Coach of the Year - Terry Porter/Dwane Casey/Tom Thibodeau
                Rookie of the Year - MCW
                Sixth Man - Jamal Crawford
                Most Improved Player - DeMar DeRozan
                Defensive Player of the Year - Joakim Noah
                Think you got a typo there....maybe you mean Terry Stotts?

                Comment


                • #9
                  white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  MVP - Durant
                  Coach - Thibodeau
                  Rookie - MCW
                  Sixth man - Don't like my options here...umm...DJ Augustin?
                  MIP - Anthony Davis
                  DPOY - Joakim Noah
                  Executive - Ujiri

                  EDIT: Not changing any choices (though the 6th man is just a wild guess and I think it'd be hilarious if Augustin won it...he definitely has a case). I feel like people are overlooking Thibs a lot and he could come on strong again now that the season is over. No Derrick Rose. Management seemed to want to tank by trading away Deng. Basically Thibs coaching and Noah's insane leadership pushed that team where it fully doesn't deserve to be on paper. Their roster is fully mediocre at best. And I think Casey and Clifford are the other top candidates (apart from Pop who's a candidate every year). Stotts maybe has an outside shot too.

                  Durant and MCW seem like obvious choices for MVP and ROY.

                  Davis seems like a good choice because the NBA will want to choose a good kid with a bright future and positive image.

                  Ujiri I chose because I wonder if the voters will take into account intent. Ujiri came in, fixed a mess (his primary goal), and provided a roster that could work or would be easy to tank with if it didn't. McDonough fully tried to tank as hard as he could, and basically failed. The good job he's done seems more than a little accidental, more so than Ujiri.
                  I HATE giving MIP to second year players. They're expected to improve, too little of a gap. My opinion though.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                    I HATE giving MIP to second year players. They're expected to improve, too little of a gap. My opinion though.
                    Yeah, but I don't know if anyone else has dramatic enough improvement, or has the right "face" for the media. DeMar has a case though...But Davis is the next star in this league and I could easily see them giving him the award almost just because of that. His stats have gone up across the board. He's also super young for a big man to have made such big strides. 2nd year players don't always improve as hoped. Davis' improvement has been possibly more significant than anybody else in the league, and it's not a small gap from his first year production.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I do think DeMar has a very strong case though. Probably also Dragic.

                      Don't think Lowry will get it. He's performed at roughly this level before. Suddenly not being a pain in the butt doesn't count as improvement.

                      Don't know who else to consider. I think Bledsoe has missed too much time.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        MVP - Kevin Durant
                        Coach of the Year - Gregg Popovich
                        Rookie of the Year - MCW ( reluctantly)
                        Sixth Man - Taj Gibson
                        Most Improved Player - Gerald Green
                        Defensive Player of the Year - Joakim Noah

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          BigCamB wrote: View Post
                          MVP - Kevin Durant
                          Coach of the Year - Gregg Popovich
                          Rookie of the Year - MCW ( reluctantly)
                          Sixth Man - Taj Gibson
                          Most Improved Player - Gerald Green
                          Defensive Player of the Year - Joakim Noah
                          hahaha....because of how awful this rookie class is? They should just give out 2 awards next year maybe?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            MVP - Andrea Bargnani
                            Coach of the Year - Mike Brown
                            Rookie of the Year - Anthony Bennett
                            Sixth Man - O.J Mayo
                            Most Improved Player - Rudy Gay
                            Defensive Player of the Year - James Harden
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              MVP - Andrea Bargnani
                              Coach of the Year - Mike Brown
                              Rookie of the Year - Anthony Bennett
                              Sixth Man - O.J Mayo
                              Most Improved Player - Rudy Gay
                              Defensive Player of the Year - James Harden
                              Sorry buddy. O.j. mayo has started pretty much the whole season, doubt that one will come true.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X