Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    With Vasquez gone, the Durant dream has been shattered....

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Jangles wrote: View Post
    I was really starting to enjoy his new name, Trashquez, too...
    Well we've still got Terrence Rash, aka. T.Rash ... lol.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    I continue to be annoyed with how this effects Tyler Ennis...

Can that guy not just land with a team that needs a solid backup and get some PT?
    I was never on board the Ennis bandwagon as a pro, but even I feel bad for the kid.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I continue to be annoyed with how this effects Tyler Ennis...

Can that guy not just land with a team that needs a solid backup and get some PT?

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    The second was #46.

The first is lottery protected, that means 1-14.

But details don't seem to matter.

Fixed his mistake? LOL
    You are right : 46 and 48, huge difference since there are so many #46 who have become great players in the NBA and so many #48 who have failed.

1st is protected 1-14 but belong to Clippers. Given where clippers are going, then you should expect it to be late 1st round.

Yah, details matter

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    2 picks a #48 which probably never play in NBA and 2017 1st round from Clippers , protected till #17 which will probably be a very late first round. It is not much but still for GV is quite good.

Those picks are amazing return for a 3rd string PG But it does not change the fact that same people who were jumping up and down now that GV is traded, were so happy that he was signed for $6.5 million just a year ago and thought he is really a back up PG caliber player.

I am glad that MU fixed his mistake. Kudos to him. I criticize the guy when he makes a mistake and give him credit when he does good.

He made a mistake last summer, thought too much of GV, over paid him, but fixed his mistake this summer.

Unfortunately, some fans here are blind to MU and his mistakes and are like a mouth piece for the guy. Never think and always cheer for what ever MU does. On the other hand, maybe they do think, but are not that bright after all. They did the same with BC and cheered for him till last days ...

What matter at the end is Raptor and the team. MU made a mistake by keeping this core together last summer. Over paid GV and made a mistake by keeping Casey now.

He made a mistake with his first round pick this year but did well with GV. Lets see how he will do the rest of the summer and if he is able to get good FAs into town.
    The second was #46.

The first is lottery protected, that means 1-14.

But details don't seem to matter.

Fixed his mistake? LOL

Leave a comment:

• Jangles
    replied
    I was really starting to enjoy his new name, Trashquez, too...

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    2 picks a #48 which probably never play in NBA and 2017 1st round from Clippers , protected till #17 which will probably be a very late first round. It is not much but still for GV is quite good.

Those picks are amazing return for a 3rd string PG But it does not change the fact that same people who were jumping up and down now that GV is traded, were so happy that he was signed for $6.5 million just a year ago and thought he is really a back up PG caliber player.

I am glad that MU fixed his mistake. Kudos to him. I criticize the guy when he makes a mistake and give him credit when he does good.

He made a mistake last summer, thought too much of GV, over paid him, but fixed his mistake this summer.

Unfortunately, some fans here are blind to MU and his mistakes and are like a mouth piece for the guy. Never think and always cheer for what ever MU does. On the other hand, maybe they do think, but are not that bright after all. They did the same with BC and cheered for him till last days ...

What matter at the end is Raptor and the team. MU made a mistake by keeping this core together last summer. Over paid GV and made a mistake by keeping Casey now.

He made a mistake with his first round pick this year but did well with GV. Lets see how he will do the rest of the summer and if he is able to get good FAs into town.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Goodbye GV ... You were a Hero here last summer and MU's contract to you was considered a steal
    What happened to you ...

Never liked your game and never thought you are anything more than a 3rd string PG. Glad you are gone.
    You are hilarious dude.

You didn't like his contract. Under your former handle/account Jamshid you mocked the signing and proclaimed the idiocy.

Well guess what dude. If he had not signed him for anything, that would have been a lost asset with nothing to show for it. And no, they were over the cap so they could not have spent the cap space anywhere else.

1 year later, Masai flips that "steal of a contract " for a future first round pick, a second round pick, and actual cap space now.

You really need to think before you type.

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    Goodbye GV ... You were a Hero here last summer and MU's contract to you was considered a steal
    What happened to you ...

Never liked your game and never thought you are anything more than a 3rd string PG. Glad you are gone.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Greivis Vasquez in a press conference in Venezuela said the Rockets and the Timberwolves are interested in him, as per @basketvinotinto

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    I agree with most of that, I'm still adamant that Vasquez is not nearly the value they want for Jones.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    If you don't think paying an extra 2M in cap is worth keeping Jones I have no clue what to tell you
    Well I've gone through a Rockets forum just out of curiosity.

Some takeaways:
    -Most think Pap is either cut or picked up so he can be traded. Some like him but not at his price.
    -The consensus is pretty much if they're going to make a trade, the only guys of value are Jones, D-Mo and Capela, and most would prefer Jones traded.
    -Most think Lawson is the best option and would sell the farm to get him...then others chime in that they likely don't have the pieces to make such a big trade work this offseason.
    -Of those wanting guard help, they also think there's no hope in free agency. Dragic isn't going back to Houston. Jackson is a RFA. They don't really have the money to go after either. Rondo's name I don't think even came up at all.
    -Some want them to just make a minor signing like CJ Watson or Mo Williams.
    -Others want them to trade a big like Jones for whatever they can get to help with their backcourt issues.
    -A lot don't like their PF situation...some want to keep platooning young guys. Some want to bring Smith back partly because they think he'll take a discount given it's a good situation for him. Some want to use an exception to get a vet like West or Bass.
    -Pretty much no one talks like Jones is a critical piece or would have tons of value in a trade. Could he be a piece to get Lawson, for example? Yes, absolutely. But it'd cost way more, likely more than they can afford to pay.

*Forgot to add, the name that might come up the most as a 'realistic' target is George Hill. I agree he's one of the best fits as a starter who could play next to Harden (even said so myself in another post I think a bit back when discussing the same topic). No clue if he'll be on the market though. But his salary is low enough that they can make things work.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jun 5, 2015, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    If you don't think paying an extra 2M in cap is worth keeping Jones I have no clue what to tell you

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Obviously Pap being cut is implied if they're willing to throw him into Vasquez for Jones as a way to match salaries.

So you're really looking at Vasquez's salary or Llull+Jones' salaries.

So 6.5 or 5.7+Jones (I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm assuming it's somewhere in the 1.5-2M range. So like I said, pretty much the same (give or take 1M if you're gonna be picky)
    Jones' salary will be nearly 2.5M next year, so it'd be a close to 2M dollar difference vs Vasquez. Not to mention Llull would eat into their next summer's space as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X