No announcement yet.

NBA Playoff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man oh man. What a playoffs start this year. It's crazy.

7th overtime. wow

Comment

• Jeremy lin will be paid 15 millions next season

He's worth 2mill at most
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Beverley was all over Lillard like a glove there, he's great to watch defend

Comment

• I don't like this Matthews guy he's flopping every time

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I don't like this Matthews guy he's flopping every time
            You'd love him if he were a raptor

Comment

• Why is Portland trying to lose this game?

No need to foul Daniels

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                You'd love him if he were a raptor
                Exhibit A

Comment

• portland are the real thing. underdogs of the west.

Comment

• Why does Mo Williams always talk shit after win?
                    LOOOOOOL

Comment

• Jeremy Lolin with 2 sick chokes in back to back games that lead his team from (kinda) sure victories to Overtime.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Some great ball to watch. And GSW is tied with LAC, and Dallas is up on SA! Things are not going quite according to plan for some.

NBA needs to implement re-seeding after each round. The current situation is absolute bullshit.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Some great ball to watch. And GSW is tied with LAC, and Dallas is up on SA! Things are not going quite according to plan for some.

NBA needs to implement re-seeding after each round. The current situation is absolute bullshit.
                            Why would re-seeding be better? I always hated re-seeding.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Why would re-seeding be better? I always hated re-seeding.
                              You wouldn't get the flopping at the end of the season so that you could face 'this team' in round one, and 'that team' in round two if you make it through. I believe the highest seed should always play the bottom seed. Let's say the #1,4,6,7 seeds win, you think it should be 1 v 4 and 6 v 7? That makes the regular season basically meaningless. IMO

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                You wouldn't get the flopping at the end of the season so that you could face 'this team' in round one, and 'that team' in round two if you make it through. I believe the highest seed should always play the bottom seed. Let's say the #1,4,6,7 seeds win, you think it should be 1 v 4 and 6 v 7? That makes the regular season basically meaningless. IMO
                                How does it make the regular season meaningless? It's not like teams play the whole year trying to make it into a certain bracket. Even with what BKL allegedly did to get into the Raps-Heat bracket...well it's a small difference. They end up in the 5 seed, they still likely have to go through both Indy and Miami to get to the championship. I honestly can't ever remember an instance of a team being accused of tanking to get this sort of outcome in all the years I've watched.

Re-seeding is boring, and creates often the least exciting matchups. It sucked for hockey, that's why they dropped it. The goal of playoffs is not to make life as easy as possible for good teams. It's to showcase the best level of competition in the league. The bracket system is the better option to try and promote that, since every team is going to have similarly difficult roads to get to the finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X