Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks coaching search

Mamba Mentality

I'm sure he'll get $5M/year because Fisher is Phil Jackson's homeboy and hey, they're the Knicks.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
      I'm sure he'll get $5M/year because Fisher is Phil Jackson's homeboy and hey, they're the Knicks.
      You forgot about James Dolan...

Comment

Knicks saw Brooklyn do it with Kidd so now they wanna do it with d fish. I wish them 30 more years of crappyness
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Kerr is going to coach for Golden State. Let that sink in for a minute, guys.

Phil Jackson — a first-year President and GM being paid 12 Million a year, for his supposed pedigree, genius and ability to draw winning talent — failed to sign his first choice; a former role player he handed a championship ring who had absolutely zero head-coaching experience.

BWAHAHAHAH!

But why? Why did Kerr spurn the alleged Zen Master? Well, I have a couple of theories.

1) The Knicks roster and payroll is in shambles, and it's years away from being balanced and coachable.

2) Now that Jackson is rumored to be courting Derek Fisher — another player with zero-experience — it is painfully obviously that Phil Jackson wants to be a strong influence in the locker room. Essentially, he wants to be the head coach by proxy, without having to travel, pull long hours or do any of the dirty work. It's one thing to be coached by a guy, it's another thing to be told how to coach.

Steve Kerr recognized that the possibility of being micro-managed by Phil Jackson would be a first-year coach's worst nightmare, and ran for the hills.

$12M a year and you can't even sign a coach with zero-experience. What a clusterfuck.

Comment

Kerr now Fisher. It seems like PJax wants to hire former players that has knowledge of the triangle. Why not hire Dennis Rodman?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
              Kerr is going to coach for Golden State. Let that sink in for a minute, guys.

Phil Jackson — a first-year President and GM being paid 12 Million a year, for his supposed pedigree, genius and ability to draw winning talent — failed to sign his first choice; a former role player he handed a championship ring who had absolutely zero head-coaching experience.

BWAHAHAHAH!

But why? Why did Kerr spurn the alleged Zen Master? Well, I have a couple of theories.

1) The Knicks roster and payroll is in shambles, and it's years away from being balanced and coachable.

2) Now that Jackson is rumored to be courting Derek Fisher — another player with zero-experience — it is painfully obviously that Phil Jackson wants to be a strong influence in the locker room. Essentially, he wants to be the head coach by proxy, without having to travel, pull long hours or do any of the dirty work. It's one thing to be coached by a guy, it's another thing to be told how to coach.

Steve Kerr recognized that the possibility of being micro-managed by Phil Jackson would be a first-year coach's worst nightmare, and ran for the hills.

$12M a year and you can't even sign a coach with zero-experience. What a clusterfuck.
              That's a lot of assumptions and conspiracy there. The only thing that matters is that the Knicks roster is in shambles. I would not go there as a first year head coach, because I'd probably get fired half-way through the season. Golden State is a much better destination given the talent and their current ranking.

Comment

Wtf.

REPORT: Knicks reach out to Scottie Pippen about joining coaching staff.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/n...smtw:fscom:FOX
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Kerr now Fisher. It seems like PJax wants to hire former players that has knowledge of the triangle. Why not hire Dennis Rodman?
                  Hahaha, Rodman would be an absolutely ballistic coach.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I know there's a lot of assumptions there, but know with rumors that he's pursuing Pippen, does my theory sound that crazy?

It says something about Jackson and his relationship with other coaches and assistants that there's no candidates with actual coaching experience he can or wants to pursue.

Comment

Knicks should hire Patrick Ewing. He has learned under great head coaches: JVG, SVG, Steve Clifford, etc. He has an impressive record of developing big men: Yao, Howard, Jefferson. Phil can teach him the triangle.

Comment

Rodman has coaching experience in North Korea.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          Rodman has coaching experience in North Korea.
                          Lol.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Bravo Dolan! Bravo! You're the best owner in the league.

Comment

Fk the knicks hopefully they continue to suck for many years

Comment

Working...
                              X