X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuban hired FBI agent to investigate league after 2006 NBA Finals

Link: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...r-2006-finals/

Cuban

Wow...I'd like to see some of the details of the investigation. Still, it would be difficult to prove (though the FBI guy seemed to think Cuban would win!). He probably did the right thing not to. LOL Cuban probably might use it as the "nuclear option" if the NBA did a "Sterling" to him. Personally I think the refs were probably intimidated by the combo of Riley, Shaq and Wade....but an avg of 18 some FTs in the last 4 games is kinda outrageous in the finals.

Comment

Lmao Cuban was very cocky back then when the mavs was up 2-0 he was planning the parade then when the heat wins he goes crazy claiming the league is rigged he is still butt hurt

Comment

Cuban probably could have made a case. But it would have cost him and the league 100 millions of dollars in litigation and he would have been forced out of ownership. It would be poisoning the well, so to speak.

Comment

I'm glad he did it. Whether or not there was anything sinister going on, and whether or not Cuban had proof if there was, the fact that he investigated the league sends a message that if they try any shenanigans, people with resources would look into it. IF Cuban has proof he can use it leverage the league in to fixing the issues...
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
          X