LeBron James vs Larry Bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron James vs Larry Bird

Mark Jackson last night said during the Heat/Pacers game that LeBron James is the greatest SF of all time. So i ask you, who do you think is the greatest SF of all time? Bird or LeBron? and why?
    Mamba Mentality

Well, LeBron has everything here except the rings. He has better career numbers, better peak numbers, better playoff numbers, more individual awards. He also played in a slower pace era than Larry Bird, so his numbers are less inflated.

If LeBron wins another ring in a couple weeks, he will have 3 just like Bird, and at that point it will become too obvious to debate.

And he's just 29. He will keep adding.

I would pick him already. If someone wouldn't, that's fair enough for now. But soon it will become one sided.

Comment

Lebrun is best player to ever play the game so yeah
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        Lebrun is best player to ever play the game so yeah
        Jordan is the best to ever play.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          Jordan is the best to ever play.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
          Nah, man, Red Mamba is the best to ever play

Comment

LeBron. Hate to say it but it's a fact.

Jordan and maybe Magic over LeBron though.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

LeBron is a complete beast and the best SF ever, as much as it pains me to say it.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                LeBron. Hate to say it but it's a fact.

Jordan and maybe Magic over LeBron though.

So you're saying LeBron is already greater than Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Robertson, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe?

LeBron might end up as one of the top 5 greatest ever. But right now he's not even in my top 10.
                Last edited by The Great One; Fri Jun 6, 2014, 05:41 PM.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Natural abilities, yes. Accomplishments, no.

Comment

Ima let you finish but MJ is the greatest player of all time!...ALL TIME!

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      So you're saying LeBron is already greater than Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Robertson, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe?

LeBron might end up as one of the top 5 greatest ever. But right now he's not even in my top 10.
                      If LeBron retired today, people would debate LeBron vs. Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, etc until they turn blue. Kareem is the one name who's clearly greater. And Robertson is the one name who shouldn't be on your list, LeBron has clearly accomplished more than him already.

Comment

I hate lebron, but I have to admit, he is best to ever lace them up. Even with this loss, he's was the best player in that series respects to him
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

i am of the apollo mind. but i might add shaq, and definitely would if he hit 75% of free throws.

mj, magic. magic was incredible.

i always find the best way to decide is an all time draft.
                          if you had the first pick for an all ages team who would you choose?

has to be jordan, why bet against that guy?

Comment

Michael Jordan..... hmm.

Best Player of his era. Lebron best of his.

Its silly to compare era's. If you HAVE to..... neither of these guys touches Bill Russell, Wily, Big O or Baylor. I dont think anyhow. The NBA wasn't a fixed promotion affair back then. Jordan was a very good player, but he was also very, VERY fortunate to be the shiny face of Sterns new marketing machine. The guy was promoted, protected and put in place to succeed every single game. Players couldn't guard him, unless it was a rivalry series that was going 6-7 games because it was good for numbers. But for th emost part, he either shot and made it, or there was a foul called for him. On defence, he was clever, but got away with pure murder.

MJ isnt he greatest of all time, sorry boys.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              Michael Jordan..... hmm.

Best Player of his era. Lebron best of his.

Its silly to compare era's. If you HAVE to..... neither of these guys touches Bill Russell, Wily, Big O or Baylor. I dont think anyhow. The NBA wasn't a fixed promotion affair back then. Jordan was a very good player, but he was also very, VERY fortunate to be the shiny face of Sterns new marketing machine. The guy was promoted, protected and put in place to succeed every single game. Players couldn't guard him, unless it was a rivalry series that was going 6-7 games because it was good for numbers. But for th emost part, he either shot and made it, or there was a foul called for him. On defence, he was clever, but got away with pure murder.

MJ isnt he greatest of all time, sorry boys.
                              I agree about comparing eras. For me, it's difficult to discount the top players from the early NBA. I can look at stats and what not, but I really have no idea how good or dominant a guy like Russel or Wilt really was. How difficult was it for those guys to dominate in the league at that time is impossible for me to say. Even Kareem, Magic, and Bird were before my time as a fan, so I find it hard to judge those guys as well. I did watch Jordan, and he was amazing, but I didn't look at him or the game of basketball like I do now. And I don't doubt what you said that Jordan benefited from the whistle moreso than most. That's probably true as well. Would Jordan dominate to the same extent in today's NBA, or Wilt or Russel or whomever? Hard to say really.

Who's better, Orr, Gretzky or Crosby? Different era issue again. When Sidney retires, I doubt many would say he was better than Gretzky, but at no point in his career did Gretzky have to deal with same level of physicality that Crosby experiences game in and game out. So it makes you wonder, if Crosby had played in Gretzky's time, where would he stack up?

Comment

Working...
                              X