Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeBron's Agent Tells Heat James Will Opt Out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LeBron's Agent Tells Heat James Will Opt Out

    This summer just got that much more interesting.

    LeBron James could be set to take his talents somewhere else again.

    According to ESPN's Chris Broussard, James' agent Rich Paul has told the Miami Heat that his client will exercise the early termination clause in his contract, making him a free agent. James had until June 30 to opt out of the contract and will hit the market on July 1.

    In his four seasons with Miami, the Heat have won two NBA titles in four appearances, while James captured two MVP awards and two Finals MVP awards while averaging 26.9 points per game, 7.6 rebounds per game and 6.7 assists per game.

    The 29-year-old had two years remaining on his deal with the Heat worth $20.5 million in 2014-15 and $22.1 million in 2015-16.

    More details to follow.
    Source - Click here

  • #2
    Could this simply be the first step in restructuring his deal, giving Miami more room to sign better role players?
    Last edited by Snizzoop; Tue Jun 24th, 2014, 10:47 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Agent to Heat: LeBron opting out

      LeBron James' agent, Richie Paul, has informed the Miami Heat that James will exercise his early termination option and become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

      Comment


      • #4
        Say your prayers now guys. You gotta get to the top of the queue on this stuff.

        Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5



          I wonder if Heat fans became free agents too
          Last edited by rocwell; Tue Jun 24th, 2014, 02:43 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Karma for the Heat. Love it. Maybe they get a taste of their own system of "team building".

            There are stories out there of a few teams getting ready to shed salary to accommodate Lebron & Melo....lol. If so there would be some opportunities for MU to get in on some firesales.

            Comment


            • #7


              Like there's no other news in sports...
              Last edited by rocwell; Tue Jun 24th, 2014, 03:45 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                rocwell wrote: View Post


                Like there's no other news in sports...
                Is that jonah hill lmaoooo

                Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                Comment


                • #9
                  rocwell wrote: View Post



                  I wonder if Heat fans became free agents too
                  the heat can now spend to the cap and then resign james right, using his bird rights? so it opens 20-25 million in cap space for them before they bring james back? lowry, melo now become real options monetarily

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Karma for the Heat. Love it. Maybe they get a taste of their own system of "team building".

                    There are stories out there of a few teams getting ready to shed salary to accommodate Lebron & Melo....lol. If so there would be some opportunities for MU to get in on some firesales.
                    They got a title, I think they made out more than OK from all this. Much better than the Cavs and so I don't see the balance. The Cavs have had all the high lotto picks Riley would need to make two playoff teams by now...

                    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      the heat can now spend to the cap and then resign james right, using his bird rights? so it opens 20-25 million in cap space for them before they bring james back? lowry, melo now become real options monetarily
                      Not the way it works. Bird rights come with a 150% cap hold, or in James' case, somewhere a little north of $30 million. If Wade and Bosh do not opt out, the Heat are in a difficult spot: they can fill out the roster with their various exceptions, which aren't very many (They have the taxpayer-mid-level; they can't use bi-annual or they'll be hard-capped at the apron and unable to resign James), and then use bird-rights to retain James, if he likes their changes. They can keep Allen and Battier (and Chalmers, if they want to) using bird rights as well with this strategy. They can no longer trade these expirings for players under contract, according to the current CBA.
                      Alternately, they can renounce James' bird rights, drop under the cap, clear out as much as their roster as possible, and then add in whatever discount guys they can find and add in James. But if Bosh and Wade don't opt out, then they're stuck at a max of around 23 million for James + the rest of their roster.

                      If Bosh and Wade both opt out and all want to return to the Heat, then it gives them a lot more flexibility. So I see this as being a pressure move on Bosh and Wade, moreso than a pressure move on the Heat.


                      http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q37
                      Last edited by octothorp; Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 03:51 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        octothorp wrote: View Post
                        Not the way it works. Bird rights come with a 150% cap hold, or in James' case, somewhere a little north of $30 million. If Wade and Bosh do not opt out, the Heat are in a difficult spot: they can fill out the roster with their various exceptions, which aren't very many (They have the taxpayer-mid-level; they can't use bi-annual or they'll be hard-capped at the apron and unable to resign James), and then use bird-rights to retain James, if he likes their changes. They can keep Allen and Battier (and Chalmers, if they want to) using bird rights as well with this strategy. They can no longer trade these expirings for players under contract, according to the current CBA.
                        Alternately, they can renounce James' bird rights, drop under the cap, clear out as much as their roster as possible, and then add in whatever discount guys they can find and add in James. But if Bosh and Wade don't opt out, then they're stuck at a max of around 23 million for James + the rest of their roster.

                        If Bosh and Wade both opt out and all want to return to the Heat, then it gives them a lot more flexibility. So I see this as being a pressure move on Bosh and Wade, moreso than a pressure move on the Heat.


                        http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q37
                        thanks

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X