Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calderon is back to the Atlantic! how does this affect the Atlantic & who won the trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon is back to the Atlantic! how does this affect the Atlantic & who won the trade?

Knicks under Phil Jackson/Derek Fisher is a team to watch....1st move has been made.

Tyson Chandler & Raymond Felton to the Mavs for Jose Calderon, Samuel Damlembert, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington & the 34th & 51st picks

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...bert/11369559/

Who won and how does this affect the Atlantic & Raptors?

I think Raps & Nets are still the teams to beat in the division but Knicks just got a little cap relief, a true PG in Jose, a great prospect in Larkin and some much needed youth to their lineup...

Comment

Knicks won, easily

Calderon is perfect for the triangle and they got rid of chandler/felton AND got young Larkin. Plus picks. Crazy.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Definitely a good start to convince Melo to stay...Mavs got the best player but Knicks got the best package...

Comment

They still need Carmelo in order for that Triangle to be a triangle. Otherwise its tankfest 2.0 with Bargs and Jose running the pick and roll again.
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

wow did not even catch the raps 2.0 connection...Bargs & Ocho re-united...haha knicks better be scoring 100+ every game cause there will be no defence

Comment

Is mark Cuban an idiot?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Knicks won, easily

Calderon is perfect for the triangle and they got rid of chandler/felton AND got young Larkin. Plus picks. Crazy.
                Did they win easily? They downgraded at center big time, and upgraded at PG (not really big time since Jose's D still sucks). Might be more of a case where both teams won.

Mavs get the defensive center they know works well with Dirk, since they already won a title together. Not to mention Chandler is in a contract year so will be playing his heart out.
                Felton is not nearly as bad as advertised, and was actually pretty damn good in NY before they traded for Melo. The chemistry will for sure be better on Dallas. He's cheaper than Jose too, and his contract is 2 years shorter than Jose's.
                This makes Dallas a better team right now and increases future flexibilty, which is what they need. They are going for one final run with Dirk and don't have time for the young guys to develop. (Larkin and 2nd rounders).

NY gets some picks in this years draft (2nd rounders, but that's still something). They also get Larkin, who may or may not be good, but can hopefully become backup PG quality at least. Ellington is just filler as far as I can tell. He gets basically no minutes.
                As a price they have to pay Jose big money through the 2016-17 season (he'll be 33 this season, YIKES!), and Jose is already in decline, posting career worst assist numbers last year.

Seems more like a wash to me. Dallas gets better right now, NY gets some young players.

Raps fans win since we get to see another teams fans put up with the Jose-Bargs combo.
                Last edited by Primer; Wed Jun 25, 2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Knicks won, easily

I disagree with u there. Today Dallas just became relevant again in the association.
                  Very good trade for Dallas,they get their man in the middle,the facilitator on D.
                  Dallas won championship with this individual,they just got better.
                  As for the knicks,not sure what their doing, Calderon sucks,don't like his game, can't play any d worth of s@!t. Knicks are gonna blow,calderon and bargnani on the same team..lol. We've scene that movie before, they are gonna suck.
                  As for Larkin player,who...,he will be out of the league in few years,and as for second rd picks,this isn't nhl draft,nba second rd picks don't turn out 2 be that much,some do,but not a lot them.
                  Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Wed Jun 25, 2014, 08:09 PM.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Tyson sucked the past couple years, guys. he's old and incredibly injury prone. they also somehow got rid of Felton's contract. Yes they took on Calderon's, but at least he's a serviceable player.

Dalembert sucks.. but at least he's healthy. He actually had a pretty decent year last year.

Knicks just got better and younger, AND got picks. But sure yeah, they lost the trade.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

oh and the knicks got cap space but who cares the mavs won the trade because they got Tyson's old injured ass
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

This is more of a Let's NBA kind of thread. Sorry laddies. Keep doing your thing. Proceed.

Comment

Good trade for the Knicks. Calderón is an upgrade from Felton and is a true point guard. Feeling is that the Knicks will tank this year and will have a clean slate next season when Stat and Bargnani's contracts come off the books.

Comment

And Zenmaster might target someone like Inglis at that 34 spot.

Comment

Tyson sucked the past couple years, guys. he's old and incredibly injury prone. they also somehow got rid of Felton's contract. Yes they took on Calderon's, but at least he's a serviceable player.

Dalembert sucks.. but at least he's healthy. He actually had a pretty decent year last year.

Knicks just got better and younger, AND got picks. But sure yeah, they lost the trade.
                              I'll examine for you further since it looks like you're doing this without looking at any contract numbers or stats.

Jose Calderon is owed
                              2014-15 $7M (33 years old)
                              2015-16 $7.4M (34 years old)
                              2016-17 $7.7M (35 years old)

Raymond Felton is owed
                              2014-15 $3.7M (30 years old)
                              2015-16 $3.9M (31 years old)

So getting rid of Felton's contract in order to take on Jose's contract is like cutting off your arm to save your hand.
                              "Whew, we got out from that 2 year $7.6M contract, and all we had to take on was a 3 year $22.1M contract. Winning!" - James Dolan

Now, lets look at stats.

Jose Calderon
                              11.4 pts, 4.7 ast, 2.4 reb, 15.2 PER, 112 DRtg

Raymond Felton
                              9.7 pts, 5.6 ast, 3.0 reb, 12.9 PER, 111 DRtg

Is Jose that much better? I don't think so. I'd also note that Jose had career worst assist numbers last year, and that was supposed to be his bread and butter (e.g. he is declining rapidly). I guarantee that he will be shit by the end of that contract, and maybe even this season. The Mavs tossed that grenade to the Knicks before it explodes.

I don't know how you can argue Knicks got better. Dalembert is a 20 min per game player at best. Chandler is a defensive anchor everyday starter. Knicks will most likely be worse.

I didn't say Dallas won, but they accomplished a clear goal, get better this coming season. NYK just took on another albatross contract in Jose's for some 2nd round picks. If they strike gold with one of them, or Larkin is the 2nd coming of Derrek Rose, then good for them, but the odds are against it.

Comment

Working...
                              X