Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    What are you talking about?

"NBA minutes" doesn't mean that he's ready to start. Especially not for a team that's trying to win games.
    you dont say!

Wow, I am sooo glad you were able to point that out to me.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Masai advertised him as incredibly raw. A two year project before he is ready for NBA minutes.
      I didn't hear Masai advertised him as " incredibly raw" when he selected him, as a matter of fact he seems a bit annoyed at the commentator at the draft describing Bruno as "being two years away from being two years away".

Bruno has potential just like many other young and inexperience players entering the NBA but I just don't see a star in the making.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        I didn't hear Masai advertised him as " incredibly raw" when he selected him, as a matter of fact he seems a bit annoyed at the commentator at the draft describing Bruno as "being two years away from being two years away".

Bruno has potential just like many other young and inexperience players entering the NBA but I just don't see a star in the making.
        masai is the one who said that first, if you watch the draft room video he says Fran stole his line.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          I would wager he changed him mind on that, seeing as how he just signed Carrol to a big fat contract.
          What does signing a starting SF to a 4 year deal have to do with Bruno getting backup minutes a year from now? Bruno would slide into JJ's backup spot when JJ's contract is conveniently up. The coaching staff has also talked about Bruno as a 4 in videos this summer, so he'd likely get some PF minutes too.

Basically, signing Carroll has absolutely nothing to do with Bruno at all.

Comment

Bruno would slide into JJ's backup spot when JJ's contract is conveniently up.
            You are talking as if you know that Bruno will be good enough to be playing backup for a winning team by next season, losing JJ isn't small potatoes that Bruno can just step in and fill the void left by a pretty good backup.

Comment

you dont say!

Wow, I am sooo glad you were able to point that out to me.
              How does signing Carroll in any way indicate that that Masai has changed his mind about Bruno being a 2 year project?

Comment

What does signing a starting SF to a 4 year deal have to do with Bruno getting backup minutes a year from now? Bruno would slide into JJ's backup spot when JJ's contract is conveniently up. The coaching staff has also talked about Bruno as a 4 in videos this summer, so he'd likely get some PF minutes too.

Basically, signing Carroll has absolutely nothing to do with Bruno at all.
                It does, it shows that Bruno is further behind in development.

They are dedicating 15 million to a guy that is here for 4 years, so to me that is admitting that Bruno wont be ready to start for 4 years minimum, which mean he wont be a viable backup for at least 2. Kid can't get up to speed in most of his Summer LEague games after a years of extensive work, ne way he is a backup sf next season.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  How does signing Carroll in any way indicate that that Masai has changed his mind about Bruno being a 2 year project?
                  Because he felt the need to secure that position long term, and he talks of resigning Ross, and he signed Powell, and he drafted Wright, and he signed Cujo.

So Wright, Cujo, Powell, Demar all capable at sg and you have Caroll, Ross and JJ all available at sf.

So that leaves at best, barring a trade and a HUGE improvement from Bruno, him being third sf next season. So Landry Fields.

And by watching Summer LEague Bruno was out of his league more often than Not IMO. He is at least 2 more years away from possibly being a subpar backup.

Comment

It does, it shows that Bruno is further behind in development.

They are dedicating 15 million to a guy that is here for 4 years, so to me that is admitting that Bruno wont be ready to start for 4 years minimum, which mean he wont be a viable backup for at least 2. Kid can't get up to speed in most of his Summer LEague games after a years of extensive work, ne way he is a backup sf next season.
                    Carroll wouldn't sign for anything less than a 4 year deal, not to mention $15M per year will be pretty close to backup money in 4 years. The Carroll signing has absolutely nothing to do with Bruno or his development. We signed Carroll because we've had a huge gaping hole at SF ever since we dealt Rudy and Ross has failed to fill it. If anything, the Carroll signing shows how miserably behind in development Ross is. Also, don't gloss over the fact that the staff has been calling Bruno a 4 lately, and we still have a huge hole at PF in the future.

Comment

• Bruno looks like a 3/4. He could play as the 4 next to DC

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Bruno looks like a 3/4. He could play as the 4 next to DC
                        When Bruno is ready to make some noise, he is going to be 23 and DC is going to be a 33 year old free agent.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          When Bruno is ready to make some noise, he is going to be 23 and DC is going to be a 33 year old free agent.
                          Or Bruno can replace the old man playing SF. Just sitting here waiting to see if Drew can get past the fifth

Comment

Because he felt the need to secure that position long term, and he talks of resigning Ross, and he signed Powell, and he drafted Wright, and he signed Cujo.

So Wright, Cujo, Powell, Demar all capable at sg and you have Caroll, Ross and JJ all available at sf.

So that leaves at best, barring a trade and a HUGE improvement from Bruno, him being third sf next season. So Landry Fields.

And by watching Summer LEague Bruno was out of his league more often than Not IMO. He is at least 2 more years away from possibly being a subpar backup.
                            - Carroll had to be signed for 4 years, he was looking for maximum security. You offer 2 or 3 he's in a Pistons jersey (or whoever else was reportedly after him).

- Bruno is a 3/4. Wright, CoJo and Powell will never see minutes at 3. DeMar sees spot minutes there. Carroll is going to be quite old by the time Bruno is ready (and newsflash if we have to trade DC to free up room or whatever... we can, Golden State literally just did a similar thing this offseason with David Lee). Ross and jJ are not guaranteed to figure into our long-term plans

- So Bruno could very well be getting backup minutes next year (2016-17). Stop spewing nonsense.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Or Bruno can replace the old man playing SF. Just sitting here waiting to see if Drew can get past the fifth
                              Well, yes. That was my idea.

DC expires, Bruno steps in.

Best case scenario, in my opinion, is Bruno taking a spot in rotation off bench similar to JJ in 2016-17.

2017-18, Bruno might be a real part of rotation.

2018-19 he could be a starter.

That seems like a reasonable time table unless he blows up with playing time similar to Capela.

Comment

• The Raps haven't had a real SF start AND finish a season since Garbo. It's been a position of need for a LONG time. Not sure how resolving that issue has anything to do with Bruno. If/when Bruno is ready, they will make the appropriate adjustments.

Comment

Working...
                                X