Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Bruno's break out year could be the 2016 Olympics for Brazil. When he blocks Durants shot then dunks on him at the other end. Followed by a fade away 3 for the win. Brazil wins gold, Bruno wins the worlds heart. And the crowd goes wild....
    Put down the pipe mate....

Comment

Bruno's break out year could be the 2016 Olympics for Brazil. When he blocks fellow Raptor Durants shot then dunks on him at the other end. Followed by a fade away 3 for the win. Brazil wins gold, Bruno wins the worlds heart. And the crowd goes wild....
      Why not hey?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I imagine raps have him doing 3 a days.

They are trying to manufacture an NBA player out of arms and shooting stroke.

Lots of work to do.
        Bruno needs to play more than anything else. He can find a gym with a set of weights anywhere. Magnano is a great coach, gold medal winner at the 2004 Olympics (Pan Am games, too).

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
          Bruno needs to play more than anything else. He can find a gym with a set of weights anywhere. Magnano is a great coach, gold medal winner at the 2004 Olympics (Pan Am games, too).
          It would have been good for Bruno to have been on that Pan Am team. They were well organized and ran an excellent sytem -- he would have learned a lot, but I have no idea how much time committed he (EDIT: Magnano) demands. The NBA season is a bit longer than the Bazillian/ FIBA Americas pro league is.
          Last edited by blackjitsu; Wed Aug 19, 2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Bruno's break out year could be the 2016 Olympics for Brazil. When he blocks Durants shot then dunks on him at the other end. Followed by a fade away 3 for the win. Brazil wins gold, Bruno wins the worlds heart. And the crowd goes wild....
            JWash wrote: View Post
            Put down the pipe mate....
            Pass me the pipe, mate

Comment

• Bruno doesn't get enough talk around here. At a certain other site there seem to be a lot of doubters that he can play the 3. What do you think? He obviously shoots like a 3, and I think his defensive stance is closer to where it needs to be on the perimeter than given credit for, plus his ability to recover.

My POV is that he fits with the trend of positionless basketball. 'Shard Lewis is still a good comparison and he played lots of the 3 earlier in his career. Would love to see him worked into the rotation next to JJ.

Comment

• Bruno certainly can't play the 4, and it may take him a half decade to put on enough weight to do so. So, yeah, he's a 3.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Bruno certainly can't play the 4, and it may take him a half decade to put on enough weight to do so. So, yeah, he's a 3.
                  See I don't buy that either, not when the guy has already gained significant muscle mass, and when you've got Paul George able to play significant minutes at the 4. I mean, Novak used to play the 4 for crying out loud.

I think he's an evolution of swingman - 3/4.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    See I don't buy that either, not when the guy has already gained significant muscle mass, and when you've got Paul George able to play significant minutes at the 4. I mean, Novak used to play the 4 for crying out loud.

I think he's an evolution of swingman - 3/4.
                    I don't think his size has a whole lot to do with it, I just don't see him bangin and hitting with 4s. He plays like a perimeter player

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      I don't think his size has a whole lot to do with it, I just don't see him bangin and hitting with 4s. He plays like a perimeter player
                      And Paul George and Novak don't?

Let's also not forget that Bruno doesn't turn 20 until tomorrow.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Assuming he develops some basic BBIQ, he would probably be able to handle new-age small ball 4's who float on the perimeter nowadays. Problem is, he wouldn't be able to punish them inside with his own post moves. Certainly has the length to be dangerous on the block, like a mini-Pau, which would make him a real match-up problem. Seems like a waste of his length to be just a 3&D guy.

Anyway, he's still 17 months away from 17 months away.....

Comment

• My hope is that he is capable of playing both positions for periods if time. I think he could end up playing similarily to how we use carroll

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            And Paul George and Novak don't?

Let's also not forget that Bruno doesn't turn 20 until tomorrow.
                            Novak's defense is non existent so I don't know what your point is.

Paul George has never played at PF before. Again what is your point.

If an opposing team rolls out 4 guards then I think Bruno can play the "4". I just do think he is going to be able to guard Millsap, Aldridge, or Love types. They will destroy him inside.

Comment

• The point is that you don't have to be an oldskool () power forward to play the position, now more than ever. You didn't say he wouldn't be a great defender at the 4-spot, you said he can't play the position. The example of Novak, a weak old white guy, shows that many outside the narrow preconception of what the position is supposed can, in fact, play the position. It's the position that is most succumbing to small-ball.

Kirilenko played the 4, Prince, and many, many more stringbeans did the same, with varying degrees of success - the key is usually either great shooting or very good defense. Hopefully with Bruno we get both, in time.

Comment

• Playing Bruno as a 4 has the same issues as playing DC as a 4 you lose his perimeter D. DC doesnt have the length but the abilty to chase and cause TO. Even against a stretch 4 JJ is the best wing to move to the 4 or his type

Comment

Working...
                                X