Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Man alive, just comparing the length of their forearms is freaky - especially considering BeBe has a crazy long wingspan too!
    Bebe looks like he has short stubby arms and baby hands when he stands next to Bruno....

Also Bruno looks more than 6'9 there doesn't he?

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
      Getting passed the Arm lengths The real question is can Bruno play any meaningful minutes this year ?
      Answer: No ...
      The glass ins't half full with this guy, it's overflowing.

Are you bored so you're trolling? Multiple comments hating on Bruno and Bebe before preseason even starts..... SMH

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        The glass ins't half full with this guy, it's overflowing.

Are you bored so you're trolling? Multiple comments hating on Bruno and Bebe before preseason even starts..... SMH
        I am curious as to what bruno has done to give the impression that he is overflowing with potential.

He is not a superb shooter
        He is not a superb ballhandler
        He does not possess a fire of competetiveness
        He does not possess a high bball iq
        He is not a superb rebounder, defender, shitblocker

He is nit a freak athlete with a 40+ inch vert ajd speed for days.

He has long arms.

I have lots of hope...but comeon

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          I am curious as to what bruno has done to give the impression that he is overflowing with potential.

He has long arms.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
          My glass half full comment was in reference to McRealistic being insufferably pessimistic even though we have nothing new to go on. Like, we were enjoying a funny video of Bebe and Bruno dancing, and he chimes in from left field that neither will ever be NBA bench players. No one was saying anything about their potential other than "look at those freaky long arms in that video." It seemed like trolling to me.

Comment

• Phew!

Comment

He has long arms.

I'd challenge you to name me a 20 year old who was superb at all of those things..

But he is a good shooter.
              He is a good ballhandler.
              He is only 20 years old, so still plenty of time to develop the mental game.
              He is a good rebounder, defender, shitblocker. Shotblocker too.

At 20 years young, the tools he has to build with are pretty special if you ask me.
              Whether or not he ever figures it out, who knows; but if he does, man is he going to be dangerous.
              Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 29, 2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I'd challenge you to name me a 20 year old who was superb at all of those things..

But he is a good shooter.
                He is a good ballhandler.
                He is only 20 years old, so still plenty of time to develop the mental game.
                He is a good rebounder, defender, shitblocker. Shotblocker too.

At 20 years young, the tools he has to build with are pretty special if you ask me.
                Whether or not he ever figures it out, who knows; but if he does, man is he going to be dangerous.
                Wait, are you talking about Bruno here? Because he's not really good at any of those things.

He has the makings of a good shooter, and this is the area he shows the most promise from a skills perspective. It's the only thing which it might be ok to say he's good. He has no other good offensive skill at this point. I have no clue where you're taking "good ballhandler" from.

He's pretty much bad at everything, just has freakish physical tools. Even defensively has has awful fundamentals. The hope still is the same as when drafted, that his mental development will catch up to his physical development (where he's also still far from being a finished product), hopefully before his rookie contract is up so we're still the team with his rights to keep him here long term. At this point though, the only thing we're sure of compared to last year is he's a bit stronger and his English is much better. Otherwise, yeah, he's still the freakish kid with a nice stroke but otherwise very undeveloped game.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Sep 29, 2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Wait, are you talking about Bruno here? Because he's not really good at any of those things.

He has the makings of a good shooter, and this is the area he shows the most promise from a skills perspective. He has no other good offensive skill at this point. I have no clue where you're taking "good ballhandler" from.

Other than that he's pretty much terrible at everything, just has freakish physical tools. Even defensively has has awful fundamentals. The hope still is the same as when drafted, that his mental development will catch up to his physical development, hopefully before his rookie contract is up so we're still the team with his rights to keep him here long term. At this point though, the only thing we're sure of compared to last year is he's a bit stronger and his English is much better. Otherwise, yeah, he's still the freakish kid with a nice stroke but otherwise very undeveloped game.
                  Well ya, sorry, I meant "good" relative to what I imagine Snooch meant with "Superb".

Bruno can be a very good shooter.
                  For his size I'd say he has a decent handle, with ability and room to improve.
                  And his defense is where I think he can really shine, as that is where his wingspan comes into play.

So fair, I was being generous with "Good", but really, I guess I meant to say he projects to be good. As I imagine Snooch meant he doesn't "project" to be Superb at anything.

Comment

Well ya, sorry, I meant "good" relative to what I imagine Snooch meant with "Superb".

Bruno can be a very good shooter.
                    For his size I'd say he has a decent handle, with ability and room to improve.
                    And his defense is where I think he can really shine, as that is where his wingspan comes into play.

So fair, I was being generous with "Good", but really, I guess I meant to say he projects to be good. As I imagine Snooch meant he doesn't "project" to be Superb at anything.
                    all was in reference to a previous post about him overflowing with potential.

i see potential, just not an overflow. ad was overflowing with potential when he was drafted...

Comment

i see potential, just not an overflow. ad was overflowing with potential when he was drafted...
                      AD has all-time great potential though. There's maybe a handful such talents in the league at any given time.

Comment

Well in terms of "overflowing with potential", I'm not sure I'd use those words myself, but for me, its the fact that he's still only 20 years and is working with some of the best people in the game (not looking at Casey...) to develop him; looking at the tools he has to work with, and granted most of that is being able to shoot the ball while also having that freak-physique, IF he ever puts it all together he could be unlike any other player in the league. I mean, a 7'7" wingspan, on a 6'9" body just doesn't make sense... and those Stilts he calls arms actually know how to shoot the ball! To me, that indicates good coordination, which should translate well to his handle and defense.

Comment

• And that's sort of the thing with Bruno, his potential is SOOOO deeply buried we hafta mine for it and hope that something is there. If he was obviously great and we knew he'd put it all together, then he wouldn't have dropped to 21st in the draft. But there's a small chance he figures it out, and if he does, then I say we won the lottery.

They say you can't teach length, and Bruno is the longest in the land. Bruno is Ridicu-Long. Lets tap into that.
                          Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 29, 2015, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Well in terms of "overflowing with potential", I'm not sure I'd use those words myself, but for me, its the fact that he's still only 20 years and is working with some of the best people in the game (not looking at Casey...) to develop him; looking at the tools he has to work with, and granted most of that is being able to shoot the ball while also having that freak-physique, IF he ever puts it all together he could be unlike any other player in the league. I mean, a 7'7" wingspan, on a 6'9" body just doesn't make sense... and those Stilts he calls arms actually know how to shoot the ball! To me, that indicates good coordination, which should translate well to his handle and defense.
                            I'm a lot less optimistic about his handle. He's so raw, and handles aren't like shooting. Yeah you can practice it and reps obviously help, but the actual actions and situational reads are so much more varied in terms of learning to properly utilize the dribble.

Comment

• I'd question his skill as a ball handler Joey.

He is good shooter and he has go go gadget arms. He is a project in every facet of his game currently
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                I'd question his skill as a ball handler Joey.
                                Well once again, what are people expecting of him in terms of handles? Is he going to break guys down on the dribble? Can't imagine so, but not even KD plays that way. What he has shown is an ability to do though, is dribble at speed, run the ball up the court off a rebound (in Summer League mind you .. limited scope), and I believe he will be able to put it on the floor for 3 dribbles (2 with those arms?) once he has guys up in the air when they've fallen for his shot fake, and toss in that Eurostep he showed in SL also, no problem. Those are all basic skills to learn (minus the Eurostep), and Bruno seems to be a bright kid.

thead wrote: View Post
                                He is good shooter and he has go go gadget arms. He is a project in every facet of his game currently
                                Not going to get any argument from me on that! But the potential is certainly there. I think the 905ers are going to show us a lot this year in terms of managing our expectations.
                                Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 29, 2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X