Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Big will have enough time to rotate. Euro step is not unstoppable move.
    he said immobile.

    you guys can go back and forth with why it will work and why it won't forever. game happens super fast. no player is making the amount of decisions being proposed here all the time.

    i agree with j at the 3 more than the 4. for our team my favourite small ball lineup is lowry/demar/jj/carrol/2pat. i think this gives lots of options.

    i would rather bruno in the dleague, but as said above, 25+ minutes on saturday and followed by 10-15 sunday in the bigs is a great idea. i can't see him getting 15 minutes a night on a regular basis in the nba this season. that does seem like a reasonable goal for next year though.

    Comment


    • Everything Bruno Caboclo

      If the argument here is JJ versus Bruno. I take Bruno 10 times out of 10. Wtf

      JJ is on the final year of his deal and if he isn't part of your future. Why would you feed him minutes that would be better spent on developing a prospect. I.e Bruno and or Powell

      Honestly, Bruno can't look any worse than porter did at the beginning of last year. And then he completely torched us in the playoffs and is the potential starter for Washington now. And he did it by getting back up minutes during the regular season

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by yabadabayolo; Sun Oct 11, 2015, 11:37 PM.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

      Comment


      • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        he said immobile.

        you guys can go back and forth with why it will work and why it won't forever. game happens super fast. no player is making the amount of decisions being proposed here all the time.

        i agree with j at the 3 more than the 4. for our team my favourite small ball lineup is lowry/demar/jj/carrol/2pat. i think this gives lots of options.

        i would rather bruno in the dleague, but as said above, 25+ minutes on saturday and followed by 10-15 sunday in the bigs is a great idea. i can't see him getting 15 minutes a night on a regular basis in the nba this season. that does seem like a reasonable goal for next year though.
        and i said it could work against shit teams. But what's the point in that.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

        Comment


        • yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          If the argument here is JJ versus Bruno. I take Bruno 10 times out of 10. Wtf

          JJ is on the final year of his deal and if he isn't part of your future. Why would you feed him minutes that would be better spent on developing a prospect. I.e Bruno and or Powell

          Honestly, Bruno can't look any worse than porter did at the beginning of last year. And then he completely torched us in the playoffs and is the potential starter for Washington now. And he did it by getting back up minutes during the regular season

          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I wouldn't necessarily say I would take Bruno over JJ right now if I had the choice but I definitely wouldn't be pissed if the coach did mainly because of the reasons you stated. But JJ isn't playing the 3 this year so I would rather play Bruno there than have Ross or Demar playing out of position.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

          Comment


          • I'd rather Bruno get his 30 MPG in the DL than sporadically playing less than 20 for about half our games (and sitting a bunch) like our backup 3 did last year. And honestly the best case scenario this year is probably about 10 per game for Bruno, so given that, I'd rather him get the run in.

            It was so simple. Two strong at every position, third string of rookies/prospects. Lowry-CoJo. DD-Ross. Carroll-JJ. PP-Scola. JV-Biyombo. Then Wright, Powell, Bruno, Bennett, BeBe. Beautiful, simple, effective. Oh, well, should never have gotten my hopes up. I knew who the coach is. My bad on that one.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              If the argument here is JJ versus Bruno. I take Bruno 10 times out of 10. Wtf

              JJ is on the final year of his deal and if he isn't part of your future. Why would you feed him minutes that would be better spent on developing a prospect. I.e Bruno and or Powell

              Honestly, Bruno can't look any worse than porter did at the beginning of last year. And then he completely torched us in the playoffs and is the potential starter for Washington now. And he did it by getting back up minutes during the regular season

              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Because winning is a priority? Because despite arguments against it, the D-League has been used to properly develop numerous players including Corey Joseph? Because fans like to talk rationally about the future and then snap when the present team sucks -- because they're fanatic supporters? Because most people learn when they're not under undue pressure, and if JJ can take the blame instead of Bruno that's likely better for his development?

              I don't know, just spit-ballin' here.

              Comment


              • fucking Casey playing young guys instead of vets
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                Comment


                • blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  Because winning is a priority? Because despite arguments against it, the D-League has been used to properly develop numerous players including Corey Joseph? Because fans like to talk rationally about the future and then snap when the present team sucks -- because they're fanatic supporters? Because most people learn when they're not under undue pressure, and if JJ can take the blame instead of Bruno that's likely better for his development?

                  I don't know, just spit-ballin' here.
                  Well. Regular season winning has little to do with anything. D league can still be used as, yknow, there's more then 1 young player on the team. Oh and your backup 3 isn't gonna be the difference between you winning and losing. And IMO, learning through mistakes has always been better than being spoon fed minutes.

                  I don't know man. I'm Just spit balling too


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                  Comment


                  • DanH wrote: View Post
                    I'd rather Bruno get his 30 MPG in the DL than sporadically playing less than 20 for about half our games (and sitting a bunch) like our backup 3 did last year. And honestly the best case scenario this year is probably about 10 per game for Bruno, so given that, I'd rather him get the run in.

                    It was so simple. Two strong at every position, third string of rookies/prospects. Lowry-CoJo. DD-Ross. Carroll-JJ. PP-Scola. JV-Biyombo. Then Wright, Powell, Bruno, Bennett, BeBe. Beautiful, simple, effective. Oh, well, should never have gotten my hopes up. I knew who the coach is. My bad on that one.
                    I don't know if I agree with that. NBA minutes will always be better to me. But as someone said he can play both places. Also your point about Casey is completely right. Of course he wouldn't play the lineup everyone is expecting because he's insane. I really want to know what JJ did to make Casey hate him so much. It's crazy how much he goes out of his way to make sure JJ doesn't get playing time. All I'm saying is he isn't going to play JJ at the 3 unless someone gets injured or something, so we all might as well get over it and accept it. I'm just trying to take the positive out of it which is Bruno and or Powell will get some much needed NBA minutes to develop and they are apart of our future not JJ.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                    Comment


                    • yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      Well. Regular season winning has little to do with anything. D league can still be used as, yknow, there's more then 1 young player on the team. Oh and your backup 3 isn't gonna be the difference between you winning and losing. And IMO, learning through mistakes has always been better than being spoon fed minutes.

                      I don't know man. I'm Just spit balling too


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      You're backup 3 isn't going to affect wins and losses? LOL!!!!!

                      Have you been watching this team for the past 20 years?

                      Do you not remember how many games have been lost because of mediocre/poor play from the bench wing spots?

                      Seriously!? What are you watching?

                      This team hasn't had a real SF play a full season since Garbo!!!! Remember him?

                      They've backed up the position with a list of quality players like ...

                      Jamario Moon never shot the Raps out of games -- oh wait, he did.

                      Sonny Weems never played above his head and always played responsible defense -- nope.

                      Linas Kleiza wasn't a turnstyle defender who let leads get insurmountable -- wrong again.

                      You're talking about a team that put Greivez GD Vasquez against Joe Johnson in a PLAYOFF GAME because they didn't have an appropriate SF to cover them.

                      Let me reiterate -- they put a player who was in more net negative lineups than any other Raptor last year against the Nets most clutch player because "backup SF doesn't matter." THEN the GM brings in a solid defensive backup SF in JJ, but Casey thinks he's SO smart, so does he use said backup SF in the playoffs? No. What happens? The Raps lose the SF battle against Porter AND Pierce. GET SWEPT. Are forced to overpay for SMALL FORWARD instead of using present personnel until Bruno is ready.

                      But what the hell do I know?
                      What the hell do the teams that actually win know?

                      Cavs -- Shumpert
                      Warriors -- Iggy (Finals MVP)
                      Spurs -- Danny Green
                      Hawks -- Thabo

                      Any of those guys could start for the Raps, but they've all spent time on the bench for winning teams, because backup SF is a valuable position. Especially in a league where the two easiest positions to replace are PG and PF. If you have multiple wing players those are serious assets.

                      Look at the Bucks: Giannis, Middleton, Jabari Parker...

                      But you're right, backup SF doesn't matter.
                      It's just coincidence that the Raps sucking and not having quality backup players happened at the same time.

                      Comment


                      • blackjitsu wrote: View Post

                        Let me reiterate -- they put a player who was in more net negative lineups than any other Raptor last year against the Nets most clutch player because "backup SF doesn't matter." THEN the GM brings in a solid defensive backup SF in JJ, but Casey thinks he's SO smart, so does he use said backup SF in the playoffs? No. What happens? The Raps lose the SF battle against Porter AND Pierce. GET SWEPT. Are forced to overpay for SMALL FORWARD instead of using present personnel until Bruno is ready.
                        I think he meant playing Bruno over JJ won't make a difference in terms of us making the Playoffs or not. Playing Bruno in the Playoffs is a whole different story. I wouldn't mind giving Bruno playing time against the crappy teams like the Sixers.

                        Comment


                        • GLF wrote: View Post
                          I don't know if I agree with that. NBA minutes will always be better to me. But as someone said he can play both places. Also your point about Casey is completely right. Of course he wouldn't play the lineup everyone is expecting because he's insane. I really want to know what JJ did to make Casey hate him so much. It's crazy how much he goes out of his way to make sure JJ doesn't get playing time. All I'm saying is he isn't going to play JJ at the 3 unless someone gets injured or something, so we all might as well get over it and accept it. I'm just trying to take the positive out of it which is Bruno and or Powell will get some much needed NBA minutes to develop and they are apart of our future not JJ.
                          I think Bruno would gain a lot more from playing a lot in a low pressure situation for an extended period of time, then joining the Raptors for the last bit of the season and playoffs. He most needs experience right now, and piling up minutes in the d league provides a lot more experience. He is going to make a lot of mistakes, particularly on offense, and I know Casey won't let him work through these mistakes so he will end up on the bench a lot, where he will lose confidence. He is pretty useless on offense right now, and I don't think that he will pick up the offense quickly by playing minimal time.

                          Comment


                          • blackjitsu wrote: View Post


                            Greivez GD Vasquez
                            this should have been his nickname

                            Comment


                            • Everything Bruno Caboclo

                              blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              You're backup 3 isn't going to affect wins and losses? LOL!!!!!

                              Have you been watching this team for the past 20 years?

                              Do you not remember how many games have been lost because of mediocre/poor play from the bench wing spots?

                              Seriously!? What are you watching?

                              This team hasn't had a real SF play a full season since Garbo!!!! Remember him?

                              They've backed up the position with a list of quality players like ...

                              Jamario Moon never shot the Raps out of games -- oh wait, he did.

                              Sonny Weems never played above his head and always played responsible defense -- nope.

                              Linas Kleiza wasn't a turnstyle defender who let leads get insurmountable -- wrong again.

                              You're talking about a team that put Greivez GD Vasquez against Joe Johnson in a PLAYOFF GAME because they didn't have an appropriate SF to cover them.

                              Let me reiterate -- they put a player who was in more net negative lineups than any other Raptor last year against the Nets most clutch player because "backup SF doesn't matter." THEN the GM brings in a solid defensive backup SF in JJ, but Casey thinks he's SO smart, so does he use said backup SF in the playoffs? No. What happens? The Raps lose the SF battle against Porter AND Pierce. GET SWEPT. Are forced to overpay for SMALL FORWARD instead of using present personnel until Bruno is ready.

                              But what the hell do I know?
                              What the hell do the teams that actually win know?

                              Cavs -- Shumpert
                              Warriors -- Iggy (Finals MVP)
                              Spurs -- Danny Green
                              Hawks -- Thabo

                              Any of those guys could start for the Raps, but they've all spent time on the bench for winning teams, because backup SF is a valuable position. Especially in a league where the two easiest positions to replace are PG and PF. If you have multiple wing players those are serious assets.

                              Look at the Bucks: Giannis, Middleton, Jabari Parker...

                              But you're right, backup SF doesn't matter.
                              It's just coincidence that the Raps sucking and not having quality backup players happened at the same time.
                              Wtf are you talking about. We have a real sf. His names demarre carrol. You also know that guy that was our starting sf last year is actually still on the team right? Yea he's on the bench. in case Bruno gets completely fucked playing sf, he's still there for insurance.

                              Danny green starts for the Spurs

                              And I'm pretty sure thabo is actually garbage. He played backup to carrol in Atlanta then suddenly lost his backup role and fell out of the rotation.

                              I don't understand why your so against playing Bruno this year.

                              The guys Bruno will be playing against are guys like Matt Barnes, lance Stevenson, and Wesley Johnson. If those are the guys that are making you lose games. Well then damn. I'm cool with it.

                              I can't believe your getting so emotional over a backup wing player that's only going to play like 10-15 minutes per game lol


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by yabadabayolo; Mon Oct 12, 2015, 01:42 AM.
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                              Comment


                              • Thabo is one of the best wing defenders in the league.

                                And our starting SF from last year was hilariously bad at SF, and it would be best if he never played another minute there.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X