Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Nick Young's scorers-mentality is what keeps him on the lakers.
    Fixed
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• lol

Comment

• You turn Bruno into a spot up shooter by having him play on the Raps

You turn Bruno into a ball-handling chucker by having him play on the 905

Take your pick

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          You turn Bruno into a spot up shooter by having him play on the Raps

Take your pick
          Or you do both, and he turns out just fine.

Comment

Take your pick
            I can see that ... so "no-brainer" - 905 it is, right?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Or you do both, and he turns out just fine.
              No he wont. He is developing the wrong skills in the DLeague that will make him a good NBA player

Comment

No he wont. He is developing the wrong skills in the DLeague that will make him a good NBA player
                I agree with that but don't want him on the Raps yet. This is where a solid PG like Delon Wright could really pay dividends for development of the 905s, but sadly, he has only played half of their games (to enjoy sitting on the bench on the big club).

I would think a steady PnR and PnP diet with those two would help both of them a lot.

Teach Bruno to set screens, catch and shoot (on PnP), catch on the move (PnR) and finish at the rim (PnR).
                Teach Wright how to use screens, read defences and pass in traffic.

This would allow these guys to be NBA role players faster. To develop Bruno to be a shot creating, dribble drive scorer, is to give him too much responsibility and would take too long for him to reach the NBA. Better to train him primarily for a function that teaches a variety of skills, which then can be built upon even further once he is in the rotation.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Take your pick
                  I havent watched every game the 905 have played, but I have watched a few and i think that his shot selection, while still shaky at best, has improved considerably.

I think he's being taught what a good/bad shot is, and by shooting as much as he is he's learning how to read the defense. Bruno severely lacks the ability to read the game, largely because of his lack of playing time.

A major issue with him playing in the NBA right now i think would be the time he gets to play defense. I think once you see him lock down players on a regular basis in the Dleague we'll see him get some time with the raps. To me thats the biggest benefit of being in the Dleague, he's getting lots of reps on the defensive side to learn proper team and man-to-man defense.

Lets not forget how young this guy. He's not turning into anything just yet. He's absorbing all sorts of information and experience he's never been exposed to before. If he stays in the Dleague, jacking up ill advised shots, until he's the same age as Wright and Powell then I'll be concerned about what we've turned him into.

Comment

You're discounting the year+ of practices he's had with the big team. Look at Powell - he plays in the role of a star in the d-league but then plays like a roleplayer with Toronto.

Comment

• Ball handling is more important. When he gets to the big leagues and continues to choose the same shot selection he'll find himself on the bench.

Chucking can be corrected. Lack of ball handling cannot.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

• Yup, every increment of ball skills will pay dividends down the line.

Comment

• Has anyone seen any comment from the team about why we aren't giving Bruno spot minutes at the 3? If not now, when Carroll and JJ are injured... when?

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                            Ball handling is more important. When he gets to the big leagues and continues to choose the same shot selection he'll find himself on the bench.

Chucking can be corrected. Lack of ball handling cannot.
                            Unless we're arguing about trading DD. In that case, it's the exact opposite.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Has anyone seen any comment from the team about why we aren't giving Bruno spot minutes at the 3? If not now, when Carroll and JJ are injured... when?
                              I don't think he's on the road trip. Not sure if that's the only reason but it's one

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                I don't think he's on the road trip. Not sure if that's the only reason but it's one
                                Yeah that's what I thought, JJ got injured on the first game of the road trip. I think Bruno might stick with the Raptors once they get home or over the All Star break. Although I'd assume Casey still prefers playing Powell than Bruno given the former is more experienced.

Comment

Working...
                                X