Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post
    Bulking up isn't exactly linear.
    Yeah, so he gains 14lbs the 1st season (207 to 221), then gains 9lbs the second season (221 to 230). Not linear.

Comment

• I'd love to have Bruno covering Curry if we ever played GSW again (well, in the NBA finals of course)... just have Bruno chasing Curry around screens and then using his long wingspan to try and block any 3pt attempt.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I'd love to have Bruno covering Curry if we ever played GSW again (well, in the NBA finals of course)... just have Bruno chasing Curry around screens and then using his long wingspan to try and block any 3pt attempt.
        Bruno isn't that quick with side-to-side movements (on offense or defense). Pretty much the one thing that I feel he'll have a hard time with in the NBA.

Comment

I'd love to have Bruno covering Curry if we ever played GSW again (well, in the NBA finals of course)... just have Bruno chasing Curry around screens and then using his long wingspan to try and block any 3pt attempt.
          It would be interesting, but can't see it happening, given Casey's ultra-conservative approach.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Bruno isn't that quick with side-to-side movements (on offense or defense). Pretty much the one thing that I feel he'll have a hard time with in the NBA.
            Yeah.. definitely agree.. His lateral movements need to be much more fluid. Hopefully the Raptors are aware of that so that they can try and get him the help he needs to improve on that.. maybe a dance class in the summer?

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            It would be interesting, but can't see it happening, given Casey's ultra-conservative approach.
            Yeah.. Casey would never start Bruno in the NBA finals to create a match-up like this intentionally. Would require outside the box thinking and he's just way too old school to consider it.

Comment

Yeah.. Casey would never start Bruno in the NBA finals to create a match-up like this intentionally. Would require outside the box thinking and he's just way too old school to consider it.
              Hehe I was thinking more along the lines of 3 minutes in the third quarter of a regular season game. But Bruno starting in the Finals, yes I agree, pretty unlikely.
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Sounds simple in theory. But the thing is GS is probably the best screening team in the league - both on ball, but especially off ball screens. They free up players and cause mismatches when teams are forced to switch. Now IF Bruno can fight through the screens (which I highly doubt) yeah his length gives him a chance, though I personally see shooting fouls in that scenario.

If we're forced to switch though, now we have Bruno having to make split second decisions on who to cover and how to cover whoever he's switched onto. Good luck with that.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Hehe I was thinking more along the lines of 3 minutes in the third quarter of a regular season game. But Bruno starting in the Finals, yes I agree, pretty unlikely.
                  I was thinking 3 minutes guarding Curry would be how long it would take Bruno to foul out.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    I was thinking 3 minutes guarding Curry would be how long it would take Bruno to foul out.
                    Possibly. We'll never find out.
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• If I had told you that DeMarre Carroll would miss the bulk of the season, would you have called over or under that Bruno would play a total of 5 minutes through 60 games?

Comment

• My number #1 "wish this coach would think outside the box" moment of recent memory was hoping Scott Brooks would try Ibaka on Lebron in the Finals a few years ago. Casey actually explored something similar with Patterson on Lebron last week.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Bruno, Bebe, and Wright are all suiting up for the Raptors905 today at 2pm. Bebe will be the starting PF next to Sim Bhullar at C. Apparently Bebe fancies himself more of a PF than a C. Which brings up an interesting proposition, is it possible for PPat plus a combo of Bebe and Bruno to man the fort at PF next season? I think so, which takes the pressure off of the draft and free agency to bring in another PF. I also wouldn't be shocked if we sign Bhullar to a 3 year min deal (3rd year Team Option) in the offseason to be our 3rd C. He'd still play most of his time in the DLeague, but this way we'd have his bird rights. Bhullar could be useful against certain matchups, and does post some huge games in the DLeague.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Possibly. We'll never find out.
                            Maybe 2-3 years from now.

Comment

I'd like to see an NBA team try to employ a 'hands' team, similar to what an NFL team will use for onside kick situations, except for key inbounds defense plays. Except call it the 'arms' team. Like, use Bruno, Bebe, Powell, Biyombo, Wright, and have them spend some time every practice defending different inbounds plays, until they can read setups, anticipate screens, and use their superior length/athleticism to just cause havoc on inbounds plays. Then, situationally (ie. trailing in the last minute, needing to intercept the inbounds pass, and foul if it's unsuccessful), they become an effective tool.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Bruno, Bebe, and Wright are all suiting up for the Raptors905 today at 2pm. Bebe will be the starting PF next to Sim Bhullar at C. Apparently Bebe fancies himself more of a PF than a C. Which brings up an interesting proposition, is it possible for PPat plus a combo of Bebe and Bruno to man the fort at PF next season? I think so, which takes the pressure off of the draft and free agency to bring in another PF. I also wouldn't be shocked if we sign Bhullar to a 3 year min deal (3rd year Team Option) in the offseason to be our 3rd C. He'd still play most of his time in the DLeague, but this way we'd have his bird rights. Bhullar could be useful against certain matchups, and does post some huge games in the DLeague.

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X