Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bruno is 20 years old!!! Same age as Skal lol. 2 years younger than Denzel Valentine, Buddy Hield, Kris Dunn.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

    Comment


    • Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Bruno falls into the 9 to 15 range for me. A guy with boatload of potential, solid all-around game, great shot.... but minor inconsistencies with his play style..
      Bruno may fall into the lottery for you because you over valued the guy. However most GM's in the lottery are looking to hit a home run by selecting a player that can potentially dominate in his position. Since Bruno already played in the NBA this season, his stock no doubt has taken a hit because he still has big issues getting any minutes at this level in his second year due to poor showing. Compare that with Norman Powell and his stock shot up this season where if entered today would be considered in the lottery.

      Comment


      • Bruno is a 20th overall pick I don't understand why you guys are judging him like he was a lottery pick? How many late 1st round picks end up being rotation players?

        Comment


        • Bruno is terrible.

          Comment


          • Bruno is fine and he'll be fine.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

            Comment


            • People are focusing on where Norm was at the end of the season... remember, he didn't hit a single shot in the first 3 games he started.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

              Comment


              • Barolt wrote: View Post
                People are focusing on where Norm was at the end of the season... remember, he didn't hit a single shot in the first 3 games he started.
                What's your point? He improved.

                Comment


                • Scrub. My opinion has not changed. He's the Raptors version of Munenori Kawasaki.
                  Last edited by The Great One; Mon Jun 6, 2016, 12:44 AM.
                  Mamba Mentality

                  Comment


                  • People either love Bruno or hate Bruno. All we can do as fans is sit and hope he develops no need to try to predict the unpredictable.

                    Comment


                    • Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                      People either love Bruno or hate Bruno. All we can do as fans is sit and hope he develops no need to try to predict the unpredictable.
                      Agreed. I'm just staying patient.

                      Comment


                      • People need to enjoy/ hate the journey, not declare the destination.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Bruno may fall into the lottery for you because you over valued the guy. However most GM's in the lottery are looking to hit a home run by selecting a player that can potentially dominate in his position. Since Bruno already played in the NBA this season, his stock no doubt has taken a hit because he still has big issues getting any minutes at this level in his second year due to poor showing. Compare that with Norman Powell and his stock shot up this season where if entered today would be considered in the lottery.
                          Powell played 4 yrs at UCLA, HS and AAU.
                          Bruno only had basketball without borders and sitting on the bench in pinheiros with araujo (he starts for them!). Bruno's on a different learning curve. He's got 2 yrs left on the fraschilla scale and then he'll be the same age as Powell was when he was drafted.
                          Bruno didn't have a draft stock. He wasn't ranked. His stock rose from 0 to you don't the Bruno caboclo.

                          Comment


                          • Is it possible MU drafted Bruno to prove to the board of the need for a D-league team? He didn't need the boards permission to draft Bruno, but obviously needed it to acquire a D-league team, which has benefits that go well beyond the development of a single raw prospect. If he works out and can play actual minutes in the league then great, but if not, no big deal, we still have our minor league team for developing prospects.

                            Comment


                            • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              Is it possible MU drafted Bruno to prove to the board of the need for a D-league team? He didn't need the boards permission to draft Bruno, but obviously needed it to acquire a D-league team, which has benefits that go well beyond the development of a single raw prospect. If he works out and can play actual minutes in the league then great, but if not, no big deal, we still have our minor league team for developing prospects.
                              Naw, Bruno got drafted for the same reason so many NBA players get drafted - freakish physical tools and athleticism. It's the same reason hockey scouts are more interested in a kid's foot size than his ppg at a certain age. They care less about who's scoring the hat trick against 15 year olds (although that matters) than they do about figuring out which of these kids might end up being 6'4" and 220 lbs. I'll tell you that pisses off the parents of the undersized kid leading the team in scoring, but it's still true and a really simple answer. Physical tools give athletes high ceilings.

                              The D-League team is another reason I don't think MU should be too quick to trade away picks and go all in on a win-now team with a 1 or 2 year window (unless that team is a clear-cut contender, not just a "maybe we can beat Cleveland if everything goes right" team). The Raptors have put themselves in the best position as a franchise they've ever been in, imho. Time to get rid of that Maple Leafs "trade picks, win now!" mentality and start developing, and keeping, the kind of talent that makes this franchise highly competitive for years. Years.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                              Comment


                              • S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Naw, Bruno got drafted for the same reason so many NBA players get drafted - freakish physical tools and athleticism. It's the same reason hockey scouts are more interested in a kid's foot size than his ppg at a certain age. They care less about who's scoring the hat trick against 15 year olds (although that matters) than they do about figuring out which of these kids might end up being 6'4" and 220 lbs. I'll tell you that pisses off the parents of the undersized kid leading the team in scoring, but it's still true and a really simple answer. Physical tools give athletes high ceilings.

                                The D-League team is another reason I don't think MU should be too quick to trade away picks and go all in on a win-now team with a 1 or 2 year window (unless that team is a clear-cut contender, not just a "maybe we can beat Cleveland if everything goes right" team). The Raptors have put themselves in the best position as a franchise they've ever been in, imho. Time to get rid of that Maple Leafs "trade picks, win now!" mentality and start developing, and keeping, the kind of talent that makes this franchise highly competitive for years. Years.
                                Out with the Leafs mentality, in with the Red Wings mentality. How Detroit has managed to draft so well and develop talent over the last 20 years is amazing (as well as signing big name guys).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X