Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Its kinda crazy that Bruno is the 2nd youngest player on the Summer league team. He's gonna only be 22 turning 23 when his rookie contract is over. We are probably going to see a tremendous amount of growth from the kid.
    Last edited by Masai Uhearme; Wed Jul 6, 2016, 04:17 PM.

    Comment


    • Man i love Bruno idk why, hope he drops 50 and averages a triple double this summer league.

      Comment


      • Glad he knows the rules now

        Comment


        • Fyi Kyle Anderson is 23 years old, hasn't done much on the NBA level but the Spurs are still high on him.

          Comment


          • Bruno is starting to look huge. Expect him to impress in Vegas, really getting ready to be part of the rotation come November.

            Comment


            • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Bruno is starting to look huge. Expect him to impress in Vegas, really getting ready to be part of the rotation come November.
              I am saying this as a big bruno fan who sees big things one day: I think he gets zero meaningful minutes, at least for one more year.
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I am saying this as a big bruno fan who sees big things one day: I think he gets zero meaningful minutes, at least for one more year.
                That's entirely possible. He's got some serious competition in front of him. But if we trade Ross, Casey will be hungry for shooting. I think he's closer to being ready than most would think.

                I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wins the 11th man role, which would constitute solid developmental minutes on a team that I expect to go a little deeper into the rotation running opponents into the ground.

                We'll have a more informed opinion on how far away he is in a couple days here.

                Comment


                • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  That's entirely possible. He's got some serious competition in front of him. But if we trade Ross, Casey will be hungry for shooting. I think he's closer to being ready than most would think.

                  I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wins the 11th man role, which would constitute solid developmental minutes on a team that I expect to go a little deeper into the rotation running opponents into the ground.

                  We'll have a more informed opinion on how far away he is in a couple days here.
                  If the plan currently is Poeltl at the 4 for long stretches, i could see that failing and Bruno filling in. Much more defensive minded and capable of defending on the perimeter. Plus more capable as a shooter, which fits well with DD slashing and JV in the post. Still homing someone else comes in to fill the need at 4 but for now...

                  Comment


                  • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    If the plan currently is Poeltl at the 4 for long stretches, i could see that failing and Bruno filling in. Much more defensive minded and capable of defending on the perimeter. .
                    He did a fine job on Okafor a year ago, why would you see him fail and Bruno succeed?!




                    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    Plus more capable as a shooter, which fits well with DD slashing and JV in the post. Still homing someone else comes in to fill the need at 4 but for now...
                    Bruno is not yet a capable shooter while Poeltl has shown he also has range and an arsenal of other offensive moves that makes him much more NBA ready and talented then Bruno and more likely to succeed as an NBA player.

                    Comment


                    • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      He did a fine job on Okafor a year ago, why would you see him fail and Bruno succeed?!






                      Bruno is not yet a capable shooter while Poeltl has shown he also has range and an arsenal of other offensive moves that makes him much more NBA ready and talented then Bruno and more likely to succeed as an NBA player.
                      I'd probably agree that Jakob has a better chance of being in the rotation than Bruno, but part of that is Poeltl's ability as a 5. And you never know, Casey might favour the guy that has been learning his systems for more than 2 years by then.

                      Bruno with a clean look from the corner is a damn fine shooter. And it looks like he's added some muscle on that incredible frame.

                      Comment


                      • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

                        Bruno with a clean look from the corner is a damn fine shooter
                        In D league meaningless games where Bruno shot 10 3's per game and only hit like 34% on clean looks and you call that a fine shooter?! I wonder what percentage in an actual NBA game that means something where open 3's are almost non available facing actual NBA players would be?! He is a streaky shooter at best.

                        Comment


                        • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          In D league meaningless games where Bruno shot 10 3's per game and only hit like 34% on clean looks and you call that a fine shooter?! I wonder what percentage in an actual NBA game that means something where open 3's are almost non available facing actual NBA players would be?! He is a streaky shooter at best.
                          The percentage is so low because he started off the season bricking everything. He definitely picked up his shooting around the end of the season. I personally wouldnt question his shooting, could be his only translatable NBA skill as of right now.
                          Last edited by Masai Uhearme; Thu Jul 7, 2016, 02:13 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            He did a fine job on Okafor a year ago, why would you see him fail and Bruno succeed?!






                            Bruno is not yet a capable shooter while Poeltl has shown he also has range and an arsenal of other offensive moves that makes him much more NBA ready and talented then Bruno and more likely to succeed as an NBA player.
                            Im saying that I see Poeltl more as a 5 than a 4, at least for a while. He basically only played around the rim in college, and I imagine that the transition from college to NBA is great enough, then to add that in with asking him to do something he has very little experience in, in defending the perimeter (especially against NBA 4s, who mostly can shoot and have a speed advantage on him) I bet he will adjust at some point, but it will be quite the adjustment.

                            Bruno certainly has shown to be a more capable shooter than Poeltl though, as Poeltl has in no way shown that he has range. You can point to his shooting in workouts, saying that his form looks good, but that translates worse to NBA games than Dleague and its a much smaller sample seeing as we haven't actually seen many shots from him.

                            Comment


                            • Bruno look like a NBA player, but his IQ is that of a good highschooler. I watched a good amount of 905 games and its no different. 1-1 ball (o and d) he is okay, but once you add a team system he gets lost and is two steps behind. Players and coaches are always yelling and pointing at him where to go. At times I swear he is doing things to make him look busy when he has no clue what is going on. He still needs a lot of seasoning and learning before you can trust him with NBA minutes esp a playoff team like the raps. I know that Brooklyn game was one game, and prob his poorest game I have seen him play, but NBA teams would eat him up. And mentally, I dont think he could handle that right now. My expectations of him at this point is a Austin Daye stretch 4.

                              I do think his game will improve with more reps in the DL, and agree his first year was a total lost. I think bringing back JJ is a smart idea for his development. Someone who isn't worried about playing time who can teach him the game. At this point, I think people need to take his name out of rotation for 16/17.

                              Comment


                              • Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                In D league meaningless games where Bruno shot 10 3's per game and only hit like 34% on clean looks and you call that a fine shooter?! I wonder what percentage in an actual NBA game that means something where open 3's are almost non available facing actual NBA players would be?! He is a streaky shooter at best.
                                You're saying that all of Bruno's 7 attempts per game were wide open from the corner? Because I guaranteed they weren't.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X