Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
    Please be more specific: Are we talking "Demarre Carroll" seviceable-yet-still-more-terrible-than-you'd-think? "Charlie Villanueva" I'm-a-cool-NBA-player-who-will-learn-to-defend-eventually terrible? "Rudy Gay" I've-got-the-skills-so-why-are-teams-better-without-me terrible? "What remains of Peja Stojakovic" terrible? "DJ Augustin" terrible? "Hedo" terrible? "Eric Williams/Aaron Williams" terrible? "Joey Graham" terrible? (etc. etc.)

    I'm perfectly fine with you not liking Caboclo, questioning the wisdom of the pick, and so on and so forth. But the Raptors have some pretty rigorous standards for true terribleness: Questionable shot selection. Lack of athletic ability. Bad habits. Selfishness. Uncoachability. Apathy. Disdain for the fan base.

    I listed seven characteristics of some of the truly terrible players the Raptors have played. How many of these apply to Caboclo?

    I am perfectly happy to admit that Caboclo is not really an NBA-level player yet (as evidenced by his getting many minutes in the D-league and few at the NBA level this year). But in my opinion it's not that he's terrible so much as it's that he's not good enough yet. And he may eventually be good enough (he's certainly been gradually improving with D-league minutes); I'm willing to wait and see.
    I'm saying..... gamble failed, not a ball player, terrible. I dont hate the guy, he might be nice, he just can't play basketball.

    Comment


    • Superjudge wrote: View Post
      I'm saying..... gamble failed, not a ball player, terrible. I dont hate the guy, he might be nice, he just can't play basketball.
      Lol...31 points and 11 rebounds in the D-League Finals game and apparently he can't basketball. Hes shown he has potential and remains on course in terms of him being "2 years away from being 2 years away".

      Is he ready for NBA minutes? Maybe maybe not, we'll have to see next season, but he is by far from terrible at least at the D-League level and still too early to say the gamble failed.
      Last edited by A.I; Mon May 1st, 2017, 01:50 AM.

      Comment


      • As long as he's focused, Bruno looks like a solid backup SF/PF option that can be used as a stretch big or cutter on offense and he looks to be a pretty good man to man defender. His struggles are shot selection (He sometimes gets a quick trigger & jacks up 3's) & boxing out players to ensure himself the rebound.

        If Bruno keeps growing at this rate & continues to train throughout the summer, he'll be NBA ready next year. As of right now, he's a insurance option, but who knows what happens this offseason with contracts, players, etc. Masai could either fully commit and go for a title run, or he could let guys walk & add to the young depth already in place & start trading away guys that don't fit that core (Carroll & possibly DeRozan).

        Right now, we have both upside & star guys at our fingertips, what we do this round will decide the fate of the team.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

        Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

        Comment


        • This kid's going to be a defensive stud one day soon.

          Comment


          • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            This kid's going to be a defensive stud one day soon.
            He looks so much bigger this year. It's like he grew in all three dimensions.

            Comment


            • Cody73 wrote: View Post
              As long as he's focused, Bruno looks like a solid backup SF/PF option that can be used as a stretch big or cutter on offense and he looks to be a pretty good man to man defender. His struggles are shot selection (He sometimes gets a quick trigger & jacks up 3's) & boxing out players to ensure himself the rebound.

              If Bruno keeps growing at this rate & continues to train throughout the summer, he'll be NBA ready next year. As of right now, he's a insurance option, but who knows what happens this offseason with contracts, players, etc. Masai could either fully commit and go for a title run, or he could let guys walk & add to the young depth already in place & start trading away guys that don't fit that core (Carroll & possibly DeRozan).

              Right now, we have both upside & star guys at our fingertips, what we do this round will decide the fate of the team.
              My only objection to this is that Bruno is not and will not ever be a SF. He's just too damn slow for it and he's only going to continue to add more mass as clearly looking at him he has already put on weight since his rookie year. If anything they may continue to try and add muscle and maybe go as far as playing him as a small ball C on occasion given that I heard announcers say they believe he is actually 6'10 now and we all know about his outrageous wingspan so he's actually taller and longer than Ibaka and they use him offensively in a similar fashion (as they did Patterson). I mean Siakam is listed at 6'9 and Bruno does look bigger...

              Quite frankly his speed and ballhandling skills are more on par with a skilled big man than a wing and I personally believe that will be where he has his most success.
              Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon May 15th, 2017, 01:15 AM.

              Comment


              • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                My only objection to this is that Bruno is not and will not ever be a SF. He's just too damn slow for it and he's only going to continue to add more mass as clearly looking at him he has already put on weight since his rookie year. If anything they may continue to try and add muscle and maybe go as far as playing him as a small ball C on occasion given that I heard announcers say they believe he is actually 6'10 now and we all know about his outrageous wingspan so he's actually taller and longer than Ibaka and they use him offensively in a similar fashion (as they did Patterson). I mean Siakam is listed at 6'9 and Bruno does look bigger...

                Quite frankly his speed and ballhandling skills are more on par with a skilled big man than a wing and I personally believe that will be where he has his most success.
                I think Bruno is about as fast as Rudy Gay

                Comment


                • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  My only objection to this is that Bruno is not and will not ever be a SF. He's just too damn slow for it and he's only going to continue to add more mass as clearly looking at him he has already put on weight since his rookie year. If anything they may continue to try and add muscle and maybe go as far as playing him as a small ball C on occasion given that I heard announcers say they believe he is actually 6'10 now and we all know about his outrageous wingspan so he's actually taller and longer than Ibaka and they use him offensively in a similar fashion (as they did Patterson). I mean Siakam is listed at 6'9 and Bruno does look bigger...

                  Quite frankly his speed and ballhandling skills are more on par with a skilled big man than a wing and I personally believe that will be where he has his most success.
                  Bruno is not slow. He is actually pretty agile for someone 6'9'-6'11. The only thing that will stop him from being a 3 is his ball skills.

                  Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

                  Comment


                  • Bruno projects, just as when he was drafted, as a 3/4 hybrid who can play 3+D at either position. Sure, against smaller wings he'd struggle, and against bigger PF's, but such is life in an increasingly positionless league.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • He was a 3/4 but now he's a 4/5/3 or a 4/3/5 😋

                      Comment


                      • In a league where teams will now put 4 guards on the floor at the same time, Bruno playing the 3/4/5 hardly matters or means anything. If he manages to become an NBA rotation player, he'll play wherever it makes sense relative to the rest of his teammates and whoever they are lining up against at the time.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment


                        • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          My only objection to this is that Bruno is not and will not ever be a SF. He's just too damn slow for it and he's only going to continue to add more mass as clearly looking at him he has already put on weight since his rookie year. If anything they may continue to try and add muscle and maybe go as far as playing him as a small ball C on occasion given that I heard announcers say they believe he is actually 6'10 now and we all know about his outrageous wingspan so he's actually taller and longer than Ibaka and they use him offensively in a similar fashion (as they did Patterson). I mean Siakam is listed at 6'9 and Bruno does look bigger...

                          Quite frankly his speed and ballhandling skills are more on par with a skilled big man than a wing and I personally believe that will be where he has his most success.
                          They definitely paid lip service to Bruno transitioning to the 4. But most of the time I watched he was out there guarding wing players, and keeping up just fine.

                          Comment


                          • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            They definitely paid lip service to Bruno transitioning to the 4. But most of the time I watched he was out there guarding wing players, and keeping up just fine.
                            His arms are so long he hardly need to move to guard these smaller guys. That last regular season game against the cavs he guarded Richard Jefferson just fine.

                            Comment




                            • at least he didn't let Stephenson dance on him lmao
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                              Comment


                              • Bruno vs Issac





                                I've only seen part of one game that Issac played in and he didnt get a lot of opportunity in that game bc Bacon is such a hog (haha) to have a strong opinion here. Reading through his scouting report and comping Issac to a player that I am familiar with (Bruno), I see a lot comparables and I feel pretty good about it considering Issac is such a highly touted prospect. Both guys look like their ceiling might be Rashard Lewis, with better defense imo. Their worst case scenario probably looks like what Bruno already is - dleague guy that never puts it together and maybe never gets a 2nd contract.
                                currently, i feel a bit similar to Bruno as i felt about Ross - a guy with a great tool box and natural ability that lacked confidence, awareness and consistency to put it all together and take the next step in his career. I hope that is not the case with Bruno bc Ross made me feel very frustrated!
                                As it stands, i think issac has more iq and better hands but bruno already has shown that his frame has filled out (which i think gives him more potential as a rim protector, as well as, his length), and imo he arguably has a better shooting stroke (although ft% disagrees). In terms of age, I give Bruno some slack that I think his 1st yr is a total right-off and considering where he started from (no English or AAU) to the d-league champ, I give him a lot of credit as a relatively "young" 21 yr old.
                                I think it's difficult for us as raptors fans, to forget the massive reach that Masai took when he drafted Bruno. If i divorce that thought from my mind, and hypothetically imagine that Bruno was plucked from obscurity by a college program (say Indiana) and developed to where he is at now, i think I would find myself comping Bruno to guys like Issac and Ingram. That makes me feel pretty good about Bruno bc those guys have a lot of potential and are two of the most highly rated prospects, the last two yrs. For instance, I imagine people would have been shocked if either guy fell to the 20th pick in the last two drafts.
                                Of course, that's not what happened, and I can't deny the real contributions of guys like Hood and Capela that we passed on, or that Bruno hasnt done anything yet in the NBA and has looked completely clueless at times. In fairness, Ingram has had some poor showings too and that is part of growing and learning. After all, this is a process and it is largely based on potential. In contrast, Im not sure Hood has that much more growth ahead of him and Capela (imo) was hard to evaluate bc i think that is the case with a lot of European players. For example, most teams missed on Jokic in that draft as well.
                                In short, I understand that people doubt Bruno bc he hasnt proven anything on an NBA court to-date but neither has Issac or Ingram yet, but neither player is considered a "joke". I think Bruno has as much chance to contribute the same level of production as Hood, as either of those two prospects and we didnt use a top 6 pick on him for that opportunity. To me, the trouble is when we expect any of those prospects to become the next Giannis or Durant. Those are very lofty expectations and I wouldnt place them on any of those three prospects; indeed, the odds are greatly stacked against them. To be fair, no one really expected Giannis to become Giannis either (I suppose the Bucks and a few others did, to some degree).
                                How do you guys feel that Bruno comps to Issac? Or perhaps you have another comp in mind (and please dont say giant inflatable man, outside of a used car lot)?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X