No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only if Bruno was somewhat comparable to Giannis in terms of athleticism T_T

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
      only if Bruno was somewhat comparable to Giannis in terms of athleticism T_T
      Bruno might not be as fast, but he's the better shooter & could very well be the better defender when their careers are over.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        He looked improved in the D League. I don't think he'll be a regular but he may get a little more than garbage minutes next season. Who knows. And hey you may be right, he may never get good enough but I'm just trying to be positive here lol

Again, you think he's NBA ready because of watching some of those clips. DLeague is not the NBA.

I'm Mr. Positive in this forum. I don't have much positive thing to say about Bruno tho. He's not an NBA player.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Again, you think he's NBA ready because of watching some of those clips. DLeague is not the NBA.

I'm Mr. Positive in this forum. I don't have much positive thing to say about Bruno tho. He's not an NBA player.
          Well I kind of have to make my opinion based off of the D League because that's the only place he's gotten steady minutes so far. If he gets spot minutes this season we can truly judge. I think we all know the NBA is a different animal but we can hold out hope that he will figure it out in the NBA when he starts getting real minutes and is allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. That probably won't be this season but his time is coming to at least SEE what he may be able to do. If we don't even give him a chance then what was the point. I doubt they give up on him until they give him a legitimate chance.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• His real chance comes in the pre-season this year. It's going to be him vs Siakam for the backup PF spot to Ibaka & that much is very obvious. Whoever proved himself more in those games will win that spot, and I have a sense Bruno knows it. Siakam is as much as a loose cannon when compared to Bruno & that's something people can't deny.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Look nobody is saying he is going for sure be an NBA player and you may be right that he is not but he did some things well enough in the D- league in the championship game no less that are worth a look on the NBA court on a higher level especially considering he is improving. If he wasn't improving then Masai would have let him walk a long time ago, I think he has better assessment of Bruno then anyone here.

If Bruno is ready to make the jump, he will be in a limited role that would either expend or contract based on his performance so i don't see any problem with it.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                His real chance comes in the pre-season this year. It's going to be him vs Siakam for the backup PF spot to Ibaka & that much is very obvious. Whoever proved himself more in those games will win that spot, and I have a sense Bruno knows it. Siakam is as much as a loose cannon when compared to Bruno & that's something people can't deny.
                Siakam played 850 minutes in the NBA last season as a rookie. Bruno has played 100 minutes in three years combined. Siakam was also a much more dominant force in the D League last year. It would be a pretty big upset if Bruno manages to hop over him in the rotation coming out of training camp.

Comment

• Casey be like: "It's hard to develop young talent and win at the same time. Our goal is to win." Then proceeds to start Carroll
                  Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Jul 24, 2017, 08:29 PM.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TRex is right though. Jarnell Stokes was D-league MVP and Finals MVP and he got waived by NBA team. It's hard to judge how Dleague talent translates to NBA
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Did any one see the last game of the regular season against the cavs? Bruno played 17 minutes, defended Richard Jefferson, and looked comfortable doing so.

Sure it was a glorified practice session but he looked like an NBA player practicing against other NBA players.

Comment

• All we will be asking Bruno to do is play defence and catch and shoot. He definitely improved defensively and with his length he'll be fine. People are acting like we are asking Bruno to run a team and be the star on the team lol. He'll literally get like 5-10 minutes a game to see what he can do. Like it really isn't that serious. If he proves he's still not ready then on to the next. It doesn't hurt us either way. But what it does do is give him an opportunity to prove himself and for us to be able to evaluate him more. Jeez. Bruno is never going to grow and become an NBA player by just working out and playing in the D League. He's got to get some minutes at some point. Shoot me for wanting to be positive and hope he proves himself. Shoot me for thinking he can at some point be a decent bench player on a team. The man is still only 21 and barely played ball before he got into the league. I think it's a bit early to just give up on him and say with certainty that he will never be anything. But to each his own. We'll agree to disagree. It can truly go either way with Bruno.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          His real chance comes in the pre-season this year. It's going to be him vs Siakam for the backup PF spot to Ibaka & that much is very obvious. Whoever proved himself more in those games will win that spot, and I have a sense Bruno knows it. Siakam is as much as a loose cannon when compared to Bruno & that's something people can't deny.
                          Siakam vs Bruno? that's a no contest. C'mon man.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If Bruno has a chance it will be when size is needed behind Powell + Miles, he may lose that chance later in the season when OG is healthy + up to speed.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Imo, Bruno absolutely needs to get 10-15 real minutes a game at the beginning of the season. This is not because I necessarily believe he's rotation ready/deserving, but because that's the only way to really find out.

He's 21, with years of D-league experience, and an NBA-ready body. That's more than a lot of average rookies coming in and getting real minutes right out of the gates. With Tucker, Patterson & Carroll gone, that's the perfect time for it.

I'm not saying throw him to the wolves on key games like late season Boston or Washington or whatever, but have him be out there early in the season on real non-garbage time against middle of the road teams like Hornets, Heat etc, when the team needs defence and good spacing and see what he can do. From there, he will either earn it, or fall back behind the other youngsters.

Point being, that's the only way to find out. There's nowhere to go with his development other than real minutes. It's been fun speculating/hoping on what Bruno can be, but it's getting old. Enough dicking around. Both player and team need to find out what they can do for each other. Having rookie-class after rookie-class leapfrog him in minutes can't be good for the guy's psyche either. Time to find out, for better or worse

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                                Imo, Bruno absolutely needs to get 10-15 real minutes a game at the beginning of the season. This is not because I necessarily believe he's rotation ready/deserving, but because that's the only way to really find out.

He's 21, with years of D-league experience, and an NBA-ready body. That's more than a lot of average rookies coming in and getting real minutes right out of the gates. With Tucker, Patterson & Carroll gone, that's the perfect time for it.

I'm not saying throw him to the wolves on key games like late season Boston or Washington or whatever, but have him be out there early in the season on real non-garbage time against middle of the road teams like Hornets, Heat etc, when the team needs defence and good spacing and see what he can do. From there, he will either earn it, or fall back behind the other youngsters.

Point being, that's the only way to find out. There's nowhere to go with his development other than real minutes. It's been fun speculating/hoping on what Bruno can be, but it's getting old. Enough dicking around. Both player and team need to find out what they can do for each other. Having rookie-class after rookie-class leapfrog him in minutes can't be good for the guy's psyche either. Time to find out, for better or worse
                                Yup, the 10th man in the rotation (ie 10-15 min) is wide open and pretty much needs to be a 3/4 anyway. Bruno should hopefully get first kick at the can, given that he knows the teammates, system, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X