Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • grindhouse wrote: View Post
    MU fucked up that pick bad. How much money have they spent on d league and the kid hasn't got better
    Not sure why you'd think that. He's come leaps and bounds since in some aspects of his game since he was drafted.

    Comment


    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Not sure why you'd think that. He's come leaps and bounds since in some aspects of his game since he was drafted.
      You mean he got bigger? i'd give you that.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • Bigger and better, pretty obviously to those paying attention. The big question is has he gotten better enough (to be the 10th man in the rotation this year).
        Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Thu Aug 24th, 2017, 04:39 PM.

        Comment


        • He's almost a 13th man now. WOOOHOOOOOOO

          Comment


          • Superjudge wrote: View Post
            He's almost a 13th man now. WOOOHOOOOOOO
            13th man on Raptors 905?

            Comment


            • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Bigger and better, pretty obviously to those paying attention. The big question is has he gotten better enough (to be the 10th man in the rotation this year).
              I don't think it's 'obvious' lol. In fact, if you're actually paying attention, the guy hasn't gotten any better.
              Mamba Mentality

              Comment


              • TRex wrote: View Post
                I don't think it's 'obvious' lol. In fact, if you're actually paying attention, the guy hasn't gotten any better.
                I think it would be virtually impossible to train at an NBA level from ages 18 to 21 and practice against NBA players, have a strict diet, meal plan, personal trainers, NBA competition and nearly every possible advantage and not get "any better."
                He started playing hoops at age 13. So that's like 5 years 3rd world ball, 3 years pro ball.

                He might not ever reach his projected potential. But it is incredibly unfair to say that he hasn't improved at all.

                He's had big nights in the d-league. Some college players never put up numbers that he has.

                It's also understandable to be optimistic, he's still very young, and his measurables are freakish.

                Comment


                • TRex wrote: View Post
                  I don't think it's 'obvious' lol. In fact, if you're actually paying attention, the guy hasn't gotten any better.
                  Even you should be able to admit that the kid that Masai drafted was not capable of playing like he did in the G-league finals last season or like he did in his last game for Brazil. Plus it's almost impossible not to improve with 3 years of NBA practice and training.

                  Has he improved as much as you or I would like? That's a different story.

                  Comment


                  • c-troop wrote: View Post
                    I think it would be virtually impossible to train at an NBA level from ages 18 to 21 and practice against NBA players, have a strict diet, meal plan, personal trainers, NBA competition and nearly every possible advantage and not get "any better."
                    He started playing hoops at age 13. So that's like 5 years 3rd world ball, 3 years pro ball.

                    He might not ever reach his projected potential. But it is incredibly unfair to say that he hasn't improved at all.

                    He's had big nights in the d-league. Some college players never put up numbers that he has.

                    It's also understandable to be optimistic, he's still very young, and his measurables are freakish.
                    Giannis started at age 13. Embiid started at age 15. Olajuwon started at age 17. Some guys just never get the feel for the game. Even top picks like Tyrus Thomas & Thabeet, who are way better athletes.

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post
                      Giannis started at age 13. Embiid started at age 15. Olajuwon started at age 17. Some guys just never get the feel for the game. Even top picks like Tyrus Thomas & Thabeet, who are way better athletes.
                      If you're dropping 31 points against the d-leagues best team, do you have zero feel for the game?

                      I'm not taking anything away from those incredibly gifted superstars you listed. They are just that. Incredibly gifted superstars.

                      Is Bruno a superstar? Maybe, maybe not, still up for debate.

                      It annoys me a little that you'll split hairs like this... is Bruno, Giannis? no

                      But many on this forum won't settle for anything less than Giannis, and when they find out he isn't Giannis they throw the baby out with the bath water. It's kinda wack. But he's a cheap experiment, and it's interesting to see what happens next.
                      Has he improved? I'm confident he has.
                      Last edited by c-troop; Thu Aug 24th, 2017, 05:58 PM.

                      Comment


                      • This "argument" that Bruno hasn't improved is reminiscent of when some claimed that DeMar hadn't, except with Bruno we have far less data to go on.

                        Comment


                        • golden wrote: View Post
                          Giannis started at age 13. Embiid started at age 15. Olajuwon started at age 17. Some guys just never get the feel for the game. Even top picks like Tyrus Thomas & Thabeet, who are way better athletes.
                          Thabeet was a good athlete? News to me.

                          Comment


                          • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            This "argument" that Bruno hasn't improved is reminiscent of when some claimed that DeMar hadn't, except with Bruno we have far less data to go on.
                            Oh god. Can you stop putting that bum in the same sentence as DeRozan?

                            DeRozan was the PAC-10 tournament MVP as a FRESHMAN. As an 18 year old. I don't know how old Bruno is now, i'm guessing 22. Put him on this current USC team now and i don't think he'd get any playing time. Guaranteed.

                            Next season is going to Bruno's 4th year. And I still don't see any improvement. The guy still plays like an idiot.
                            Mamba Mentality

                            Comment


                            • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Thabeet was a good athlete? News to me.
                              And you think Bruno is a good athlete? he's got long arms. But that's it lol.
                              Mamba Mentality

                              Comment


                              • Thabeet was a stiff. Bruno is a virtual-7footer that can play on the perimeter. Athletically it's not even close.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X