Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian wrote: View Post
    I think people are just ready to let go. This is his 4th year. He's already "earned" $4.5M.

And, we have some interesting dudes in training camp this year who are more deserving of a roster spot than he is.
    This. It's not about Bruno anymore. There are other guys who stand a far better chance of panning out at the end of the roster. There's no need to force feed Bruno any more minutes at this point.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

I would agree with you two years ago. From a purely project-based standpoint, no one in their right mind would sign-off on a business case to keep a project going when you have invested $4.5M over 3 years and still have nothing to show for it. Doesn't matter if your budget is $100M, time to fire the contractor and put out an RFP for an external consultant and start over.
      How about this? From a project standpoint, say you've sunk 4.5M over the past three years with nothing to show for it, and have already paid another 2.5M for the upcoming year. Do you see whether that 2.5M pays off, or do you scrap the project, with the actual cost of it already paid, knowing that you don't have the money to start a replacement project anyway?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        How about this? From a project standpoint, say you've sunk 4.5M over the past three years with nothing to show for it, and have already paid another 2.5M for the upcoming year. Do you see whether that 2.5M pays off, or do you scrap the project, with the actual cost of it already paid, knowing that you don't have the money to start a replacement project anyway?
        He can sit on the end of the bench if it makes the expense of his salary and the investment more palatable. But he shouldn't be taking minutes from better players. You accept your loss and move on. It was a worthwhile gamble, but you can't honestly say you see a rotation player in this guy within the next six to twelve months, can you?
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
          He can sit on the end of the bench if it makes the expense of his salary and the investment more palatable. But he shouldn't be taking minutes from better players. You accept your loss and move on. It was a worthwhile gamble, but you can't honestly say you see a rotation player in this guy within the next six to twelve months, can you?
          When did he take minutes from better players?
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I don't think Bruno taking minutes from more deserving players is going to be a problem.....You can tell the front office is high on OG from all the training camp talk (and from accounts of people I respect he's looked quite good) and with Powell/Miles/Derozan/Wright/Lowry/FVV taking up all the perimeter minutes I don't see where Bruno plays at all.

They're obviously going to give him lots of run in pre-season cause he's a first round pick and they've got a lot sunk into him but they aren't going to kneecap themselves over him.

Comment

Why would anyone be advocating for a player to take minutes from better players? Has anyone advocated for such a thing?

You stick to the plan. If he makes the roster with his play, great. If he doesn't, you develop him with the 905 and see if he can contribute if a spot opens up for him due to injury later on in the season.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Why would anyone be advocating for a player to take minutes from better players? Has anyone advocated for such a thing?

You stick to the plan. If he makes the roster with his play, great. If he doesn't, you develop him with the 905 and see if he can contribute if a spot opens up for him due to injury later on in the season.
                Fair enough. You still see possibility there. I don't, so I'd prefer he not take ANY minutes, even in preseason, from players who may actually contribute at some point.

Comment

G1: 100% pure garbage.
                  G2: 100% pure garbage.

Shall we try another game? LOL
                  Year 1: 100% pure garbage
                  Year 2: 100% pure garbage
                  Year 3: 100% pure garbage

Yet some people expect Year 4 to turn out any different...

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    Year 1: 100% pure garbage
                    Year 2: 100% pure garbage
                    Year 3: 100% pure garbage

Yet some people expect Year 4 to turn out any different...
                    Yep some people do.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I'm not sure what anyone expected. The guy has 106 minutes of NBA experience. That's three games.

For all intents and purposes he's a rookie at this level.

I have never held out a lot of hope for the guy but if you did have hope for him I wouldn't use two preseason games as a measure of his ability. You should probably wait and see how he fares through a full season at this level.

This is his last year of being two years away from being two years away, after all.

Comment

• People need to chill we took him 20th. Not first overall.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          I'm not sure what anyone expected. The guy has 106 minutes of NBA experience. That's three games.

For all intents and purposes he's a rookie at this level.

I have never held out a lot of hope for the guy but if you did have hope for him I wouldn't use two preseason games as a measure of his ability. You should probably wait and see how he fares through a full season at this level.

This is his last year of being two years away from being two years away, after all.
                          It's not really about 2 preseason games. They've just confirmed what we have seen for the past 3 years. Not much improvement at all in the areas where he really struggles. Same "potential" we saw when he was drafted. I'm not down on the guy or the decision to draft him. It just doesn't look like he will ever be a serviceable NBA rotation player, is all, and this team is competitive now, and should concentrate on players who do look like they could help at some point. I would like nothing more than to see him develop a knockdown 3 and some on-court IQ, but given 3 years of extensive coaching and PT in the D league, I'd expect to see more than what he's shown.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            People need to chill we took him 20th. Not first overall.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            If people took your advice on when we're allowed to be critical of the organization wed never be allowed to say anything. Ever.

So no people don't need to chill, people need to keep adding to discussions with opinions more diverse than "casey is always right cause he's a coach and you're not"
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              If people took your advice on when we're allowed to be critical of the organization wed never be allowed to say anything. Ever.

So no people don't need to chill, people need to keep adding to discussions with opinions more diverse than "casey is always right cause he's a coach and you're not"
                              Preach. The same goes for Masai and MLSE.

Comment

• Meh He didn't do much but he looked more natural in his role on the perimeter - coming well out to receive the ball, using his dribble if need be, making the pass - and he had a couple decent assists inside and some defensive stands.

Honestly the biggest problem with Bruno is his perimeter passing against pressure. You saw the errant pass to KJ and the difficulty inbounding the ball. This makes him a turnover waiting to happen and may keep him off the court, unless he can turn it around in a hurry.

Comment

Working...
                                X