Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Uhhh, MCW, Bayless, and...Kendall Marshall? Sorry, I get your point but cmon ��

    Comment


    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Uhhh, MCW, Bayless, and...Kendall Marshall? Sorry, I get your point but cmon ��
      MCW was what Milwaukee considered to be their big get in that trade, and Bayless was/is an established, solid, backup PG. Milwaukee valued MCW over Ennis because MCW was the previous ROY, and you can ask Delon Wright how many minutes you get when the first two PGs on the roster are A) the guy they think can be special and B) the veteran who knows what he's doing.

      Forget Marshall though because he went to Phoenix in that trade rather than the other way around.

      Comment


      • magoon wrote: View Post
        There probably isn't a player from the 2014 class who's been as shortchanged as Tyler Ennis by NBA teams:

        1. Gets drafted by Phoenix, who already had Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic and Isaiah Thomas on their roster at point.

        2. Gets traded to Milwaukee, where he becomes fourth point guard on the roster behind Michael Carter-Williams, Jerryd Bayless and Kendall Marshall.

        3. Gets traded to Houston, where he becomes fourth point guard on the roster behind James Harden, Patrick Beverley and Isaiah Taylor.

        4. Gets traded to the Lakers, where he finally gets to be third point guard on the roster behind D'Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson. And then the Lakers draft Lonzo Ball.

        During this time he's turned himself into a .380 three-point shooter (and shooting was his biggest liability when he was drafted). He's still a good defender and a smart passer. He's just had really, really few opportunities to prove himself, and if for some reason we suddenly have a hole at backup point guard I would target the fuck out of him.
        Wait isn't he the backup on the Lakers now? I swear Jordan Clarkson mostly plays the 2 for them and they traded D'Angelo. So only Lonzo is ahead of him.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

        Comment


        • magoon wrote: View Post
          There probably isn't a player from the 2014 class who's been as shortchanged as Tyler Ennis by NBA teams:

          1. Gets drafted by Phoenix, who already had Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic and Isaiah Thomas on their roster at point.

          2. Gets traded to Milwaukee, where he becomes fourth point guard on the roster behind Michael Carter-Williams, Jerryd Bayless and Kendall Marshall.

          3. Gets traded to Houston, where he becomes fourth point guard on the roster behind James Harden, Patrick Beverley and Isaiah Taylor.

          4. Gets traded to the Lakers, where he finally gets to be third point guard on the roster behind D'Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson. And then the Lakers draft Lonzo Ball.

          During this time he's turned himself into a .380 three-point shooter (and shooting was his biggest liability when he was drafted). He's still a good defender and a smart passer. He's just had really, really few opportunities to prove himself, and if for some reason we suddenly have a hole at backup point guard I would target the fuck out of him.
          If only this happened to Bruno. Like step 2. Traded. To me that's the big difference maker. We have hung on to Bruno like as if there was a reason to. There was never a reason to. Thank god for teams like Phoenix, Milwaukee, Houston -- teams who quickly realize a player isn't going to be that good.
          your pal,
          ebrian

          Comment


          • ebrian wrote: View Post
            If only this happened to Bruno. Like step 2. Traded. To me that's the big difference maker. We have hung on to Bruno like as if there was a reason to. There was never a reason to. Thank god for teams like Phoenix, Milwaukee, Houston -- teams who quickly realize a player isn't going to be that good.
            Average to below average PG's are clearly a dime a dozen these days. There's a difference.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

            Comment


            • I'm still liking Bruno's action on D. He was playing the 4 there but switching well on the perimeter. Will be interesting to see how much he "chooses" to go the G this year.

              I'd remind everyone that Masai's 2 years from 2 line does imply developing a player for the entirety of their rookie contract (and then perhaps signing them on the cheap).

              I might contend that the only way the Raps truly contend anytime in the next decade is if Bruno AND OG (and the developmental coaching/training staff) fulfill their promise.

              Comment


              • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                I might contend that the only way the Raps truly contend anytime in the next decade is if Bruno AND OG (and the developmental coaching/training staff) fulfill their promise.
                Holy shit. Might as well fold the team.

                The guy doesn't fucking know how to play basketball, plus his bball IQ is WAY BELOW average, and you're out here talkin like the only way the Raps can contend is if he somehow develops into something? this is his 4th year in the NBA and he hasn't improved one bit. He's a shitty shitty basketball player. Worst I've ever seen. I don't think he's even good enough to get rotation mins in China. That's how bad he is.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • +1 if someone sounds jealous.

                  Comment


                  • Bruno's preseason line tells it all.

                    56 min (4 GP 1 GS)
                    2/13 from 3
                    3/17 overall
                    0 FTM
                    8 (1/7) Rebounds
                    1 AST 2 STL 1 BLK
                    7 TO

                    Comment


                    • Alex91 wrote: View Post
                      Bruno's preseason line tells it all.

                      56 min (4 GP 1 GS)
                      2/13 from 3
                      3/17 overall
                      0 FTM
                      8 (1/7) Rebounds
                      1 AST 2 STL 1 BLK
                      7 TO
                      Sweet Jesus. Same amount of TOs as field goals, assists, steals, and blocks combined.

                      Comment


                      • Are we still talking about this guy.

                        Ship him out.

                        Dude is not a NBA player.
                        You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

                        When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


                        Comment


                        • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          I'm still liking Bruno's action on D. He was playing the 4 there but switching well on the perimeter. Will be interesting to see how much he "chooses" to go the G this year.

                          I'd remind everyone that Masai's 2 years from 2 line does imply developing a player for the entirety of their rookie contract (and then perhaps signing them on the cheap).

                          I might contend that the only way the Raps truly contend anytime in the next decade is if Bruno AND OG (and the developmental coaching/training staff) fulfill their promise.
                          You are entitled to your opinion but god help us if you ever apply to be a scout, no offense.

                          OG tho is just fine so I take it back, lol.

                          But please no Bruno.
                          You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

                          When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


                          Comment


                          • Alex91 wrote: View Post
                            Bruno's preseason line tells it all.

                            56 min (4 GP 1 GS)
                            2/13 from 3
                            3/17 overall
                            0 FTM
                            8 (1/7) Rebounds
                            1 AST 2 STL 1 BLK
                            7 TO
                            Remember when i said he's not a good 3pt shooter and when i said that Giannis is a better 3pt shooter than him? yeah....

                            2/13. All of his 3's were wide open too. And most did not even hit the rim.
                            Mamba Mentality

                            Comment


                            • tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Sweet Jesus. Same amount of TOs as field goals, assists, steals, and blocks combined.
                              Might be the only way the Raps can truly contend tho.
                              Mamba Mentality

                              Comment


                              • I must say I am ready to cut this guy loose. I would love to see us sign Richard Jefferson for a 1 year deal to help mentor OG and provide some solid depth on the wing. Bruno needs to go play somewhere out of the NBA light for a couple years to see if he develops.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X