Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Well you can develop a guy slowly. They don't need to throw him out there.

    And I'm not sure the Leafs are a good comparison for anything. Leafs put lots of kids that "weren't ready" and then the organization gets blamed because of the high pressure or what not....but most of those kids just aren't very good in the end. So it's more that Toronto media builds them up to where expectations are not at all realistic and then their "failures" become a story.

    Bruno couldn't stay in Brazil, it wouldn't be great for his development. He was not getting lots of minutes there because of his youth anyway, and it's a low level league. The former would be true in Europe too. Teams don't want to develop a raw kid because they want to win. You're not going to easily get a top Euro club to invest real time in him. Signing him immediately means that he'll get probably much more attention and support than he would in any "stash" situation. So it basically becomes would you rather have him as a 3rd stringer stashed somewhere or a 3rd stringer on the Raptors? Think it's gotta be the latter.
    Well put. There are also all the ancillary needs of Bruno...because of age, language, cultural change in N. America, general education (he is after all only 18). These would be better provided by being close to the Raptors including the personalized development of his basketball skills of course. I am not even sure that he has a Brazilian h.s. education.

    Comment


    • People do realize Caboclo spent a year at a prep school in the States right?
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

      Comment


      • I don't think he did, but he did play for some club one summer and got recruited to prep schools.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

        -Superjudge, 7/23

        Hope you're wrong.

        Comment


        • WJF wrote: View Post
          People do realize Caboclo spent a year at a prep school in the States right?
          I thought he refused U.S education because of language barrier.

          Comment


          • Not even a year and a half earlier, Caboclo played alongside Abdel-Ghani at Score Academy in Raleigh, N.C. The 17-year-old barely spoke any English when he arrived in January of 2013,

            Good story from CBS http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...boclo-got-here
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

            Comment


            • http://scoreacademy.com/basketball/

              I can't tell if that's a school or a basketball program, sounds like the latter but I'm not 100% sure

              ok sounds just like a training facility/club:

              http://scoreacademy.com/about-us/
              Last edited by stooley; Wed Jul 9th, 2014, 07:08 PM.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

              -Superjudge, 7/23

              Hope you're wrong.

              Comment


              • stooley wrote: View Post
                http://scoreacademy.com/basketball/

                I can't tell if that's a school or a basketball program, sounds like the latter but I'm not 100% sure

                ok sounds just like a training facility/club:

                http://scoreacademy.com/about-us/
                It is a Prep School, like Huntington, Findlay, etc.
                http://scoreacademy.com/basketball/
                Last edited by WJF; Wed Jul 9th, 2014, 07:13 PM.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                Comment


                • WJF wrote: View Post
                  It is a Prep School, like Huntington, Findlay, etc.
                  how do you know that? I can't find a single thing about it being a school anywhere, and the article makes it sound like Bruno was recruited to other prep schools while he played at Score but turned those down because he couldn't speak English well enough

                  edit:

                  oh here, they offer classes through partner schools for english speakers and partner esl classes for foreign students, its not reaaallllly a prep school. it's a straight up basketball program since those classes cost extra fees, you don't have to do them it sounds like

                  http://scoreacademy.com/about-us/
                  Last edited by stooley; Wed Jul 9th, 2014, 07:16 PM.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

                  -Superjudge, 7/23

                  Hope you're wrong.

                  Comment


                  • Word on twitter is that Bruno is shitting on the Sacramento Kings in a scrimmage
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                    Comment


                    • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Word on twitter is that Bruno is shitting on the Sacramento Kings in a scrimmage
                      i thought it was just a three pointer lool that's what Wolstat said
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                      Comment


                      • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Word on twitter is that Bruno is shitting on the Sacramento Kings in a scrimmage
                        Source? even a sketchy one would be good.

                        Comment


                        • blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          Source? even a sketchy one would be good.
                          check myspace

                          Comment


                          • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Word on twitter is that Bruno is shitting on the Sacramento Kings in a scrimmage
                            in a good way?

                            Comment


                            • rocwell wrote: View Post
                              check myspace
                              Myspace still exists??
                              Mamba Mentality

                              Comment


                              • TRex wrote: View Post
                                Myspace still exists??
                                Can I search for it on Alta vista

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X