Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    In terms of build and athleticism, my closest comparison is a slightly quicker Jonathan Bender.
    So an average NBA athlete is what you are saying.

    Comment


    • Hotshot wrote: View Post
      So an average NBA athlete is what you are saying.
      Hahaha that Jonathan Bender trade might've been the organizations greatest trade ever.

      Comment


      • Hotshot wrote: View Post
        So an average NBA athlete is what you are saying.
        Could be, but it's hard to say.

        Regardless, given his body type, wingspan, shooting ability for his height, and reputed work ethic, athleticism won't be the key to whatever success he might have. If he becomes good, he'll be an atypical player - like what some were projecting for Bender.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

        Comment


        • Bruno is a super athletic dude, just not in the way the term is generally used to refer to NBA players. By that I mean he doesn't seem to have the 'out of the building' hops that someone like Lavine has. His hops are decent though, he made that between the leg dunk look pretty easy.

          But he does have quite a few unique advantages:

          He looks very quick laterally, especially for a guy his size.

          He's got a crazy long wingspan, which should make up for any lack of hops and give further advantages, like covering more ground in a defensive position, being able to reach into passing lanes and having an exceptionally high release for his jump-shot.

          Outside of those obvious athletic advantages, I like:

          I think for a guy with his level of experience, he's shown pretty good shooting touch.

          From the very little we can know, I love his attitude so far.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

          -Superjudge, 7/23

          Hope you're wrong.

          Comment


          • I'm totally into the Bruno draft, and looking forward to seeing him play in Toronto. However is he really more athletic than Kyle Anderson?

            Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

            Comment




            • if he becomes Tayshaun Prince then it was a solid draft. Prince was a 23rd pick in a draft. Bruno is 20th. Athleticism wise they are close. Bruno is not Giannis but who are? Comparisons started because they both international, came out of nowhere, drafted late in first round. Giannis is one of his kind. 6'11 dude running like a guard. Grab a rebound go coast to coast. Not many can do that.
              Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Aug 6, 2014, 01:56 PM.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • Quirk wrote: View Post
                I'm totally into the Bruno draft, and looking forward to seeing him play in Toronto. However is he really more athletic than Kyle Anderson?

                Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
                I can't tell whether or not this sarcasm.

                I hope it is?
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

                -Superjudge, 7/23

                Hope you're wrong.

                Comment


                • Quirk wrote: View Post
                  I'm totally into the Bruno draft, and looking forward to seeing him play in Toronto. However is he really more athletic than Kyle Anderson?

                  Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
                  Anything is more atheltic than Kyle Anderson. He makes Jose look like lightning

                  Comment


                  • Quirk wrote: View Post
                    I'm totally into the Bruno draft, and looking forward to seeing him play in Toronto. However is he really more athletic than Kyle Anderson?

                    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
                    I thought you are blindfolded just in your profile pic....

                    Comment


                    • Tayshawn Prince is a good comparison
                      @Chr1st1anL

                      Comment


                      • He doesn't get much lift but his length makes up for it.
                        @Chr1st1anL

                        Comment


                        • MixxAOR wrote: View Post


                          if he becomes Tayshaun Prince then it was a solid draft. Prince was a 23rd pick in a draft. Bruno is 20th. Athleticism wise they are close. Bruno is not Giannis but who are? Comparisons started because they both international, came out of nowhere, drafted late in first round. Giannis is one of his kind. 6'11 dude running like a guard. Grab a rebound go coast to coast. Not many can do that.

                          Bruno's got good handles from what I've seen. What's to say that he won't be able to go coast to coast either?

                          But if he does become a Tayshaun Prince, I would be happy. It would be even better if he shattered expectations like a (rookie) Landry Fields or Chandler Parsons, but I will keep my hopes realistic.
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

                          Comment


                          • YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                            Bruno's got good handles from what I've seen. What's to say that he won't be able to go coast to coast either?

                            But if he does become a Tayshaun Prince, I would be happy. It would be even better if he shattered expectations like a (rookie) Landry Fields or Chandler Parsons, but I will keep my hopes realistic.
                            Those two players where 21-22 year old going into their rookie year. Bruno is still 18 years old. That's a huge difference.
                            @Chr1st1anL

                            Comment


                            • Any word on whether Bruno will play this season or be sent down to D-League?

                              Comment


                              • Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Any word on whether Bruno will play this season or be sent down to D-League?
                                No official word, but since the draft the concept has seemed to be that he will go back and forth between sitting on the bench and getting practice time with the team, and playing in the D-league.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X