Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Two years away from being two years away my ass

Only thing going to hold him back is a lack of playing time.

He should be fifth wing off the bench:
    Ross
    Dd
    Lou
    JJ
    Bruno
    For real, not sure how on earth he's 4 years away from being anything. I'm already loving his defense. He can actually afford to cheat off his man pretty far, because his long arms allow him to recover and contest shots so quickly and easily. This guy has lockdown defensive potential.

He doesn't look any more raw than Giannis to me.

Comment

• I think the key for him is he needs to add strength. He was getting caught on screens a lot simply due to a lack of physicality, but that's something that can be improved upon.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Kid scored 6 points and showed how useful his wingspan is against the Knicks bench. His still very raw. Couldn't dribble without turning it over. Lets relax guys. Im not hating just being objective. D League will be great for me.
        When did Novak dribble?

He is an active defender who has ability to stretch the floor.

We're talking 10 mins per game on average with some games he is unlikely to play at all.

You're not hating and you're not being objective, you're being close minded to a situation that is changing. Kid is better than anyone thought, give him some time ahead of players like Fields or Hamilton. When circumstances change you have to change with them.

Comment

When did Novak dribble?

He is an active defender who has ability to stretch the floor.

We're talking 10 mins per game on average with some games he is unlikely to play at all.

You're not hating and you're not being objective, you're being close minded to a situation that is changing. Kid is better than anyone thought, give him some time ahead of players like Fields or Hamilton. When circumstances change you have to change with them.
          Your not a very good coach if you decide to change up your line up cause one guy had a decent half against fringe NBA players. That's just overreacting. Its preseason man.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
            I think the key for him is he needs to add strength. He was getting caught on screens a lot simply due to a lack of physicality, but that's something that can be improved upon.
            Agreed he shys away from contact
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Your not a very good coach if you decide to change up your line up cause one guy had a decent half against fringe NBA players. That's just overreacting. Its preseason man.
              Riiiiight.

It is all about this one game.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. You're willing to sit through four years and nearly 10k mins of developing DeRozan yet when it comes to JV he deserves no more than 20 mins and bruno shouldn't get off bench? Too funny.

Just so we're clear: I'm talking on average 10 mins per game and 5th off bench. That is hardly overreacting to a promising prospect who has shown two very valuable skills: shooting and defense.
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Oct 14, 2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Riiiiight.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. You're willing to sit through four years and nearly 10k mins of developing DeRozan yet when it comes to JV he deserves no more than 20 mins and bruno shouldn't get off bench? Too funny.
                Not everybody develops the same way. I'll say it again were not a bad team anymore. We just can't drop kids in there just for the case of developing. Its about winning games now. Casey seems to be doing a great job developing talent. Let him keep doing a good job.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Talent is developing in spite of Casey.

Kudos to Colangelo on drafting and hopefully Ujiri too.

Comment

Riiiiight.

Just so we're clear: I'm talking on average 10 mins per game and 5th off bench. That is hardly overreacting to a promising prospect who has shown two very valuable skills: shooting and defense.
                    On average is assuming that some games he plays even more than 10 minutes. He could play 2 minutes one night and then 18 the other and that would be a 10 minute average. And 17 minutes would be a bit too much in my opinion but I do agree he should get some meaningful burn sometimes this season.
                    Play him for extended minutes against teams like Philly. Put him out there with the starting unit and see what happens.
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      On average is assuming that some games he plays even more than 10 minutes. He could play 2 minutes one night and then 18 the other and that would be a 10 minute average. And 17 minutes would be a bit too much in my opinion but I do agree he should get some meaningful burn sometimes this season.
                      Play him for extended minutes against teams like Philly. Put him out there with the starting unit and see what happens.
                      That is why I underlined.

Some game match ups aren't going to favour putting him in, some game situations aren't going to warrant it. Late in season and definitely in playoffs rotation going to get tight.

I'm talking Novak minutes here to put it in perspective.

Comment

Not everybody develops the same way. I'll say it again were not a bad team anymore. We just can't drop kids in there just for the case of developing. Its about winning games now. Casey seems to be doing a great job developing talent. Let him keep doing a good job.
                        Bruno has time to develop three years from now he will physically to develop, maybe 20 lbs of muscle. Physically , look like JJ, but hopefully , the ability to develop the rudimentary and evolving SF fundamentals combined with his inherent skills.

His wingspan is evident, and his desire to achieve is admirable. Time will tell.

Comment

• Depth chart 2016-2017:

Valanciunas/???/Nogueira
                          Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough
                          Caboclo/Johnson
                          DeRozan/Ross
                          Lowry/Vasquez

Comment

That is why I underlined.

Some game match ups aren't going to favour putting him in, some game situations aren't going to warrant it. Late in season and definitely in playoffs rotation going to get tight.

I'm talking Novak minutes here to put it in perspective.
                            I don't know about Novak minutes, because Novak's minutes were fairly consistent, even if they were for mostly emergency (bad foul trouble, injuries) reasons. Still expect Casey to be more reluctant with Bruno because of age/inexperience.

However I do think that he may be playing himself up the depth chart, and that he may just have cracked into earning a similar "emergency" type role. I think most of us would agree that Bruno was the obvious 15th man on this roster. It's already very encouraging that he's shown enough that it's conceivable he's moved up the depth chart, and that we can debate whether he could see non-garbage minutes.

I do think us trying to be an even more successful team this year hurts his chances though, and I also honestly think his skinny frame does as well. Except for when our opponent is going small, don't think there's any way Casey would put him in against any PF in the league. Way too skinny for that at this point....but he may have moved ahead of Fields at the wing, and may be a replacement sometimes for JJ when the guy's acting dumb out on the court.

Comment

• Durant has done pretty well for a skinny guy and probably would have had foot troubles sooner if he was 20 pounds heavier.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                I don't know about Novak minutes, because Novak's minutes were fairly consistent, even if they were for mostly emergency (bad foul trouble, injuries) reasons. Still expect Casey to be more reluctant with Bruno because of age/inexperience.

However I do think that he may be playing himself up the depth chart, and that he may just have cracked into earning a similar "emergency" type role. I think most of us would agree that Bruno was the obvious 15th man on this roster. It's already very encouraging that he's shown enough that it's conceivable he's moved up the depth chart, and that we can debate whether he could see non-garbage minutes.

I do think us trying to be an even more successful team this year hurts his chances though, and I also honestly think his skinny frame does as well. Except for when our opponent is going small, don't think there's any way Casey would put him in against any PF in the league. Way too skinny for that at this point....but he may have moved ahead of Fields at the wing, and may be a replacement sometimes for JJ when the guy's acting dumb out on the court.
                                I don't think people realize how little and infrequent Novak played. Here is his game log:
                                http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...14/steve-novak

I realize to expect Casey to be reluctant (putting it kindly) with Bruno because of age/inexperience. However that reason alone is bullsh!t. Always has been, always will be when a guy has talent and can contribute (shooter/floor spacer, wreak havoc in small doses on defense).

His skinny frame means little. He is not asked to start. He is spot minutes. He is also not a PF nor will he ever be. His skill set is going to have him a wing.

Your last sentence is key and my point. He is not starting so he is behind DD and Ross. He is not ahead of Vasquez/Williams in scorer roll in guard spot. He is not ahead of JJ. Where does that put him? 5th on the depth chart ahead of Fields.... and just cut Hamilton already.

The only way he gets minutes is if there are injuries, blow outs, or foul trouble. And even if he is off, you still have Landry waiting in the 'wings' to step in if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X