No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter is coming in Canada soon. Good thing rookies have warm hats ) #RTZ #Raptors #WeTheNorth

View on Instagram

OG is our king

Comment

• my mind was getting crushed trying to decide how many minutes Caboclo will get. Thanks for reminding us what the game is about BTW, it doesn't look like Bruno' floor time in New York did anything to remove the evil bench stare...maybe a bit

Comment

• Dime Magazine wrote a little about Bruno today regarding him getting a finger on Pablo's 3-pointer:

DimeMag.com wrote:
        Sequences like this are surely what Toronto Raptors GM Masai Ujiri had in mind when he shocked the basketball world by selecting unknown Brazilian teenager Bruno Caboclo with the 20th pick of June’s draft. And though Caboclo – the youngest player in the NBA – will likely be showing off his crazy blend of length and coordination in the D-League at times this season, this play surely Raptors fans excited about the future holds for their international mystery man.

Wow.

Forget the leak-out dunk, though it does show nice basic basketball instincts. The amazing thing here is that Caboclo jumps at a basic stand-still approximately 16-feet from the basket yet still manages to deflect Pablo Prigioni’s three-point attempt. Just another benefit of a 7-7 wingspan on a 6-9 forward with perimeter skills.

Caboclo won’t be a fixture for the Raptors this season – he’s simply too green from strength, skills, and understanding perspectives. His raw tools, though, certainly suggest a player that has two-way star potential. Suffice it to say, we can’t wait to watch the kid grow over the next several seasons.

Source

Comment

• I would be overjoyed if he becomes a two way star. We need a stopper that also has good offence on the wing.

GV: Offence: Pretty good Defence: ehhhh

Lou: Offence: a little shaky, but very good when hot Defence: ehhhh, not seen too much, but he does not stand out

Fields: Offence: lol Defence: Pretty good

JJ: Offence: Questionable Defence: Usually pretty good from what I've seen

Ross: Offence: Good but not consistent Defence: Usually fairly good, got good potential there

DD: Offence: Great, except for some long 2s Defence: ehhhh... getting better

That's why we need a wing who's very good at both ends.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Dime Magazine wrote a little about Bruno today regarding him getting a finger on Pablo's 3-pointer:
            A like isn't enough.

THanks, Joey.

Great find.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Dime Magazine wrote a little about Bruno today regarding him getting a finger on Pablo's 3-pointer:
              lol i thought that meant that someone middle fingered him.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• That block on Prigioni was a poor man's version of this...

.. and I loved it.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  I would be overjoyed if he becomes a two way star. We need a stopper that also has good offence on the wing.

GV: Offence: Pretty good Defence: ehhhh

Lou: Offence: a little shaky, but very good when hot Defence: ehhhh, not seen too much, but he does not stand out

Fields: Offence: lol Defence: Pretty good

JJ: Offence: Questionable Defence: Usually pretty good from what I've seen

Ross: Offence: Good but not consistent Defence: Usually fairly good, got good potential there

DD: Offence: Great, except for some long 2s Defence: ehhhh... getting better

That's why we need a wing who's very good at both ends.
                  Bruno's defensive instincts are incredible from what I've seen in a very short amount of time. I'd already put them up there with the best on the team. His active hands, ridiculous wingspan and even more ridiculous reflexes are so much fun to watch! We've got a fun few years ahead of us guys. Buckle up!

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                    That block on Prigioni was a poor man's version of this...

.. and I loved it.
                    Oh my goodness!!!!!!

Whoever that was got absolutely embarrassed haha hahaha
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Oh my goodness!!!!!!

Whoever that was got absolutely embarrassed haha hahaha
                      It was Ronny Turiaf....trying to shoot a midrange jumper. He got exactly what he deserved...and the outcome was probably only slightly more embarrassing than it would've been had he got the shot off.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I see your point but we're talking a 64 win team with Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, and Antonio McDyess ahead of him with an aging Dale Davis and another prospect in Jason Maxiell.

Not same situation.
                        yea so basically Amir was a 5th/6th big on a championship team. Bruno is the 5th/6th wing on a playoff team. not necessarily the same but it is very similar. I dont see a way where bruno plays 60 or even 50 games this year. We might be lucky if he makes an appearance in maybe 20.
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          yea so basically Amir was a 5th/6th big on a championship team. Bruno is the 5th/6th wing on a playoff team. not necessarily the same but it is very similar. I dont see a way where bruno plays 60 or even 50 games this year. We might be lucky if he makes an appearance in maybe 20.
                          Amir was the 6th big - and arguably the 7th considering Darko was there until mid February.

But to your point about 20 games, then that is a coaching issue and I hope Ujiri puts Casey in his place - hypothetically speaking of course.

No way the team doesn't have a wing injured this year.
                          NO way the team is not on either end of blowouts.
                          No way Fields - who I like - should be on the floor before Bruno.
                          No way there is not a matchup where Bruno's skills can be an asset.

I'm hoping for the over on the 50 game mark.

Comment

Amir was the 6th big - and arguably the 7th considering Darko was there until mid February.

But to your point about 20 games, then that is a coaching issue and I hope Ujiri puts Casey in his place - hypothetically speaking of course.

I could sauce more arguments your way but neither of us are gonna budge on our opinion. So...

You down to make a wager on how many games Bruno plays this year. I say he dont play in more than 21 games this season.
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I just think you need to temper your expectations....I mean, what were you thinking a couple of weeks ago? Would you have ever thought he should be playing over 50 games?

Now, after 2 decent showings in terrible, structureless, garbage preseason basketball, he's bound to get at least that and anything less is mishandling his development?

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                I could sauce more arguments your way but neither of us are gonna budge on our opinion. So...

You down to make a wager on how many games Bruno plays this year. I say he dont play in more than 21 games this season.
                                Look at 2012-13 season post Rudy Gay trade (around February 3rd) and Ross.

Ross' minutes took a dip but he still managed about 16 minutes per game as the 5th wing in the rotation behind Gay, DD, Anderson, and Fields.

Raps even had a Casey fav in 2 point guard line ups with Lowry, Telfair, and JL3 post Gay trade.... granted not nearly played to extent of Lowry/GV.

Average of 10 mins per game and 50 played is what I'm hoping for. Nothing extreme but the kid can play and hopefully Raptors don't play down to the likes of Philly so he can get runs in versus the weak teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X