Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    any internet jackass can take comments out of context to make weak points. Its as old as message boards.

Jonas, as is, is a stiff.

Saying otherwise is silly.

But my idea o "stiff" and yours might be different. I love JV, I think he might well be the next Marc Gasol and have said as much few times... why dont you post that that, instead of all these tiresome little digs using half the story.

Boring

You're not good at understanding basketball I dont think. I think thats why you insult me so much.
    Haha, a "stiff" can be the next Marc Gasol?

Let me know if I'm doing this right: "Anthony Davis is a stiff"

Comment

• Marc Gasol was a stiff when he came in.

I think the problem here is that for the most part, you guys like to rate players, or value them on what they might be in the future. This works when you're having a discussion about whether or not you should have them on a team. I'm ok with saying JV is extremely valuable, I believe that myself, but I do like to stay in the now when speaking about a players worth present day.

Stiff. To me. Has always been a big, usually a young one, new to a team or not "there" yet. stiff make mistakes, they are raw and tend to be a step slow in a lot of instances. Stiffs bobble the ball a lot and tend to get abused by referee's. Stiff's with potential will always make a bunch of good plays, however you can be certain that they will always be counted upon to cock it up at some point or another.

On a complete tank, if a stiff is not also a headcase, you give him a bit more time. In Jonas case, he is on a team fighting for first in the East, and a team that wants to get to "elite contender" status. He actually gets quite a bit of rope, and for good reason, Jonas helps set a pretty good tone with his energy. Early in games he tends to get a lot of 2nd chance points off teams who might not be ready to compete. Add to that, his potential is clearly there and his trajectory has been impressive enough that he is a "starter" and should be treated as such, he's earned that.

My comparing him to Gasol is simple. Rather than snipe at me for this, and rather than going further to say that I think Marc Gasol is now, a stiff, perhaps you could refer to the post I already have here that compares the 2. Marc Gasol was a classic stiff to me too when he came in. he was slow on defence and made his share of offensive blunders. He wasn't the athlete he became either. He was very similar to Jonas, in fact, when I look at what JV does when he is on, its eery because i think he can actually be a bit better than Gasol in a couple years.

Part of his sitting down, part of the pain of having to do it is that he IS getting much closer. But the things he can't/won't do right now, well when its a sign of mental weakness it has to be hammered home, and when it puts a team at risk in the crunch, when the other team is no longer giving up easy putbacks, his energy isn't always going to trump defensive positioning. So he sits. For now, and you can be sure it will change.

So there it is, a little bit of how I feel about JV. He's young, and raw, a bit of a clutz at times and a half step slow. All things that will most certainly change as time goes on but for today, you get what you get.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Haha, a "stiff" can be the next Marc Gasol?

Let me know if I'm doing this right: "Anthony Davis is a stiff"
        When you don't understand something, but then you try to be clever and make fun.... well, it doesn't work. just a bit of advice.

oh, and Anthony Davis is everything that Bruno is not. He is a player.

Comment

• A page on stiff to explain what the term means in Superjudge land.

Words have meaning and if you use them in a different context than everyone else, well, that is your problem - not the people interpreting them. When you threw stiff and scrub at JV it was at a time when he was struggling and many were ragging on him - you included.

Just a heads up, from now on I'm going to refer to anal rape as a positive.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            A page on stiff to explain what the term means in Superjudge land.

Words have meaning and if you use them in a different context than everyone else, well, that is your problem - not the people interpreting them. When you threw stiff and scrub at JV it was at a time when he was struggling and many were ragging on him - you included.

Depending on the circumstances, it can be, even when involving actual anal.

Kinks people, Kinks .
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              When you don't understand something, but then you try to be clever and make fun.... well, it doesn't work. just a bit of advice.

oh, and Anthony Davis is everything that Bruno is not. He is a player.
              I define "stiff" to mean anyone with a singular eyebrow.

Now did I do it right?

Comment

• Possibly, but they have to play like Jonas does for it to be valid....

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I think Bruno will be a good pro. He has all the physical tools and works hard. Casey has already proven that if you give him a young players(DD, JV) with those two aspects he'll help them maximize their potential

The only thing I worry about with him is him being a poor Brazilian get kid 9 months ago and now his a millionaire in north America.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

A page on stiff to explain what the term means in Superjudge land.

Well how about this.

When you rewind the years, go back to when we were younger.... I'm not sure your age, but I'm 42. Go back o when we both played Basketball in HS, you know, during Summer at the university with the other top players form the city...remember those days, when you'd talk shit for hours about each other, call guys stiffs, or weak, or whatever. Those were the days eh Matty. Remember when you were past that, and you got to university and it all changed, guys were way more competitive, hell, your intramural team could kill your HS team and you'd call the big guy on the other team a stiff when he missed a pass, even though he'd already dunked on your team a few times. Remember that?

Man, good times. remember that guy on your college team was posting up a former NBA guy, a guy you always called a stiff, and you both laughed so hard about how amazing he was....because truly, thats when you were respecting just how amazing any player is who could play at that level....remember how big his NBA ring was, and how much it weighed??? Yet still you called him a stiff, because he was tall and lanky, and played like a robot, and lets be honest, everyone on that floor understood the context of the word stiff when applied in that situation. Hell, what about that time that stiff from Duke went up for a jam at the Y and you blocked him, or thought you did and you ended up hanging on the rim because he dunked it anyhow....then he told you "nice d"....oh shit, do you remember how mad you got when you called him a stiff.... and thanked him for being so shitty at Volleyball when you destroyed him 2 years before. remember how he laughed and you shook on it?

Remember all this, this experience that led you to where you are now, where we are now, when we can watch games and re-live those moments with friends online. How as adults, you can chatter away, use words how you want, rip who you want, because the guys there all understand, or at the least, respect you enough to give you a bit of the benefit of doubt we all deserve? Man, isn't it great???

I think it is, I mean, because what I wrote now was a small snap shot of where I came from, how a grew up in this sport. It isn't to brag, I was never the star, I was just good enough to be there. But think about it, countless hours in a gym with some very good players, countless hours talking and arguing about hoops. The comradery gained was amazing, the respect and the understanding that this is our place, these conversations are ours, our time to be kids again, to be buddies, enemies, whatever we want because we know and respect that we all mean well. I feel it all the time here and rarely wish to make it anything more than it is.

This post is mostly for you Matt. Because maybe you didn't grow up like I did. Maybe you never had those experiences, and I apologize for forgetting that but want you to know where I come from and how it forms my thoughts and opinions. I apologize to all of you actually. I do because I forget sometimes that a few of you are new to basketball, or, some never played much but just loved it as fans. I assume you get me, or my angles, and I don't post 4 paragraph novels to explain why a raw, young center who might be a star doesn't play in the 4th, instead, I call him a stiff. it encompasses so much of how I feel. My first 10 years in Basketball were formed spending time with guys who get what I'm saying here. I guess i just need to be more aware, because part of me want that again, and I can only find it here, with you people so i would love to be able to have that same bond...o as much as you can have online as opposed to the real thing. I have it with a few of the older guys here, but I am needy, i want to have it with everyone hahaha.

I would hope that the guys here I offend the most will accept this partial explanation as me trying to explain myself and give me a bit of slack. I'm not here to be better than you, and I am not here to be mean, I apologize. But I do wish there was a bit of give and take. I do wish there was a little bit of respect coming my way. it should be fair right and really, when it comes to hoops, i really have earned my stripes.

Anyhow, I'm not gonna change a whole lot. I swear, I like it, its fun, and I call guys out. Some take it well and deal it back in a pretty solid way, other don't, I guess i will be more careful with the ones that dont. I just hope you all know I like it here, I love reading your posts in game threads, the rants and the ridiculous.... ask my GF, I LOL so often it isn't funny. So If I try, can you guys try too, please? Ask me direct questions if you want my opinion, I will try harder to answer. A lot of time my answer will be wrong, and I will likely say fuck off if you tell me that, but trust, i hear you, and I learn too hahaha.

anyhow, thats all from me. I'm back to being me now, starting...... now

GFY jackals.

Comment

• Now then .. talk about Bruno!

Comment

• I skimmed that soliloquy. I am uncertain of the purpose. I can only assume you're buddies with JV and call him a stiff to a bunch of chuckles?

You don't have any idea of my basketball career but thanks for sharing some random insight. One area where we definitely differ is I was the star - especially at the university level as I was a total late bloomer.

Comment

• Bruno is fucking terrible.
                          Honestly.

He looks like a guy, skill wise, that would get picked last at the Y.

BUT

There is no denying the raw skils and body....just fucking wow.

But lets be honest, the guy saying he was 2 years away from being 2 years away..... likely wasnt' far off.

But, he's ours. So thats good.

Comment

I skimmed that soliloquy. I am uncertain of the purpose. I can only assume you're buddies with JV and call him a stiff to a bunch of chuckles?

You don't have any idea of my basketball career but thanks for sharing some random insight. One area where we definitely differ is I was the star - especially at the university level as I was a total late bloomer.
                            Then you should know better, and on top of that, be man enough to know when someone is trying to apologize.

Comment

• #Bruno2016

Comment

• I say 17

I think JV 2016/17 is looking like MVP convo though.

once he has.... "loosened up"

Comment

Working...
                                X