Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Technically, he's only played on 2 teams, he never suited up for milluakee. But I see your point. But I also recall the reason Amir got traded from Detroit was because they had two young bigs in him and maxiall, and at the end of the day they decided to keep maxiall and trade Amir.

    We have no one competing with bruno other than maybe t ross?
    Also they were being run by Joe Dumars.

    Comment


    • I think Summer League will be a proving ground for him.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

      Comment


      • I would prefer if they gave Bebe Steimsma's minutes right now. He's quite a bit more ready than Bruno. Bebe played 3 years of pro ball in the ACB Spain, which is their 1st tier league and arguably the best basketball league in Europe outside of Euroleague.


        He basically rebounded a bunch and blocked a bunch of shots, while only taking high percentage shots like put backs and dunks. If he's healthy I think he should be getting some burn.

        Comment


        • Primer wrote: View Post
          I would prefer if they gave Bebe Steimsma's minutes right now. He's quite a bit more ready than Bruno. Bebe played 3 years of pro ball in the ACB Spain, which is their 1st tier league and arguably the best basketball league in Europe outside of Euroleague.


          He basically rebounded a bunch and blocked a bunch of shots, while only taking high percentage shots like put backs and dunks. If he's healthy I think he should be getting some burn.
          Steimsma doesn't have any minutes lol
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

          Comment


          • Primer wrote: View Post
            I would prefer if they gave Bebe Steimsma's minutes right now. He's quite a bit more ready than Bruno. Bebe played 3 years of pro ball in the ACB Spain, which is their 1st tier league and arguably the best basketball league in Europe outside of Euroleague.


            He basically rebounded a bunch and blocked a bunch of shots, while only taking high percentage shots like put backs and dunks. If he's healthy I think he should be getting some burn.
            Agree with the Bebe for Steamer minutes.

            Steamer seems to have been injury insurance and our bigs have stayed relatively healthy - he's played less than 10 minutes the past 41 games..

            I've been wondering if Steamer is traded prior to the deadline,with the thinking Bebe should have picked up enough of our system by now to be able to give close to or better than Steamer level production if worse comes to worse.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

            Comment


            • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Agree with the Bebe for Steamer minutes.

              Steamer seems to have been injury insurance and our bigs have stayed relatively healthy - he's played less than 10 minutes the past 41 games..

              I've been wondering if Steamer is traded prior to the deadline,with the thinking Bebe should have picked up enough of our system by now to be able to give close to or better than Steamer level production if worse comes to worse.
              Injury insurance for a guy the coach doesn't want to play. Fail to see why Steamer is on the team at all if he is behind TH and 2Pats on the depth chart at C. Either Will Cherry or Hamilton would have played more. He might be trade bait since neither Hamilton or Cherry would be tradable unless a team is really desperate.

              Comment


              • Axel wrote: View Post
                True, but there have been plenty of games that he (and Bebe) could have gotten better than DNP-CD. 2-5 minutes every 2-3 games would be a significant upgrade from his current PT and not really affect the team performance.
                I agree that there's been a few games that the Raptors could have thrown those two a couple of garbage time minutes but the post I was replying to said that he was "clamouring" for Bruno/Bebe to be playing all year, which I interpreted as something different. I'll maintain that neither of them belong on the court right now when the game is still yet to be decided, and there really haven't been that many run away blow outs for the Raptors this year where you can let him play in the fourth without consequence.

                And while I can understand the argument that any NBA minutes could help them out, I don't think there's a huge amount of value in going out for the last few minutes and jacking up bad shots or trading buckets with the other team's deep part of the bench. At the very least, it's not going to be what makes or breaks Bruno's development arc.

                I also think there's a thin line between building a young players confidence with opportunity, and having him take a step backwards when he struggles i.e Bruno's D-League experience. He looked completely overwhelmed physically and mentally during that week with Fort Wayne, and I bet if you gave Masai a mulligan on the decision to assign him for those games that he would take it back. There will come a time when you have to put him in the deep end of the pool and see if he swims so to speak, but once again, the young fella has given no indication that the time is now.

                Overall I think it's a little silly that we are telling Masai and the Raptors brain trust the best way to develop Bruno. We never see him perform in practice. We have no idea about the kid's personality. We are not privy to any conversations that he has, or his personal wishes. Hell, he's pretty unique in the fact that we don't even have a high school or college performance to refer back to. It's hard to come up with very many players that we've known less about in recent memory, Raptors or otherwise. The only thing we do know about him is that the Raptors are invested in his long term development, and that Masai thinks of the kid like a little brother. Given those two pieces of information, I'm comfortable sitting back and trusting that they have his best intentions at heart. If he's receiving very limited minutes this year, there's probably a well thought out reason behind it (and no, it's not because Casey "hates young guys" or they've simply forgotten about him).
                Last edited by Fully; Mon Feb 16, 2015, 09:04 AM.

                Comment


                • Fully wrote: View Post
                  And while I can understand the argument that any NBA minutes could help them out, I don't think there's a huge amount of value in going out for the last few minutes and jacking up bad shots or trading buckets with the other team's deep part of the bench. At the very least, it's not going to be what makes or breaks Bruno's development arc.

                  I also think there's a thin line between building a young players confidence with opportunity, and having him take a step backwards when he struggles i.e Bruno's D-League experience. He looked completely overwhelmed physically and mentally during that week with Fort Wayne, and I bet if you gave Masai a mulligan on the decision to assign him for those games that he would take it back. There will come a time when you have to put him in the deep end of the pool and see if he swims so to speak, but once again, the young fella has given no indication that the time is now.
                  .
                  Going in to jack up bad shots is certainly not beneficial to his development, in fact, shooting in general is definitely something he can develop in practice. But being out on the court and learning to function a (even small) role within the offence is huge and something that can't be developed solely in practice.

                  Same with defence, tracking an unfamiliar opponent in a game is hugely different than tracking a teammate in practice.


                  I think the D-League is experience wasn't as beneficially as it could have been, partially due to the environment (not direct affiliate of Raptors), the hectic adjustment to a new team concept (especially hard with his non-English background) and in the end, because he wasn't there long enough to get over the adjustment period and straight up be a part of a team.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                  If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                  Comment


                  • Lol. Zainab I thought you were supposed to be babysitting this kid.

                    Our guy @brunofive #grillz #toronto #raptors

                    A photo posted by kilani&mark (@grillz_by_kilani) on


                    It’s Ogugua season. Time to gugua.

                    Comment


                    • Ewwww. This picture is so scary to look at.

                      Comment


                      • hahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
                        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

                        Comment


                        • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Lol. Zainab I thought you were supposed to be babysitting this kid.

                          Our guy @brunofive #grillz #toronto #raptors

                          A photo posted by kilani&mark (@grillz_by_kilani) on


                          Worse than 5 DUI's...and Metta World Peace as your name
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                          Comment


                          • The wind in my Bruno's sails has been lost.

                            Comment


                            • shit is so dumb
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                              Comment


                              • well... guess it's time to trade him. lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X