Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is what happens when you hang around JJ and Lou Williams. Thug 4 life!!

    Comment


    • He looks like an idiot.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment



      • Skip to 0:50, apparently he figured it out.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

        Comment


        • How have so many people changed opinions on Bruno in the last 4 months when we've only seen like 15 minutes of game time from him? Excluding his D League games. Virtually nothing's changed.

          Comment


          • Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            How have so many people changed opinions on Bruno in the last 4 months when we've only seen like 15 minutes of game time from him? Excluding his D League games. Virtually nothing's changed.
            "Brazilian Kevin Durant" is not "Brazilian Kevin Durant" yet.

            Sucks.

            Trade him.

            Comment


            • Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              How have so many people changed opinions on Bruno in the last 4 months when we've only seen like 15 minutes of game time from him? Excluding his D League games. Virtually nothing's changed.
              He defaced his mouth.

              Comment


              • Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                "Brazilian Kevin Durant" is not "Brazilian Kevin Durant" yet.

                Sucks.

                Trade him.
                While I can tell this post is tongue in cheek, underneath the sarcasm I can tell you actually wanted Bruno to do better this season. I thought everybody understood what the deal was, he was coming to Toronto and be with/train with the team, learn North American language and NBA life, hopefully get in 30 minutes or so of garbage time all season.

                While I still don't think he's going to be "2 years away from being 2 years away", I knew he wouldn't be close to ready this year.

                I think a reasonable goal next season is to see him getting any meaningful minutes at all, and then by season 3 a great leap would be to play as a 8th-10th man off the bench.

                The guy is a project, straight up. Our goal is to use his freakish body and athleticism and turn it into a real star NBA player, hopefully around 25 years old when JV is still very much in his prime and obviously lots of other good stuff has happened.
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  While I can tell this post is tongue in cheek, underneath the sarcasm I can tell you actually wanted Bruno to do better this season. I thought everybody understood what the deal was, he was coming to Toronto and be with/train with the team, learn North American language and NBA life, hopefully get in 30 minutes or so of garbage time all season.

                  While I still don't think he's going to be "2 years away from being 2 years away", I knew he wouldn't be close to ready this year.

                  I think a reasonable goal next season is to see him getting any meaningful minutes at all, and then by season 3 a great leap would be to play as a 8th-10th man off the bench.

                  The guy is a project, straight up. Our goal is to use his freakish body and athleticism and turn it into a real star NBA player, hopefully around 25 years old when JV is still very much in his prime and obviously lots of other good stuff has happened.
                  But you see thats super rare. Like with most players you know if they are going to become great, even Antetokoumpo wasn't this raw. What Bruno does have down is the 3 pt shot, he can honestly be a threat from long distance. Its kinda like guarding Giannis or KD, no matter what you do they are going to get the shot off they are just that long.
                  Because of that I feel like he has a chance to be something real good, usually if you have that jumpshot down pat its easier to focus on other things. I just hope he becomes a good ball handler and defender. If he works as hard as they say he does then he could be the next huge story in the NBA, a kid from Brazil who basically grew up very poor comes to the NBA and becomes a superstar. Sounds like something that the NBA could milk the fuck out of
                  Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Tue Feb 17, 2015, 03:58 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Are those grills going to be a permanent thing? Lol like is that going to be his signature look?
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

                    Comment


                    • Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      Are those grills going to be a permanent thing? Lol like is that going to be his signature look?
                      LOL! No dude. They're not permanent.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

                      Comment


                      • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        But you see thats super rare. Like with most players you know if they are going to become great, even Antetokoumpo wasn't this raw. What Bruno does have down is the 3 pt shot, he can honestly be a threat from long distance. Its kinda like guarding Giannis or KD, no matter what you do they are going to get the shot off they are just that long.
                        Because of that I feel like he has a chance to be something real good, usually if you have that jumpshot down pat its easier to focus on other things. I just hope he becomes a good ball handler and defender. If he works as hard as they say he does then he could be the next huge story in the NBA, a kid from Brazil who basically grew up very poor comes to the NBA and becomes a superstar. Sounds like something that the NBA could milk the fuck out of
                        Giannis had a year of pro ball in Greece under his belt before entering the NBA. He also played with the Greek national team. I look at Bruno as being a year behind where Giannis was when he was drafted. So this season is like a redshirt year. I expect he will be much improved when we see him in summer league, and he should be ready to contribute around 10 minutes per game next season. Year 3 he can be a backup or possibly starter. That's a realistic growth curve for such a raw young talent. As was noted, he already has a nice shot, so the rawness mainly comes from positioning and instincts. I'm confident those holes can be shored up by his 3rd season and we'll have a pretty good idea of what he can be by then.

                        Comment


                        • Ever since I saw the footage of him crying from a block I lost hope in him.. He's another Terrance Ross
                          Masai messed up,
                          2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

                          Comment


                          • SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                            Ever since I saw the footage of him crying from a block I lost hope in him.. He's another Terrance Ross
                            Masai messed up,
                            lol really? That was summer league and was a "Welcome to the NBA" moment for the kid.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                            Comment


                            • Axel wrote: View Post
                              lol really? That was summer league and was a "Welcome to the NBA" moment for the kid.
                              I show no pity, nor do I have hope.
                              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

                              Comment


                              • Axel wrote: View Post
                                lol really? That was summer league and was a "Welcome to the NBA" moment for the kid.
                                Axel.... may I call you Aximilli? Please?

                                Second off, it was a "Welcome to the NBA" moment. But we all knew the kid was a prospect. We all knew we were cashing in here on potential. We all knew this kid was a raw but athletic and skilled prodigy. Nothing more. I hope he plays soon, but give him time. All of us need to.

                                PS. I wish B-Ball had a actual minor-league system.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                                Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X