Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    He's playing his role (think Patrick Patterson) for the best team in the D-league. Shooting percentages should be better, but he regularly shows out in steals and blocks. He's coming along nicely, and some nights (like last night) his stroke looks REAL nice.
    We could really use his 3pt shooting right about now. I wonder if the raps will consider bringing him in to backup PJ if Carroll is out for a while.

Comment

• Bruno can hit from the corners (38%) much like PJ Tucker but, much like Tucker, has a ways to go above the break (32% - OK but not really a threat).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Bruno can hit from the corners (38%) much like PJ Tucker but, much like Tucker, has a ways to go above the break (32% - OK but not really a threat).
        We're in dire need of some outside shooting with no Lowry and Ross gone. We got Corey Jo and Norm out here air balling three's. But I agree, Bruno is still about a year away from actually contributing to this team.

Comment

4 years of slow building and becoming a useful rotation player is the typical learning curve for late round draftees. The reason they actually said it with Bruno was because he was incredibly raw and was basically learning the game from close to scratch. Learning curves aren't linear either - there are leaps.
          This is true, but I'd add the caveat that for most projects the development usually happens at the pro level.

Who was the last successful project to play less than 100 total minutes at the pro level in his first three years?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            This is true, but I'd add the caveat that for most projects the development usually happens at the pro level.

Who was the last successful project to play less than 100 total minutes at the pro level in his first three years?
            I don't know about three years, but Amir Johnson played a little over 100 minutes over his first two seasons in the league, and he didn't have a D-League to get reps in. Turned out pretty good.

In any case, I'm not sure trying to find a past example is going to pay off, as I'm pretty sure Masai was going for "never been done" with the Bruno pick.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don't know about three years, but Amir Johnson played a little over 100 minutes over his first two seasons in the league, and he didn't have a D-League to get reps in. Turned out pretty good.

In any case, I'm not sure trying to find a past example is going to pay off, as I'm pretty sure Masai was going for "never been done" with the Bruno pick.
              Even if Bruno doesn't work out, atleast we can be happy we pulled a kid from the slums of Brazil and made him a millionaire. Hopefully Bruno can do some good with his riches.

I really hope it works out for him, such a great story. He seems like a hard working and good kid.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

Jermaine O'neal only played about 2400 minutes over his first 4 years in the league. Of course then there was no option but to get players some garbage minutes here and there. Now there's the d-league.

Comment

I might add that the d-league is still professional basketball.

There is virtually zero incentive to hurry Bruno onto the NBA court, even if he is developing well - unless he's truly needed. That's a massive change brought on by the 905.
                  Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon Mar 6, 2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• The old HS draft picks are a good comp in terms of immaturity and inexperience but those guys are still groomed through AAU and know the language/culture.
                    He's basically a redshirt sophomore. I give him a lot of credit for how far he has come, given where he started.
                    And i think Stackhouse has a lot to gain from making good on Bruno. I think he's working out with him like JJ did and trying to coach his mental side. That kinda player/coach relationship is huge for Bruno imo.

Comment

• I punched my ticket for the Bruno train on draft night and I'm not bailing on this steaming locomotive yet.

The Brazilian Durant! Giannis 2.0!
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Inching closer to being next-gen Donyell Marsall.

Comment

• Man if Bruno had a motor like Norm Powell he'd be scary good. Unfortunately he looks to be more of a passive T Ross type, i'm sure he'll still be a serviceable rotation piece within a year or two

Comment

• They are using him as a power forward now...he goes to his spots and shoots instead of going crazy firing from everywhere--it seems to have given him some stability--and has opened up his somewhat limited driving game when defenders close out.

Comment

• The lakers d-league team plays out of the lakers practice facility or something?
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                The lakers d-league team plays out of the lakers practice facility or something?
                                Yes, Toyota sports center. Kings, sparx, Lakers practice facility.
                                You can see Leiweke's model.

Comment

Working...
                                X