No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought he'd be a better 3pt shooter. Has a really good stroke and with his length can avoid getting blocked. Yet he's only putting up something like 33-34% at about 5 attempts a game. Not great.

That's the one area of his game that I thought would make him a player in this league. Hoping he can improve on it by next year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I thought he'd be a better 3pt shooter. Has a really good stroke and with his length can avoid getting blocked. Yet he's only putting up something like 33-34% at about 5 attempts a game. Not great.

That's the one area of his game that I thought would make him a player in this league. Hoping he can improve on it by next year.
      Sadly there is no shot tracking data. He does have 17% of his above the break made threes as unassisted - I'd expect a far lower success rate for pull-up threes, so that could explain his lower success rate there (for example if his pull-up threes are only a 25% success rate shot - completely made up by me - then his catch and shoot above the break threes would be at 33%, and his overall success rate without those pull-ups about 35%). He's shooting 38% from the corners.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Sadly there is no shot tracking data. He does have 17% of his above the break made threes as unassisted - I'd expect a far lower success rate for pull-up threes, so that could explain his lower success rate there (for example if his pull-up threes are only a 25% success rate shot - completely made up by me - then his catch and shoot above the break threes would be at 33%, and his overall success rate without those pull-ups about 35%). He's shooting 38% from the corners.
        I noticed the lack of shot tracking data for the D-League. Wonder if it's being tracked just not made public? That type of information would be valuable to scouts I would imagine.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I noticed the lack of shot tracking data for the D-League. Wonder if it's being tracked just not made public? That type of information would be valuable to scouts I would imagine.
          They probably don't have the cameras installed in the D-League arenas. I imagine they are expensive.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Man if Bruno had a motor like Norm Powell he'd be scary good. Unfortunately he looks to be more of a passive T Ross type, i'm sure he'll still be a serviceable rotation piece within a year or two
            "Serviceable"? Weren't we hoping for a home run?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              They probably don't have the cameras installed in the D-League arenas. I imagine they are expensive.
              Yeah. There's a "slight" drop-off between D-League budgets and the NBA. Raps 905 played their last game in this place against the conference leading LA D-Fenders.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                He's only 21, gotta build a floor for him first. I think there were lofty comps like Brazilian KD/freak but that was lazy descriptors and draft hype due to a lack of info.
                You're right, the goal.posts have been moved a bit but they were artificially imposed. The organization had a 4 yr plan and I think he's on pace. There's still a lot of potential imo.
                The mental side seems to be a flaw and that's very hard to predict and project (see tross).

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  What's a home run? An all star? All NBA? If you're hoping for that with pick 20 from a raw Brazilian with grainy footage, with little experience or playing time, you're doing it wrong.

Think of it like a scratch ticket. Yeah we're not gonna win the $100,000 grand prize, but if you can go back to the convenience store and cash in a $50 winner on a $2 ticket, you're gonna be happy.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Yeah. There's a "slight" drop-off between D-League budgets and the NBA. Raps 905 played their last game in this place against the conference leading LA D-Fenders.

The courts not even level! You're shooting down hill from the 3 point line!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      What's a home run? An all star? All NBA? If you're hoping for that with pick 20 from a raw Brazilian with grainy footage, with little experience or playing time, you're doing it wrong.

Think of it like a scratch ticket. Yeah we're not gonna win the $100,000 grand prize, but if you can go back to the convenience store and cash in a $50 winner on a $2 ticket, you're gonna be happy.
                      Exactly, I'd be satisfied with Bruno becoming a Reshard Lewis or Channing Frye type player. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Exactly, I'd be satisfied with Bruno becoming a Reshard Lewis or Channing Frye type player. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake
                        Rashard would be a huge win. Frye would be very good.

Comment

• Rashard Lewis was an All Star, people.

TBH, if we see Bruno be a 15 & 7 guy while shooting 35+% from 3, i'm fine with that.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            Rashard Lewis was an All Star, people.

TBH, if we see Bruno be a 15 & 7 guy while shooting 35+% from 3, i'm fine with that.
                            At this point, even that looks like a pipe dream for Bruno. To put things in perspective, that's close to what Ibaka is now.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post

When? 2 years from 2 years?

Comment

• Rodney hood was 22 yrs old as a rookie. He avg. 20 mins, 8 pts, on 36℅ from 3. If Bruno gets 10 mins, 4 pts, on 36℅ next yr, then I will be happy to build on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X