Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Rashard Lewis was an All Star, people.

TBH, if we see Bruno be a 15 & 7 guy while shooting 35+% from 3, i'm fine with that.
    You're "fine" with. Bruno being better than average in PPG, RBS and 3pt%?

Very generous of you.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• People have to remember and take into account what a 2-way stretch-forward (roleplayer) is worth in this market - e.g. what did we pay for Carroll, and what is PP going to get paid? If Bruno can get to roleplayer level by year 4 or 5, he'll have great value for his contract - something we'll desperately need given our other high-end salaries.

Comment

TBH, if we see Bruno be a 15 & 7 guy while shooting 35+% from 3, i'm fine with that.
        You saying Bruno can't be an All star?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          People have to remember and take into account what a 2-way stretch-forward (roleplayer) is worth in this market - e.g. what did we pay for Carroll, and what is PP going to get paid? If Bruno can get to roleplayer level by year 4 or 5, he'll have great value for his contract - something we'll desperately need given our other high-end salaries.
          I think he has a pretty good chance at reaching that level. His physical tools alone give him an advantage, the skills he's learning now is what will help propel him.

Comment

• Except he's a terrible Basketball player, trying to play in the NBA.

The Bruno Coboclo project is a failure.

Comment

He doesn't do that now....in the D-League.

I'll go even lower and just say with his terrible bball IQ that I'll be happy if he even becomes a decent rotation player nevermind the Ibaka like stats.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                He doesn't do that now....in the D-League.

I'll go even lower and just say with his terrible bball IQ that I'll be happy if he even becomes a decent rotation player nevermind the Ibaka like stats.
                Guys, Bruno still has the potential to be much more unique than a 15/7 guy. 15/7 guys are a dime a dozen.

How about guys who average 1+ 3PM, 1+ BLK, and 1+ STL per game in the NBA? The list is only SIX PLAYERS LONG.

Cousins, Durant, Draymond, Millsap, Covington, and Mo Harkless. That's it. Bruno is averaging that in the D-League already, and he's still got development ahead of him.

I think the focus needs to be on Bruno's unique skillset. He's shooting 34% from 3, which is fine. Shoot threes, score at the rim, use those ridiculous arms for defence, and the guy could be a tremendous asset on the perimeter, getting him to average 15 ppg is really beside the point.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Except he's a terrible Basketball player, trying to play in the NBA.

The Bruno Coboclo project is a failure.
                  Too bad for that guy bc Bruno Caboclo still has another yr on his contract/timeline.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Guys, Bruno still has the potential to be much more unique than a 15/7 guy. 15/7 guys are a dime a dozen.

How about guys who average 1+ 3PM, 1+ BLK, and 1+ STL per game in the NBA? The list is only SIX PLAYERS LONG.

Cousins, Durant, Draymond, Millsap, Covington, and Mo Harkless. That's it. Bruno is averaging that in the D-League already, and he's still got development ahead of him.

I think the focus needs to be on Bruno's unique skillset. He's shooting 34% from 3, which is fine. Shoot threes, score at the rim, use those ridiculous arms for defence, and the guy could be a tremendous asset on the perimeter, getting him to average 15 ppg is really beside the point.
                    And all those guys played AAU and NCAA and weren't plucked out of obscurity.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      And all those guys played AAU and NCAA and weren't plucked out of obscurity.
                      Please spell out what you're implying. That putting a raw player through a few years of D-League development isn't worth it?

Pluck any NBA stats out of the air and you will find most/all of the qualifying players played college ball, because most NBA players played college ball. Correlation does not equal causation.

Guess who else averaged 1+ blks 1+ stl and shot a hair over 30% from deep pre-NBA without playing US college ball? Giannis!

#antetokounmpo2.0
                      Last edited by S.R.; Thu Mar 9, 2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Please spell out what you're implying. That putting a raw player through a few years of D-League development isn't worth it?

Pluck any NBA stats out of the air and you will find most/all of the qualifying players played college ball, because most NBA players played college ball. Correlation does not equal causation.
                        Lol, I'm agreeing with you that he has useful skills but his learning curve will take time bc he needs fundamentals and experience.
                        Stackhouse was an AAU coach trying to turn kids into NCAA players and a college coach like Izzo tries to turn that player into an NBA player.
                        I'm saying Bruno has missed out on yrs of development and really only been in the dleague for almost two yrs. The guys on your list start at age 11 roughly.

He's also avgs +1 AST

Comment

15 and 7 guys are a dime a dozen?

There's 48 players averaging better than 15/game in the NBA

There's 31 players averaging 7rbs/game or better in the NBA.

So, even guys averaging just 15 points or just 7rbs per game aren't a dime a dozen, let along guys averaging atleast 15 and 7.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Lol, I'm agreeing with you that he has useful skills but his learning curve will take time bc he needs fundamentals and experience.
                            Stackhouse was an AAU coach trying to turn kids into NCAA players and a college coach like Izzo tries to turn that player into an NBA player.
                            I'm saying Bruno has missed out on yrs of development and really only been in the dleague for almost two yrs. The guys on your list start at age 11 roughly.

He's also avgs +1 AST
                            Got it, I get a little touchy in the Bruno thread as I always put on my Haters Back Off sweatpants before entering here.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              15 and 7 guys are a dime a dozen?

There's 48 players averaging better than 15/game in the NBA

There's 31 players averaging 7rbs/game or better in the NBA.

So, even guys averaging just 15 points or just 7rbs per game aren't a dime a dozen, let along guys averaging atleast 15 and 7.
                              Look, you are taking my post literally instead of taking my post seriously.

Comment

• If prime Bruno can average 6p 3r 1a 1s 1blk 2 threes on 45% shooting from the field

Hed be a top 50 fantasy player lol
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X