Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    If prime Bruno can average 6p 3r 1a 1s 1blk 2 threes on 45% shooting from the field

Hed be a top 50 fantasy player lol
    Move that to 8 pts 4 reb and 2 assists, with lockdown defense. Ultimate glue guy! They'd call him the poor mans Anteto, and we'd love it!
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Please spell out what you're implying. That putting a raw player through a few years of D-League development isn't worth it?

Pluck any NBA stats out of the air and you will find most/all of the qualifying players played college ball, because most NBA players played college ball. Correlation does not equal causation.

Guess who else averaged 1+ blks 1+ stl and shot a hair over 30% from deep pre-NBA without playing US college ball? Giannis!

#antetokounmpo2.0
      That's in part why he's the Greek Freak. We're not doing Bruno any favours by sticking that label to him. It's like lonzo/buddy comps to Steph. He just needs to be a competent, end of bench, rotation guy by the end of next yr.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        That's in part why he's the Greek Freak. We're not doing Bruno any favours by sticking that label to him. It's like lonzo/buddy comps to Steph. He just needs to be a competent, end of bench, rotation guy by the end of next yr.
        I hear you, mostly in this thread I'm just having fun. The Bruno pick is 100% taking a flier on a super raw guy, awesome if he turns into anything usable at the NBA level and no harm done if he doesn't, imho. Masai is clearly capable of drafting solid safer picks and is always within reach of having more prospects than roster spots anyway, using a late first for a long shot like Bruno is not a problem.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Except he's a terrible Basketball player, trying to play in the NBA.

The Bruno Coboclo project is a failure.
          ....and JV's a stiff.

Comment

• I was watching both Bruno's and Giannis' grainy draft footage and Giannis looked just as raw as Bruno. The difference was that Giannis got to play immediately for the Bucks while Bruno barely got to play his first year, he only really got to start developing when the 905's were established. But even then Giannis has way better playmaking ability, but his 3pt shot is terrible which is an area Bruno is better at. All in all It wouldn't be too crazy to see Bruno starting for the Raps within a year or two

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              He's only 21, gotta build a floor for him first. I think there were lofty comps like Brazilian KD/freak but that was lazy descriptors and draft hype due to a lack of info.
              You're right, the goal.posts have been moved a bit but they were artificially imposed. The organization had a 4 yr plan and I think he's on pace. There's still a lot of potential imo.
              The mental side seems to be a flaw and that's very hard to predict and project (see tross).
              Mentally flawed seems like a not uncommon occurrence for many of our draft picks.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Mentally flawed seems like a not uncommon occurrence for many of our draft picks.
                Huh?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  All in all It wouldn't be too crazy to see Bruno starting for the Raps within a year or two

Bruno starting in a year or two?!

What???? lol

Bruno doesn't even play 30 mins in a D-League game and barely looks like a starter there. You also do remember that he is a PF right?! Aka the same position as our "big FA acquisition", Serge Ibaka who will likely sign a huge extension to play here another 4-5 years right?!

I'm not trying to completely discredit Bruno because you can see he is learning Patrick Patterson's role well but he isn't anywhere near ready to start. Minus his big shinning moment/first game against the Bucks (ironic in a Greek Freak way), Bruno has looked like a complete deer in the headlights out there, almost overwhelmed by just being out there on a NBA court. He's going to probably start getting some James Johnson like minutes next year. Like less than 10 mpg and have little to no impact....

We'll re-sign him for next to nothing (because he will not have proven any major value). Probably get some minutes to rest other guys in his 1st season of his new contract (2 years from now), he'll be treated like an "old rookie" again ala Norm/Delon. Maybe work his way into the rotation the following year, then in years 4-5 of his second contract maybe just maybe he'll be the starter which would also coincide with the expected decline of a older than stated Serge Ibaka.

That seems far more likely to me.

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  I was watching both Bruno's and Giannis' grainy draft footage and Giannis looked just as raw as Bruno. The difference was that Giannis got to play immediately for the Bucks while Bruno barely got to play his first year, he only really got to start developing when the 905's were established. But even then Giannis has way better playmaking ability, but his 3pt shot is terrible which is an area Bruno is better at.
                  As for this part what separates Giannis and Bruno is a lot of things, they couldn't be more opposite.

Most people just look at the physical side and ironically seem to forget the mental which separates many players.

Giannis was far more aggressive and ball dominant than Bruno ever was, not to mention much quicker and runs harder. He likes to facilitate, Bruno naturally looks to score and it shows in their game. Bruno is tunnel vision and good at shooting and very timid and to himself. Giannis is looking for everything and doing everything out there, rebound, steals, assists...and score. He's running all over the court, just asserting himself. Where as Bruno, tries to find his opening and hit his shots or find a seam to score in. Giannis plays like he wants to be LeBron...Bruno obviously idolizes Durant, big problem for us is he doesn't posses the speed of SF, he's a PF and given his physical speed and style of play we'll need to mold him like Patterson or as Casey is always so quick to throw out: Rashard Lewis. That's how the fully intend to use him so there never will be a day that they resemble each other on court other than physically because their true skills, physical abilities and styles of play are completely different....apples to oranges.
                  Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Mar 13, 2017, 11:51 PM.

Comment

What does this even mean? Powell, Siakam, Poeltl and Wright show no signs of being lazy, headcases, scared of playing or anything like that.

Comment

• Why is this guy still on the roster?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Waive Bruno and sign Casspi

Comment

• danno wrote: View Post
                          When? 2 years from 2 years?
                          Good one. Lol.

Comment

Good one. Lol.
                            Bruno's developmental timeline brings to mind the old one hit wonder by Zagar and Evans ..... "In the Year ....."

Comment

• Every time I watch Bruno play, I keep thinking that something else is afoot.

My theory is that Masai and his family or relatives traveled to Brazil for a vacation and there was some sort of unfortunate incident. Like maybe a nephew was wandering around and accidentally started a fire or there was a freak car accident leading to toxic chemicals that bled into the town's water supply. Something happened that was so unfortunate that it just destroyed a town's livelihood. And Masai just felt so awful about the whole thing that he decided to pay these people back by drafting Bruno.

Maybe Bruno was the most promising young man out of this small town and Masai was just like "Hey look, I can't fix your water supply but I'll you what. I'm an NBA guy. I can't help you guys out directly, but I can take one of your young men with me to Canada and giving him the best possible chance. I could change his life -- we'll invest millions of dollars in him, show him a good time and hey, maybe something good might come out of it. What do you say guys?" And the rest is history.

A lot of you guys might argue that he actually looks decent and could contribute. Well, my argument to that is this. I am pretty good at singing and playing guitar, but it's just a hobby for me. I've performed at weddings and stuff for friends, but if a professional music producer invested $4-5M in me and gave me vocal training, pro guitar lessons and teaching, I think I could get pretty damned good and earn a living off it. This is what has happened for Bruno. This guy is earning NBA rookie salary and is getting free training, skills, coaching from real NBA trainers. All it took was Masai drafting him and giving him a chance.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

• 6'9 with a 7'6 wingspan probably has a little to do with it.
                                Also, Pinheiros is in Sao Paulo. He did live in a small town at one point but also in highly populated cities too.

Comment

Working...
                                X