No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors 905 are much deeper this season than last year. They got Tavares, Toupane, Heslip plus assignees like Poeltl or Siakam so Bruno doesn't get the ball as much. But he's playing good from what I've seen. Plus they are blowing out teams regularly so not that many minutes for Bruno
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Raptors 905 are much deeper this season than last year. They got Tavares, Toupane, Heslip plus assignees like Poeltl or Siakam so Bruno doesn't get the ball as much. But he's playing good from what I've seen. Plus they are blowing out teams regularly so not that many minutes for Bruno
      Yup, they're not exactly showcasing him for trade.

(ie we're hiding him)

Comment

• They are just bringing him along. I mean if they wanted to i'm sure they could run the offense through him and he'd drop 30 every single game (probably not efficiently tho lol)

Comment

• I just still have my doubts about Bruno because I see Siakam who I believe is the same age go down to the D-League and he looks damn near "all-star" like (not actually) in comparison lol. Like with Norm, he was putting up performances where he seemed too good to be there...Siakam seems to be fighting to get in that conversation like Delon, where they still look better than most of the players in the D-League. Bruno doesnt stand out at all....he seems like a role player within the D-League lol

I think he is 2 years away from even beginning to look like Wright and Siakam do as better than their D-League counterparts and ready to play some minutes in the league....when Bruno finally gets there, call me. For now its just a wait and see.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            I just still have my doubts about Bruno because I see Siakam who I believe is the same age go down to the D-League and he looks damn near "all-star" like (not actually) in comparison lol. Like with Norm, he was putting up performances where he seemed too good to be there...Siakam seems to be fighting to get in that conversation like Delon, where they still look better than most of the players in the D-League. Bruno doesnt stand out at all....he seems like a role player within the D-League lol

I think he is 2 years away from even beginning to look like Wright and Siakam do as better than their D-League counterparts and ready to play some minutes in the league....when Bruno finally gets there, call me. For now its just a wait and see.
            Keep in mind that siakam and Delon turn 24 and 25 in a few weeks.
            Siakam moved to the states at 16 and has 3 older brothers that played D1. Obviously Wright has yrs of AAU, HS, JUCO, D1 and dorell. Guys like him are groomed from age 11 and although he is clearly an NBA player, he's not consistent or established yet. Dleague is a finishing school for NCAA guys. That's pretty good that Bruno is getting that experience and learning to tread water. He's come a ways from getting crowned by pj Hairston and crying off the court. Never seen that before.
            Bruno is a real outlier. Beaubois is the only comp that I remember. He's long out of the league and never made it.
            I think I like Mikal bridges more than Bruno and he's not even ready to declare yet.
            I still have faith in Bruno but it's still a guessing game imo.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              I just still have my doubts about Bruno because I see Siakam who I believe is the same age go down to the D-League and he looks damn near "all-star" like (not actually) in comparison lol. Like with Norm, he was putting up performances where he seemed too good to be there...Siakam seems to be fighting to get in that conversation like Delon, where they still look better than most of the players in the D-League. Bruno doesnt stand out at all....he seems like a role player within the D-League lol

Well Bruno was 2 years away from being 2 years away when he was drafted. He is in his 3rd year, so he is only 1 year away. I still think he has potential to be a solid 3&D guy, but not a star player.

Comment

• Even if Bruno only becomes a quality role player & never a star, I'm fine with the pick. You take a gamble and wait. We've seen glimmers of a guy with solid intangibles & that alone would make any scout's mouth water. Bruno's only 21, and he's gone from being allowed to do whatever on the court to being a system player that works to his as well as the rest of the team's strengths. That alone has me happy about how he's coming along.

His decision making is still questionable at times, but I feel that's more him getting used to playing system basketball. Before this, he was more than likely able to destroy competition with sheer athletic ability. Now, he's had to put work in and settle into a system. Most don't realize how hard of a jump that can be for a guy. It's like bringing up a Single A baseball player and making him throw in the big leagues.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Quality play today

Comment

• yeah he looked pretty good last night

Comment

• I love that she he dunks he throws it down with authority. Power dunks all the way. This summer will be huge in his development.

Comment

• Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Sorry I missed this game. Happy for Bruno. Another summer and another yr to build on.

Comment

• I won't be surprised at all if Masai signs him to another bargain, 4-year contract in 2018.

Considering his age (still 22 next summer; basically an NCAA senior), how late he got involved in serious bball, his physical gifts, and the meaurable progress that he has made, I still see him projecting to be a rotation-quality 3&D combo forward before he hits his physical prime.

I don't get why people are so down on him, especially since that's a totally decent outcome for a 20th overall pick (albeit with more time and resources invested in his development than normal).

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                              I won't be surprised at all if Masai signs him to another bargain, 4-year contract in 2018.

Considering his age (still 22 next summer; basically an NCAA senior), how late he got involved in serious bball, his physical gifts, and the meaurable progress that he has made, I still see him projecting to be a rotation-quality 3&D combo forward before he hits his physical prime.

I don't get why people are so down on him, especially since that's a totally decent outcome for a 20th overall pick (albeit with more time and resources invested in his development than normal).
                              People are impatient. Its already been said during the draft that Bruno was "2 years away from being 2 years away", everyone should know it was going to take him a couple of seasons before he is ready for real minutes. This was his 3rd season and he is coming along nicely.

Comment

• I can see him being a smaller part of the rotation next year actually. Like I can see him getting Siakam level minutes. He will get a chance and he will have a the ability to produce in those minutes. He didn't look so lost on offense or on defence. He actually looked like a rookie for once. He looked a bit more like he belonged and had more confidence. I was happy with what I saw.

Comment

Working...
                                X