No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Bruno play any competitive Ball in the summer? I know he didn't play for Brazil last year

Comment

• https://twitter.com/RaptorsTalk_/sta...48887771996160

your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

• It makes me wonder: could Bruno see time with the big club against Cleveland? I'd love for him to take Carroll's minutes right now.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• No. He's probably not even ready next year. He would hardly see the court, spend all his time at the end of the bench. He should have one more year with consistent high minutes in the D-League, could be ready after that.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            No. He's probably not even ready next year. He would hardly see the court, spend all his time at the end of the bench. He should have one more year with consistent high minutes in the D-League, could be ready after that.
            I think it depends what they do with his contract. He could probably play Powell-esque minutes next year. But the team could also sign a vet for cheap to fill that role. If they give Bruno a cheap extension this summer, I'd bet they try him in a backup role at some point in the season. If not, they might decide to keep him buried in the D-League for another season to prevent any teams from upping the bidding in free agency. You never know - one good game with the opposing GM watching could result in an offer sheet.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I think that next year, Bruno will be spending most of the season with the 905. It will allow him to get a lot more time on the court, play through and learn from his mistakes, while continuing to build his confidence in his game. He had some good games, but also some not-so-good games with the 905 this year, and while that's progress over last year, finding game-to-game consistency is going to be a key in his progression to the big club.

That being said, because Bruno will likely still be on the Raptors' roster next year (and playing with the 905 as an assignee), I fully expect him to be on the bench in the ACC for those occasions when the 905 and Raptors' schedules align, and wouldn't be surprising as part of his development trajectory for him to see spot minutes in non-garbage time situations with the Raptors on occasion - but I wouldn't be expecting to see Bruno as part of the Raptors' rotation next year.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                I think it depends what they do with his contract. He could probably play Powell-esque minutes next year. But the team could also sign a vet for cheap to fill that role. If they give Bruno a cheap extension this summer, I'd bet they try him in a backup role at some point in the season. If not, they might decide to keep him buried in the D-League for another season to prevent any teams from upping the bidding in free agency. You never know - one good game with the opposing GM watching could result in an offer sheet.
                What do you figure is the risk/reward on that? Whatever they do, I don't think they should toy with his development to try to save some $$ on his contract.

Does Bruno command a high enough extension that there's a bit of risk for the Raps if he doesn't develop as planned? Do the Raps avoid the extension because they're already spending so much this summer? I'd avoid UFA if possible.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  What do you figure is the risk/reward on that? Whatever they do, I don't think they should toy with his development to try to save some $$ on his contract.

Does Bruno command a high enough extension that there's a bit of risk for the Raps if he doesn't develop as planned? Do the Raps avoid the extension because they're already spending so much this summer? I'd avoid UFA if possible.
                  It's complicated.

There are a few scenarios. Before we tackle the extension question, let's look at what happens if they let him go to free agency the following summer.

The Raps would then have a choice to make - extend the QO (a one year deal worth $3.5M) and make him a RFA (retaining the right to match any offer), or don't, and let him be an UFA who can sign with whomever he pleases.

So, the value of that QO obviously skews expectation in terms of extension talk. If the Raps want to extend him, then clearly they would want to make him an RFA next summer, so he can expect to at least have that $3.5M one year offer sitting there waiting for him. So, for example, a three year extension at ~1M per year would make little sense for him. 3 years, 6M? Maybe? Again, it depends on expectations on each side. As a reference, the minimum salary for Bruno would be (assuming the same in 2018 as 2017 - current projections have the cap as flat, and minimums are tied into the cap now): $1.6M, $1.7M, $1.7M, $1.8M, $1.9M. So $2M per year would be an above-minimum offer but not by much. So maybe it would have to be 3M, or 5M per year - it all depends on term, options, and ultimately how much Bruno wants to bet on himself.

Anyway, there is also the chance the Raptors never extend the QO, in which case Bruno may never get another penny in the NBA. Depends again on if he wants to bet on himself.

So, simple answer, no idea. Frankly, if I could lock him into a long term deal at any value below 4-5M per year, I'd do it. Loads of upside there, not a huge dead cap hit if you miss. And if he can be a long term backup at the 3/4 spots, and can do it cheap, then the fact the team is locking up big money this summer is all the more reason to get his salary fixed rather than risk someone taking a shot in RFA.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dude was just trolling us. 6 months away?

Comment

• Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Bruno would need to give his permission to be assigned to the 905 next year. Teams can automatically assign players with up to three years of experience, which Bruno now has.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out. His agent would likely want him to get minutes with the Raptors to try and increase contract (if extension not signed prior to season), but playing minutes with 905 better than no/few minutes with Raptors.
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                        Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Bruno would need to give his permission to be assigned to the 905 next year. Teams can automatically assign players with up to three years of experience, which Bruno now has.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out. His agent would likely want him to get minutes with the Raptors to try and increase contract (if extension not signed prior to season), but playing minutes with 905 better than no/few minutes with Raptors.
                        Yeah, that's another wrinkle. No sign he'd refuse the assignment though. If he did, he'd just sit on the bench (if they had planned for him to be on the 905, there'd probably be a vet or two ahead of him in the depth chart).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                          Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Bruno would need to give his permission to be assigned to the 905 next year. Teams can automatically assign players with up to three years of experience, which Bruno now has.

For what I've been told by Blake, Bruno and the players' association have to agree to the dleague and lvsl; raps can't force him. I hope he plays lvsl and I think we will have a good team again - hopefully we stop choking/getting injured.

Imo, masai should and will sign him to an extension this summer. I'm thinking 3yrs/$12-15m + 1yr team option.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            But the team could also sign a vet for cheap .
                            Bruno or Vince Carter, Bruno or Vince Carter, Bruno or Vince Carter.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              Bruno or Vince Carter, Bruno or Vince Carter, Bruno or Vince Carter.
                              Bruno and Vince Carter

Comment

• Truth is, Bruno will get NBA minutes if we can't resign Patterson & if we allow Siakam to be the backup PF to Ibaka, meaning Bruno is 3rd on the depth at both SF/PF. This gives him minutes, especially if a guy goes down with injury or Carroll continues to struggle next year, thus leading us to buy him out of his contract.

It all depends on what you think is more valuable to Bruno at this point: More D-League time or NBA minutes against stiff competition. I feel NBA minutes are better, but I get that he'd get more playing time with the 905. I just think he's shown his full potential at the D-League level.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X