Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    One thing no-one's talking about is how much stronger Bruno looks here. Look at those arms and tell me he hasn't added weight. He's definitely NBA ready this year & I hope he does well for his sake.
    He's NBA ready because he's added some weight?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Because of that video?
        Nope, video was not needed.

Comment

Because of that video?
          Naw not because of this video. Overall he's improved enough to me that he can get some minutes. Also at some point he has to start playing or what's the point
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            Naw not because of this video. Overall he's improved enough to me that he can get some minutes. Also at some point he has to start playing or what's the point
            So how do you know that? by watching the video right?

Bruno is a scrub. I've said it since day 1 that i'd be shocked if he plays any meaningful mins in the NBA. I'd stand with my prediction. The guy is NOT an NBA player.

If Bruno is somehow part our rotation next season lol then the Raptors are in trouble.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bruno is a scrub. I've said it since day 1 that i'd be shocked if he plays any meaningful mins in the NBA. I'd stand with my prediction. The guy is NOT an NBA player.

If Bruno is somehow part our rotation next season lol then the Raptors are in trouble.
              He looked improved in the D League. I don't think he'll be a regular but he may get a little more than garbage minutes next season. Who knows. And hey you may be right, he may never get good enough but I'm just trying to be positive here lol
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Bruno is too slow for the 3, but maybe too much of a tweener for the 4 due to lack of strength. Defence and a consistant jump shot will give him spot minutes in the NBA next season.
                Being a tweener is no longer a sin. If he can be Patterson we're alright.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Random video of Bruno practicing.

Looks more polished than previous summers, that's for sure. Seems comfortable attacking from either side of the floor (with either hand). And solid/smooth shooting mechanics too.

One thing I can't tell from this video is if he's playing at half speed or full speed. Considering it's a practice sessions vs. scrubs, I'm guessing half speed.

The real question is, can he defend?

Comment

Or "If Bruno is somehow part of our rotation next season then TRex was wrong."

He's always been a long shot, if he ever develops into a rotation player it'll be found money. With Powell/Poeltl/Siakam/Delon/OG already in-house, I'm still 100% fine with taking a flier on a guy like Bruno with one of your picks.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bruno is too slow for the 3, but maybe too much of a tweener for the 4 due to lack of strength. Defence and a consistant jump shot will give him spot minutes in the NBA next season.
                      Yeah he is slow, but keep in mind that it takes like 3 strides to get to the rim.

Comment

One thing no-one's talking about is how much stronger Bruno looks here. Look at those arms and tell me he hasn't added weight. He's definitely NBA ready this year & I hope he does well for his sake.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

If his game is as ready as his body, we have ourselves a freak this season & a outside chance Bruno becomes the backup PF to Ibaka. I personally would trust him more than Siakam right now given his ability to shoot the 3.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

If his game is as ready as his body, we have ourselves a freak this season & a outside chance Bruno becomes the backup PF to Ibaka. I personally would trust him more than Siakam right now given his ability to shoot the 3.
                            IF he can slow Giannis down more than the average defender that will be a pretty valuable asset in the East.. throw in some made 3's on the other end and he can be on the floor in some big moments

Comment

• With any NBA professional it comes down to opportunity and what can be done with that opportunity. Coaches see stuff in practice, but it's the big game that will determine if someone has it or not. Bruno has never been given that opportunity and so he's still an unknown. Sure he played well for the 905's in the playoffs.. that's a good sign. But the D/G-League is not the NBA.

Even if he does get some minutes this season, it will be in short supply. He's still going to be behind everyone in the rotation and may get time if an injury happens. But once he does get that opportunity he needs to show that he belongs.. ie, does not get lost on defense. Doesn't commit stupid fouls, or turns the ball over unnecessarily. He has to play smart. If he does that then he could have a career.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                With any NBA professional it comes down to opportunity and what can be done with that opportunity. Coaches see stuff in practice, but it's the big game that will determine if someone has it or not. Bruno has never been given that opportunity, and so he's still an unknown. Sure he played well for the 905's in the playoffs. That's a good sign. But the D/G-League is not the NBA.

Even if he does get some minutes this season, it will be in short supply. He's still going to be behind everyone in the rotation and may get time if an injury happens. But once he does get that opportunity he needs to show that he belongs.., i.e., does not get lost on defence. Doesn't commit stupid fouls, or turns the ball over unnecessarily. He has to play smart. If he does that, then he could have a career.
                                Well said.

If Bruno is looking for more minutes, he should be playing "pass first" basketball whenever he gets his opportunity to hit the floor.

It's all about making the team better in 2017, and that starts with the assist column.

Comment

Working...
                                X