No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodney Hood was clearly a good NBA player just waiting to be picked at 20. Ah well.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
      I know you weren't defending him, but this above statement is completely false. There's been plenty of decent picks outside of the 20th in 2014. The following have all played more minutes than Caboclo, some a few are regular starters and some are REALLY good ie: Jokic.

22. Jordan Adams
      23. Rodney Hood
      24. Shabazz Napier
      25. Clint Capela
      26. PJ Hairston
      27. Bogdan Bogdanovic
      28. CJ Wilcox
      30. Kyle Anderson
      32. KJ McDaniels
      33. Joe Harris
      34. Cleanthony Early
      36. Johnny O'Bryant
      38. Spencer Dinwiddie
      39. Jerami Grant
      40. Glenn Robinson III
      41. Nikola Jokic
      44. Markel Brown
      45. Dwight Powell
      46. Jordan Clarkson
      48. Lamar Patterson
      55. Semaj Christon
      56. Devyn Marble
      58. Jordan McRae
      60. Cory Jefferson
      Agreed. But realistically speaking, Jokic went 20 picks after Bruno. He was on nobody's radar.

Also have to remind ourselves that we were in "win now" mode. None of these guys would've been gifted development minutes if drafted by the Raptors.

Comment

• My point is that I'm not really going to fault Masai for reaching on Bruno, in the same way I'm not going to fault Colangelo for drafting Bargnani. On draft night, they're both logical picks.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          My point is that I'm not really going to fault Masai for reaching on Bruno, in the same way I'm not going to fault Colangelo for drafting Bargnani. On draft night, they're both logical picks.
          LOL.

Both should be faulted. MU a little less because his pick was at 20.

In BC's defense, his drafting was actually pretty decent other than Bargs.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            LOL.

Both should be faulted. MU a little less because his pick was at 20.

In BC's defense, his drafting was actually pretty decent other than Bargs.
            BC should be faulted for extending Bargnani, but on draft night, there wasn't really any reason to think that Aldridge or Gay (or Adam Morrison of Tyrus Thomas) would've been a better pick. Hindsight tells us otherwise, of course.

And this is coming from one of the biggest Bargnani bashers on this side of the hemisphere.

Comment

• Here's a question for everyone - who would you rather have, Bruno or James Young? Young was drafted three spots ahead of Bruno by the inimitable Danny Ainge. Both are 22 and have done virtually nothing in 3 years in the league, though Young has roughly 7X as many NBA-minutes. Both are shooting wings. Both still have a chance to turn it around (Young is now with the Bucks).

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Here's a question for everyone - who would you rather have, Bruno or James Young? Young was drafted three spots ahead of Bruno by the inimitable Danny Ainge. Both are 22 and have done virtually nothing in 3 years in the league, though Young has roughly 7X as many NBA-minutes. Both are shooting wings. Both still have a chance to turn it around (Young is now with the Bucks).
                Young easily.

Neither have potential to be anything more than roleplayers but he at least his awareness/understanding resembles a NBA player and some lost kid that got dropped off by his mom at the YMCA.

We also wouldn't have to hear a bunch of lame excuses for constantly looking lost and "nerves" everytime he gets dunked on, let's a pass bounce off his hands out of bounds or just flat out passes it to the other team when in reality he just has all time low bball IQ and zero court awareness.

I know that was a bit harsh to say but at least with Young, people can just accept he's really not that good with Bruno, people want to believe the "flashes" are the player and not the vast majority of time where he really doesn't look like he belongs on a NBA court.
                Last edited by JamesNaismith; Tue Oct 3, 2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Bruno easily

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Gotta give Bruno more of a chance here. If for no other reason than Masaii believing in him. Clearly they are seeing something from him in practice that they think can translate into real games.

Comment

• The being nervous thing is getting really old now... I thought as he'd get older he'd become more confident. The first preseason game really showed me that this kid is still not going to get it. He had a great showing in the G League final and his short time on the Brazil NT. But, he arguably has more to prove than anyone else on the roster.. and failed miserably.

Since we don't have a pick this year I'm fine with extending him for close to a minimum type of "show me" type of deal. But honestly if this ends up being his last season it's not really a big deal.

Comment

• If Bruno could ever sustain his "flashes" it would be him.

The problem is he never does. You'll see a decent 3ptr and maybe a blocked shot, then the rest of it he just looks totally lost out there and a step behind what's happening on the court. When I used to be a Bruno apologist myself lol I thought it was because he was new to the game, perhaps struggling with his understanding because of the language barrier/comprehension, yes even some "nerves" but really he has very poor decision making, has a bad tendency to just stop and watch plays and just a very low bball IQ/feel for the game. If he could just stay focused and play as he does in those flashes, he wouldn't be a star by any means but he would be a great roleplayer but I don't see it happening.

If Bruno can somehow magically change all of that I will GLADLY eat a giant plate of crow because it's not like I don't want him to succeed because if he does, we do as a team. I just don't see it because by year 4, there should be consistency and the only thing that has been consistent is the excuses.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Gotta give Bruno more of a chance here. If for no other reason than Masaii believing in him. Clearly they are seeing something from him in practice that they think can translate into real games.
                          Seeing something from him in practice? We talkin bout practice? Have they ever said something negative about a player under contract, especially one they invested a 1st round pick for?

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            Young easily.

Neither have potential to be anything more than roleplayers but he at least his awareness/understanding resembles a NBA player and some lost kid that got dropped off by his mom at the YMCA.

We also wouldn't have to hear a bunch of lame excuses for constantly looking lost and "nerves" everytime he gets dunked on, let's a pass bounce off his hands out of bounds or just flat out passes it to the other team when in reality he just has all time low bball IQ and zero court awareness.

I know that was a bit harsh to say but at least with Young, people can just accept he's really not that good with Bruno, people want to believe the "flashes" are the player and not the vast majority of time where he really doesn't look like he belongs on a NBA court.
                            So you'd want Young purely because he's less intriguing and therefor easier to drop? I guess that makes a tiny bit of sense (seeing that even Bruno's small QO/extension would have major tax ramifications).

Comment

• Alex91 wrote: View Post
                              Seeing something from him in practice? We talkin bout practice? Have they ever said something negative about a player under contract, especially one they invested a 1st round pick for?
                              The important difference is that it seems he's done enough to earn a spot in the (preseason) rotation - and it's not like he doesn't have competition with McKinnie and KJ chomping at the bit for those minutes (and to keep their NBA dreams alive).

We'll see if they continue to put their developmental faith in Bruno as preseason and the early season wind along. Looking forward to see how Bruno bounces back tonight.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                So you'd want Young purely because he's less intriguing and therefor easier to drop? I guess that makes a tiny bit of sense (seeing that even Bruno's small QO/extension would have major tax ramifications).
                                No I'd take Young because he looks like he could actually be a NBA player and not someone like Bruno who looks like he'd be lucky to come off the bench in China whenever his "nerves" hit because of the ever so intimidating highschool sized crowd and high pressure of a preseason game in Hawaii. That's why.

Comment

Working...
                                X