No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah I am not judging him based on 20 minutes. My decision was made on 4 years of him working with the best trainers in the world and him still looking like a lost kid in K-Mart
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      yeah I am not judging him based on 20 minutes. My decision was made on 4 years of him working with the best trainers in the world and him still looking like a lost kid in K-Mart
      And if he doesn't look/play that way in the next game?

Comment

• Man, it's good to have something legit to argue over again

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          And if he doesn't look/play that way in the next game?
          Congrats to him if he does and let's see him do that from here on out.

You act like people want him to fail when it's the complete opposite.

Everyone wants him to succeed but he is the one that has consistently been disappointing and people have lost faith. A single game here or there won't change my mind either. The bad performances are the things that need to be inconsistent.

People expect ups and downs with young players but it's also not just a matter of a having a "bad night", he looks down right awful at times and completely lost. I have watched games of each of our young guys were I thought they looked fairly ineffective and even had a couple of bad plays here or there. But I've never watched any of them and thought this guy literally looks lost on the court. Getting dunked on, the ball bouncing off his hands out of bounds, flat out passing the ball to the opposing team....these are literally like mistakes of a kid in grade school.

As a 4th year player it's just unacceptable and head scratching. "Nerves" or otherwise is nothing more than a very lame excuse. If anything you see players increase their focus, comprehension of the game and play with more fire when they get their opportunities. You don't see them fumble around like a pre-schooler in front of probably the most meaningless of crowds they'll see the entire year at a pre-season game in Hawaii then blame it on nerves.

I have no problem with Masai drafting him even though I wanted Hood, I can see how it's very appealing to take a flyer on a kid with those incredible measurements at that point on the draft and it's ok that it didn't work out but at some point we have to accept that it hasn't. I don't have any issue burning minutes on him in the pre-season either to confirm what we've seen for THREE YEARS now but I just want the excuses to stop. It's time for him to put up or shut up. If Bruno has anything less than a stellar pre-season here on out I really think that there's very little, if any reason to hold onto him any longer. If he can't even start turning it around in games as meaningless as these ones, I don't want to waste any further time in games that do matter.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            As a 4th year player it's just unacceptable and head scratching. "Nerves" or otherwise is nothing more than a very lame excuse. If anything you see players increase their focus, comprehension of the game and play with more fire when they get their opportunities. You don't see them fumble around like a pre-schooler in front of probably the most meaningless of crowds they'll see the entire year at a pre-season game in Hawaii then blame it on nerves.

I have no problem with Masai drafting him even though I wanted Hood, I can see how it's very appealing to take a flyer on a kid with those incredible measurements at that point on the draft and it's ok that it didn't work out but at some point we have to accept that it hasn't. I don't have any issue burning minutes on him in the pre-season either to confirm what we've seen for THREE YEARS now but I just want the excuses to stop. It's time for him to put up or shut up. If Bruno has anything less than a stellar pre-season here on out I really think that there's very little, if any reason to hold onto him any longer. If he can't even start turning it around in games as meaningless as these ones, I don't want to waste any further time in games that do matter.
            I agree he looked brutal much of the time last game but I wouldn't write-off the pressure of the first preseason game to be absolutely inconsequential, as many of you are doing, especially in the circumstance he's in.

He knows he's what -- according to Fran Fraschilla, famously now "one year away?" TICK TOCK
            He knows that he's incredibly under the microscope --- that the team has a "zero-tolerance policy" around him as things stand after his FIBA meltdown, and his every touch of the ball is being scrutinized.
            He knows his time is running out. It was his first chance to show what he can do with the new look squad, where he could be expected to play a role, finally.
            He knows if he blows this it'll separate him from either many, many millions of dollars and being able to possibly provide for his friends and family for the rest of his life, vs. potentially draining all of his money in a few years and ending up poor and broke again in what, a Brazilian favela? (I know he was poor, I don't know exactly where he was from.)

One thing that's very clear is that this kid simply didn't benefit from the rigours of an athletic program or even a basic education system like most of us have probably had the benefit of going through here, let alone every other player in the NBA. The weakest part of his game is his head. This is not surprising to me. His head may never be able to catch up. (...Funny on another thread where people are saying "Lavar's third kid will be fine", "yay Lavar, good on him." ...I'm sorry but I'd bet against it in the long run. Head matters most. Look at someone like Norm. ...But being homeschooled by that WWE freak of a father has gotta wear on a kid. Good luck with that 24/7/365. Maybe Lamelo will prove a legend at basketball. Good luck at being socially adjusted enough not to be on pills his whole life. Or at least a total dickhead. I have admiration for someone like Popovich who actually says the most important thing in a season is for the players to come out better people. (And, of course, Pop wins championships while doing so.)

Sorry - rant over. Anyway, I'm really not just trying to make any more excuses for Bruno. But I think some of you really underestimate what it is to be on the kind of stage that this kid is on, is all I'm saying. First preseason game or otherwise, stakes are effing massive.

Comment

• That's where I am as well, as I sit down to watch this second game of beautiful preseason ball. I fully recognize this is Bruno's last real chance to get his career on track with the Toronto Raptors. I'm just willing to give him the full chance to show what he can do - not just tonight but through this season it will be very interesting to see if he's finally capable of even earning Casey's minutes.

It all starts...right now!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                That's where I am as well, as I sit down to watch this second game of beautiful preseason ball. I fully recognize this is Bruno's last real chance to get his career on track with the Toronto Raptors. I'm just willing to give him the full chance to show what he can do - not just tonight but through this season it will be very interesting to see if he's finally capable of even earning Casey's minutes.

It all starts...right now!
                Maaaaaaaybe... not right now.
                Maaaaybe...... maybe later.
                Maybe not.

Comment

• Yup turns out he's still a scrub.

Comment

• Yea he's just really bad. Can't wait for OG to be ready so we can end the Bruno experiment. I rather see OG struggle and go through the growing pains than watch one more second of Bruno.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• He's fucking terrible.

What an absolute bust. Should've just taken Hood. Would've solved our SF problem also.

Comment

• G1: 100% pure garbage.
                        G2: 100% pure garbage.

Shall we try another game? LOL
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• I don't understand why everyone is so worked up about this. The guy was the 20th pick in a weak draft. You guys are acting like we drafted him in the lottery.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think people are just ready to let go. This is his 4th year. He's already "earned" $4.5M.

And, we have some interesting dudes in training camp this year who are more deserving of a roster spot than he is.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                              I think people are just ready to let go. This is his 4th year. He's already "earned" $4.5M.

And, we have some interesting dudes in training camp this year who are more deserving of a roster spot than he is.
                              Those guys have barely been any better or just as worse. Yes, Bruno might not workout. Most picks that late usually don't. Like you said they have invested 4.5 mil to him. That's good enough reason to give him every chance to either fail or prosper.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Those guys have barely been any better or just as worse. Yes, Bruno might not workout. Most picks that late usually don't. Like you said they have invested 4.5 mil to him. That's good enough reason to give him every chance to either fail or prosper.
                                I would agree with you two years ago. From a purely project-based standpoint, no one in their right mind would sign-off on a business case to keep a project going when you have invested $4.5M over 3 years and still have nothing to show for it. Doesn't matter if your budget is $100M, time to fire the contractor and put out an RFP for an external consultant and start over.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X