No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't think he played his role that poorly last night to be honest. You can see he's really not that far from being a difference maker on defense.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      I didn't think he played his role that poorly last night to be honest. You can see he's really not that far from being a difference maker on defense.
      I want to see things the way you do, I really do
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        I want to see things the way you do, I really do
        He didn't force his game. No turnovers, making the right passes on the perimeter. Shot when he was supposed to (from what I remember). A block and a steal. At this point I'll take it.

Comment

• That said, if he can't start genuinely contributing soon (and hitting 3s), it won't be hard for OG or McKinny to beat him out for the last (half) rotation spot.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            That said, if he can't start genuinely contributing soon (and hitting 3s), it won't be hard for OG or McKinny to beat him out for the last (half) rotation spot.
            They already have.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              They already have.
              I don't know, Bruno's the one that started.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                They already have.
                Yep
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bruno wasn't even the guy Masai really wanted. It was Ennis. Ennis is probably just as bad. So either way that 2014 draft was going to end up in a bust.

On the bright side, the Bruno pick got us the 905ers. Not sure if Masai would have had the pull with MLSE to get that team going if he didn't have a project like Bruno around. So Bruno for all his awful play was still actually worth the investment (in my opinion).

Comment

• I don't buy the narrative we only acquired the 905 for Bruno. I do agree that Ennis would have been about as useless as Bruno has been.

Comment

• Masai wanted the 905 before we got Bruno, as the whole league was headed the way of making the D-League a proper minor-league system.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Bruno wasn't even the guy Masai really wanted. It was Ennis. Ennis is probably just as bad. So either way that 2014 draft was going to end up in a bust.

On the bright side, the Bruno pick got us the 905ers. Not sure if Masai would have had the pull with MLSE to get that team going if he didn't have a project like Bruno around. So Bruno for all his awful play was still actually worth the investment (in my opinion).
                        Well we were one pick away from Gary Harris, another Masai target. That guy looks legit

Comment

• Ennis is right around a FVV level of player; a guy that can give you short spurts of solid production in a pinch. That's nowhere near Bruno-bad.

Comment

• after this year when bruno most likely goes over-seas we would have to offer the qualifying offer to maintain his restricted rights right? like we do with nando every year, but his number will be higher and he will just take the money?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              after this year when bruno most likely goes over-seas we would have to offer the qualifying offer to maintain his restricted rights right? like we do with nando every year, but his number will be higher and he will just take the money?
                              Yeah, if we offer the QO and he hasn't shown anything more by then, he'd likely take it.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Bruno wasn't even the guy Masai really wanted. It was Ennis. Ennis is probably just as bad.
                                There probably isn't a player from the 2014 class who's been as shortchanged as Tyler Ennis by NBA teams:

1. Gets drafted by Phoenix, who already had Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic and Isaiah Thomas on their roster at point.

2. Gets traded to Milwaukee, where he becomes fourth point guard on the roster behind Michael Carter-Williams, Jerryd Bayless and Kendall Marshall.

3. Gets traded to Houston, where he becomes fourth point guard on the roster behind James Harden, Patrick Beverley and Isaiah Taylor.

4. Gets traded to the Lakers, where he finally gets to be third point guard on the roster behind D'Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson. And then the Lakers draft Lonzo Ball.

During this time he's turned himself into a .380 three-point shooter (and shooting was his biggest liability when he was drafted). He's still a good defender and a smart passer. He's just had really, really few opportunities to prove himself, and if for some reason we suddenly have a hole at backup point guard I would target the fuck out of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X