Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Active and inactive lists are basically meaningless until game night.

But that aside, him being inactive just means he's not dressed. Which, I mean, is that unexpected?
    It's not surprising at all to see him not dressed for the opener after watching him bomb the preseason the way he did, but I think a lot of people (both on this board and in the Raptors media) expected this would be the season where he cracked the rotation in some sort of fashion. I also don't think many people expected McKinnie to jump him in the rotation either.

Comment

• Good riddance and I mean that in the nicest way possible lol

Nothing against the kid as a person, seems like an overly shy, sweet kid but he just isnt even remotely a NBA player. I remember previous busts with "potential" ie/ Perry Jones or Anthony Randolph and even they looked SO MUCH further ahead of Bruno that people established much quicker were just not going to become the player they were dreamed to be.

Drafting OG is a very big part of why I think Masai finally has come to terms with Bruno because now he sees a player that if he puts the time and resources into may actually pay off. It's not exaggeration to say that OG looked far more the part of a NBA player in just 2 preseason games that Bruno has had in his entire tenure here and even looked better than him NOW lol 3 years later which is probably what hit home...and I'm sure the dunks in his face, fumbling passes out of bounds and passing directly to the opposing team didn't help either.

But tell Araujo we said hi!!

Comment

• "Anything is possible."
        -- Kevin Garnett
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          Good riddance and I mean that in the nicest way possible lol

Nothing against the kid as a person, seems like an overly shy, sweet kid but he just isnt even remotely a NBA player. I remember previous busts with "potential" ie/ Perry Jones or Anthony Randolph and even they looked SO MUCH further ahead of Bruno that people established much quicker were just not going to become the player they were dreamed to be.

Drafting OG is a very big part of why I think Masai finally has come to terms with Bruno because now he sees a player that if he puts the time and resources into may actually pay off. It's not exaggeration to say that OG looked far more the part of a NBA player in just 2 preseason games that Bruno has had in his entire tenure here and even looked better than him NOW lol 3 years later which is probably what hit home...and I'm sure the dunks in his face, fumbling passes out of bounds and passing directly to the opposing team didn't help either.

But tell Araujo we said hi!!
          Perry Jones looked like a cant miss in his final year at Baylor yet flamed out. Araujo we all knew would be a bus from day one— a Babcock special.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            "Anything is possible."
            -- Kevin Garnett
            "Woah"
            -keanu reeves
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              "Woah"
              -keanu reeves
              "Doh!"
              -- Homer Simpson, Masai Ujiri
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'd kindly like to remind everyone that Bruno is still under contract and still on the roster. Anyone know if the QO is more, less, or the same as the minimum we could have offered as an extension?

It's unlikely at this point that Bruno can earn his QO (4.7 mill) through g-league play when we're up against the tax, but if that's Masai's hope at least we're well-positioned with opposing GMs/scouts rightly skeptical of any flashes he might show this season.

Comment

Active and inactive lists are basically meaningless until game night.

But that aside, him being inactive just means he's not dressed. Which, I mean, is that unexpected?
                  But the point is it's supposed to be a youth movement right now. If he can't crack the rotation with like 5 unproven guys coming off the bench, when is he ever going to make it?

He's a bust. Late pick so it's not that bad, but to quote Stephen A. Smith, "The boy can't play".

Comment

• This guy's more likely to ever crack the rotation than Caboclo.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      But the point is it's supposed to be a youth movement right now. If he can't crack the rotation with like 5 unproven guys coming off the bench, when is he ever going to make it?

He's a bust. Late pick so it's not that bad, but to quote Stephen A. Smith, "The boy can't play".
                      I imagine the answer to that would be after the clearly stated 4 full years of development he was away from playing NBA ball suggested (by Masai) on draft night. He's still a year away if all goes to plan.

In any case, odds are they let him go to UFA and if they bring him back it will be on a minimum or near-minimum deal.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I imagine the answer to that would be after the clearly stated 4 full years of development he was away from playing NBA ball suggested (by Masai) on draft night. He's still a year away if all goes to plan.

In any case, odds are they let him go to UFA and if they bring him back it will be on a minimum or near-minimum deal.
                        I will be shocked come summer time, if any other team looks at Bruno and says, "sign that guy!".

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I will be shocked come summer time, if any other team looks at Bruno and says, "sign that guy!".
                          Yep.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            This guy's more likely to ever crack the rotation than Caboclo.

Don't forget wwf champion bruno sammartino. He's a bit of a tweener but tough to move in the low block

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Does that just entail not extending the QO? Or a year of QO and then he's a UFA (like with Nerlens)?

Comment

• I also think it's worth pointing out that in preseason they played Bruno almost exclusively at the 3 (save for the garbage minutes against the Bulls I think), as that is where the rotation-opportunity is. However, that's after being pretty explicit that his future is likely at the 4. Bit of a disconnect there - will be interesting to see what Stackhouse can do with him on the 905 this year (presuming he acquiesces to going down).

Comment

Working...
                                X