Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Does that just entail not extending the QO? Or a year of QO and then he's a UFA (like with Nerlens)?
    If they don't extend the QO (which will probably be too expensive for them), he'll be an UFA next summer.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I also think it's worth pointing out that in preseason they played Bruno almost exclusively at the 3 (save for the garbage minutes against the Bulls I think), as that is where the rotation-opportunity is. However, that's after being pretty explicit that his future is likely at the 4. Bit of a disconnect there - will be interesting to see what Stackhouse can do with him on the 905 this year (presuming he acquiesces to going down).
      No offense SkywalkerAC, you're one of the better posters and support the team great..but you've got a million and 1 excuses for what is quite clearly just a bad basketball player
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        No offense SkywalkerAC, you're one of the better posters and support the team great..but you've got a million and 1 excuses for what is quite clearly just a bad basketball player
        As Dan mentioned above, he’s still about 9 months away from the official timetable for his being ready. And I’ve seen him play some pretty good ball. I see no reason to write him off prematurely.

Comment

As Dan mentioned above, he’s still about 9 months away from the official timetable for his being ready. And I’ve seen him play some pretty good ball. I see no reason to write him off prematurely.
          Sure, still 9 months to go.

But considering his career is already 39 months old, he's barely made a dent.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Sure, still 9 months to go.

But considering his career is already 39 months old, he's barely made a dent.
            That's more than fair. And I'm willing to admit it's highly unlikely he gets a 2nd contract with us. It's the experiment - the ultimate basketball development project - that intrigues me so much, not the player necessarily. Just how much are players, and people, capable of learning?

As people may have noticed, I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy. This preseason is just another tough learning experience for this kid. And I hope he's going to end up stronger for it. I'm going to keep watching 905 games to find out.

I mean, take a look at another genetic freak like Hassan Whiteside - didn't figure it out until he found the right opportunity at age 25.
            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Oct 17, 2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

That's more than fair. And I'm willing to admit it's highly unlikely he gets a 2nd contract with us. It's the experiment - the ultimate basketball development project - that intrigues me so much, not the player necessarily. Just how much are players, and people, capable of learning?

As people may have noticed, I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy. This preseason is just another tough learning experience for this kid. And I hope he's going to end up stronger for it. I'm going to keep watching 905 games to find out.

I mean, take a look at another genetic freak like Hassan Whiteside - didn't figure it out until he found the right opportunity at age 25.
              I think I'm going to make hopeless optimism an infractionable offense :P
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                I think I'm going to make hopeless optimism an infractionable offense :P
                What's the pessimist's most common blood type? B-
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Its not as if the kid is not partially at fault here. Its one thing to say "Bruno did everything we asked of him and he tried really hard" but in reality he clashed with StackHouse, did not want to volunteer to go to summer league, clashed with the Brazilian team coach and was send home. I mean the kid came from nothing and was given all the chances and opportunities from day one (above and beyond what anybody usually does for an unknown and very raw player).

That window is closing fast on Bruno, I want to at least hear that Bruno will be asking from Masai to go down to the 905 to get better during the season instead of being chased around and him being reluctant to do so. If Bruno thinks he is too good to go down to the 905 and he dislike's Stackhouse because he thinks he is too tough on him, then he better start packing his bags sooner rather then later.

Comment

• Should have drafted Kyle Anderson we would at least have got a rotation player that fits a need “passing” oh well let Bruno die. We all know the experiment is over. So I will get in my last I told u so.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      Should have drafted Kyle Anderson we would at least have got a rotation player that fits a need “passing” oh well let Bruno die. We all know the experiment is over. So I will get in my last I told u so.
                      Kyle Anderson?! he is still a work in progress! hasn't proven he belongs in this league as of yet, Rodney Hood was the guy that was probably in the discussion in the 20th selection and the guy they should have drafted.

Comment

• Again, the experiment isn’t over till it’s over. It’s a long season and there’s a very good chance he works his way into a stint or two in the rotation. Some nights it will be OG in the rotation, sometimes McKinnie, and sometimes Bruno. That’s my guess at least - the 10th man will be in flux.

Comment

• Anderson was my guy. And Inglis as the mystery man. Capella as the big. Good didn’t have the size to be overly intriguing, still doesn’t tbh.

Comment

Again, the experiment isn’t over till it’s over. It’s a long season and there’s a very good chance he works his way into a stint or two in the rotation. Some nights it will be OG in the rotation, sometimes McKinnie, and sometimes Bruno. That’s my guess at least - the 10th man will be in flux.
                            Bruno and McKinnie will only be used in blowouts or when someone injured in limited capacity.

Casey likes to keep his rotation 9 players deep and this season would probably use 10 guys on a nightly basis. Which means probably 1 of Siakam or OG would be dressed but not play while Mckinnie and Bruno would probably not even dress.

Comment

Again, the experiment isn’t over till it’s over. It’s a long season and there’s a very good chance he works his way into a stint or two in the rotation. some nights it will be OG in the rotation, sometimes McKinnie, and sometimes Bruno. That’s my guess at least - the 10th man will be in flux.
                              Bro it's going from admirable defending to being delusional. Bruno is not playing a minute of meaningful basketball. Van vleet and OG will be 10th and 11 men, these other guys won't see the floor in a normal game. It took 5 min to see Anunoby is a real nba player. Bruno is a disaster
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Bro it's going from admirable defending to being delusional. Bruno is not playing a minute of meaningful basketball. Van vleet and OG will be 10th and 11 men, these other guys won't see the floor in a normal game. It took 5 min to see Anunoby is a real nba player. Bruno is a disaster
                                Sadly I gotta agree with Keon here. I really don't think Bruno will even show the development by the end of his "4 years" to be anywhere near an NBA player. You can't teach BBIQ and Bruno just doesn't have it.

Comment

Working...
                                X