No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw 3 full games of 905. To me, he has shown nba skills as a on ball defender (Steals, Hands, moving feet). His help defence is okay. You would expect more blocks. Not best at timing jump and step slow moving out to contest driving guard. I',m pretty excited tho. It's impressive how he is still developing. He hasn't really stalled out in improvement. Its just that he started at such a bad baseline that he still looks shaky. If he became a poor mans Robert Covington in 2 years that'd be cool.

Comment

• Bruno got his "ass kicked" last game, according to Stackhouse. Time for some tough love from Stack and hopefully another level of toughness from Bruno (who still had 13 points, 9 rbs, 2 stl, 3 blks, starting at centre).

Bottomline, this organization has definitely not given up on Bruno's development process.
      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Nov 21, 2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Bruno and the 905 get back to their winning ways today after a couple stinkers - 27 & 6 with 3 blks.

http://gleague.nba.com/games/20171126/GRDRAP/

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Bruno got his "ass kicked" last game, according to Stackhouse. Time for some tough love from Stack and hopefully another level of toughness from Bruno (who still had 13 points, 9 rbs, 2 stl, 3 blks, starting at centre).

Bottomline, this organization has definitely not given up on Bruno's development process.
          I don't really get all the hate that has gone his way. I mean don't get me wrong, he hasn't been good at an NBA level and has been inconsistent in the D/G league, but it was well known that he wasn't going to be good. Dude spent a year just trying to learn the language and yet everyone expects him to become a good basketball player at the same time, come on. Question the selection, because it is clear that he wasn't ready for the league, but I don't see why its Bruno's fault.

Anyways, good to see him progress. Wright hasn't been a good rotation player until this year - he is 25, Bruno still has time. Remember, if he puts it all together, he is a nightmare for opposing teams.

Comment

• Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              I don't really get all the hate that has gone his way. I mean don't get me wrong, he hasn't been good at an NBA level and has been inconsistent in the D/G league, but it was well known that he wasn't going to be good. Dude spent a year just trying to learn the language and yet everyone expects him to become a good basketball player at the same time, come on. Question the selection, because it is clear that he wasn't ready for the league, but I don't see why its Bruno's fault.

Anyways, good to see him progress. Wright hasn't been a good rotation player until this year - he is 25, Bruno still has time. Remember, if he puts it all together, he is a nightmare for opposing teams.
              I can't speak for anyone else on here but Bruno getting launched from the Brazilian National Team in the middle of a tournament this summer and the subsequent rumblings that came out about Bruno's ego and attitude over the past two years in Toronto made me change the way I viewed him.

I never had the high hopes for him that some folks did around here but I always liked him and even felt some sympathy towards him based on what you've laid out above - young kid, new city, new language, raw skills, etc. Learning how entitled he was becoming definitely shifted that for me though as it seems like some of his shortcomings may be self inflicted.

Comment

• Bruno under pressure, what that make? Diamonds

Comment

• The way he's playing in the g league this year is probably earning him one more look at the nba level eventually. He's definitely much better in that league than he was last year
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    The way he's playing in the g league this year is probably earning him one more look at the nba level eventually. He's definitely much better in that league than he was last year
                    At the same time Masai doesn't have that much incentive to give him much of a look this season unless he's genuinely needed. The best outcome for us is for him to come out of this season humble and hungry and grateful - enough to sign a near-minimum contract. I don't know how likely it is to land right on that sweet spot, but given our salary commitment and our need to develop internally, it has to be what Masai is leading towards if he wants to keep Bruno at all.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      The way he's playing in the g league this year is probably earning him one more look at the nba level eventually. He's definitely much better in that league than he was last year
                      Yes he is, but sometimes after New Years, he needs to get at least 10 minutes of NBA minutes per game to determine if it's worth it to offer him a new contract after this season is over. I don't even expect much in those limited 10 minutes but look at players like Jordan Bell or Kevin Looney who also average 10 minutes per game in a Warriors uniform and are still able to perform in a very competent and efficient manner on both sides of the court.

It's not like they going to be asking Bruno to do much other then defend well, grab some rebounds and nail those open shots from the 3 when they are available to you like you have done in the G league.
                      Last edited by Hotshot; Tue Nov 28, 2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        At the same time Masai doesn't have that much incentive to give him much of a look this season unless he's genuinely needed. The best outcome for us is for him to come out of this season humble and hungry and grateful - enough to sign a near-minimum contract. I don't know how likely it is to land right on that sweet spot, but given our salary commitment and our need to develop internally, it has to be what Masai is leading towards if he wants to keep Bruno at all.
                        I didn't mean this year..I meant next preseason. He really stood out among nba guys this years preseason..and I mean that it a bad way. If he could blend in next year he could maybe lock down a depth spot especially if powell or miles is no longer here by then
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Dayum, that stroke looking whet

Comment

• Poor shooting in this one, but he really stuffs the box score these days -

13/10/2 and 5 blocks in this one (horrible shooting tho):
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sun Dec 3, 2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Skywalker are you Bruno's agent or what
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Just an avid Raptors fan my friend. Next game tomorrow at 11am for all you slackers out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X