No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno has been playing more of a glue guy role for the now-rolling 905 with his shot not dropping like it was.

Here was an offensive outburst that I missed though:

Comment

• 2014 draft missed picks after Bruno that would have been giving minutes on the Raptors today:

23rd pick - Hood
      25th pick - Capella
      27th pick - Bogdanovic
      30th pick - Kyle Anderson
      38th pick - Spencer Dimwiddie
      39th pick - Jerami Grant
      41st pick - Nicola Jockic
      46th pick - Jordan Clarkson.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        2014 draft missed picks after Bruno that would have been giving minutes on the Raptors today:

23rd pick - Hood
        25th pick - Capella
        27th pick - Bogdanovic
        30th pick - Kyle Anderson
        38th pick - Spencer Dimwiddie
        39th pick - Jerami Grant
        41st pick - Nicola Jockic
        46th pick - Jordan Clarkson.
        Why does Bruno catch all the heat? You can blame half that list on the DeAndre Daniels pick.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Why does Bruno catch all the heat? You can blame half that list on the DeAndre Daniels pick.
          I stated the players names, that's all I did.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            And people forget that Tyler Ennis was Masai's first choice. So forget about all those other guys, Raps still would have ended up with Tyler Ennis (who is on his 4th team already) and Bruno from that draft if everything went perfectly for Masai. Most important takeaway from the 2014 draft is that it sucked and was ridiculously over-rated, starting with Andrew Wiggins. And 2014 was THE draft that everybody wanted us to blow it up and tank for.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              And people forget that Tyler Ennis was Masai's first choice. So forget about all those other guys, Raps still would have ended up with Tyler Ennis (who is on his 4th team already) and Bruno from that draft if everything went perfectly for Masai. Most important takeaway from the 2014 draft is that it sucked and was ridiculously over-rated, starting with Andrew Wiggins. And 2014 was THE draft that everybody wanted us to blow it up and tank for.
              Yep and the Raps would have traded Derozan in order to get a subdued version of himself. I think by missing all these players after Bruno it shows that swinging for the fences overreaching picks do not usually pan out.
              Last edited by Hotshot; Mon Jan 8, 2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I stated the players names, that's all I did.
                It's only fair to do the same for guys like OG, Wright and Powell after a few years in the league. Those were excellent pound-for-pound picks.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yep and the Raps would have traded Derozan in order to get a subdued version of himself. I think by missing all these players after Bruno it shows that swinging for the fences overreaching picks do not usually pan out.
                  Delon was a reach at his position. Siakam was a reach at his position.

I think what it shows is that when you pick outside the lottery, you will miss more than you hit, and Masai having so few black marks on his record with all these late picks is a freaking miracle.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think what it shows is that when you pick outside the lottery, you will miss more than you hit, and Masai having so few black marks on his record with all these late picks is a freaking miracle.
                    Probably not the best place for the comment but I've been noticing that for all the focus on the draft itself there isn't a lot of commentary on player development, which is also extremely important. When I think about the guys the Raps have drafted recently I get the feeling that all of them are where they are due in large part to the Raps developmental system. Everyone is so focused on player acquisition and roster management because they are sexy and easy to speculate about but player development is so underrated and I think the NBA has historically not done a great job at it.

Point being, you can draft the absolute right guy for all the right reasons but if you can't make him a pro in your organization then the pick looks bad. Conversely, you can draft a marginal guy or even make a bad mistake but if you turn that guy into a pro, then the pick looks great. This also is to say that you can't necessarily look at who was picked behind a guy and go, 'well, that guy is better or worse, etc., so we had a good/bad draft'. Maybe. Or maybe there's a lot more to the story.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      There is a difference between a reach and over-reach. Delon was slated to be picked in the 20 -25 pick and Siakam was a high 2nd rounder ( selected maybe 7 or 8 spots where he was going to be selected). All indications were that Bruno was also like Siakam going to be a high 2nd rounder but going 20th is already 10-15 picks higher then most experts thought he should. That is an over reach that occurred due to the panic another team (San Antonio who I think was blowing smoke up our asses) would select Bruno earlier. A better example of an overreach in comparison to Bruno, is the Bucks selecting Thon Maker 10th over all where all indications were that he was a low 1st rounder pick ( who seems to only play well when facing the Raps lol).
                      Last edited by Hotshot; Mon Jan 8, 2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Does this 'argument' have a central point, or can I get back to posting Bruno highlight vids?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Probably not the best place for the comment but I've been noticing that for all the focus on the draft itself there isn't a lot of commentary on player development, which is also extremely important. When I think about the guys the Raps have drafted recently I get the feeling that all of them are where they are due in large part to the Raps developmental system. Everyone is so focused on player acquisition and roster management because they are sexy and easy to speculate about but player development is so underrated and I think the NBA has historically not done a great job at it.

Point being, you can draft the absolute right guy for all the right reasons but if you can't make him a pro in your organization then the pick looks bad. Conversely, you can draft a marginal guy or even make a bad mistake but if you turn that guy into a pro, then the pick looks great. This also is to say that you can't necessarily look at who was picked behind a guy and go, 'well, that guy is better or worse, etc., so we had a good/bad draft'. Maybe. Or maybe there's a lot more to the story.
                          I think it's also important you pick guys who are willing to be developed and coached (if not a super-duperstar I guess). Say what you will about Bruno, but he isn't just mailing it in and collecting his paycheck - he's working to get his career on track and playing great defense having volunteered to stay with the 905 this season. Siakam and OG both started as rookies but both seem humble and motivated to get better and would have played their hearts out for the 905 if assigned. Delon has put in his work. FVV the same. Hopefully we see Norm's commitment to improvement paying off as the long season winds along.

Development and learning is a mindset, and not all prospects have it.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            I think it's also important you pick guys who are willing to be developed and coached (if not a super-duperstar I guess). Say what you will about Bruno, but he isn't just mailing it in and collecting his paycheck - he's working to get his career on track and playing great defense having volunteered to stay with the 905 this season. Siakam and OG both started as rookies but both seem humble and motivated to get better and would have played their hearts out for the 905 if assigned. Delon has put in his work. FVV the same. Hopefully we see Norm's commitment to improvement paying off as the long season winds along.

Absolutely, flip side of the coin. I think we all see this in our own jobs/careers. Some people are wiling to do what it takes and some aren't.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Yes, Masai has definitely done a great job of drafting/acquiring guys with the right mental make up. It's part of what's making this 12 deep rotation work.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Bruno sucks.
                                Bruno high fived Johnson last night after he punched his own teammate.

Bruno needs to be gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X