Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Whoa, you're out of line there guy. Those videos aren't against American players, come on... We can't look at these. Nothing to see here.
    Bill Simmons and all of ESPN was the worst for this kind of attitude last night. Ignorant to the point of unprofessionalism.

Comment

Does anyone have anything on his shooting ability? From what I've seen he can hit a 3, but there's not a huge consensus on how consistent it is.
      I do like the pick for now, in my mind it's better to gamble on prospects like this when your current roster is in a good position already. Considering how good the raps record was post-Gay trade, I'm happy to bring the #wethenorth band back together and let this kid get some small run off the bench (or go to a different league).

Comment

I've been saying for a while that with the 20th pick we don't need another guy that's going to sit at the end of the bench, we need to take a shot on a guy that is a project and maybe a gamble, but has some elite athletecism or ability. I was using Lavine as an example, but if this Caboclo kid is that elite athelete that I'm hearing then I support this pick. No point going with another mediocre talent this late in the draft.

I'm excited to see if he turns out to be something special or if this is anothe Alabi situation. Not so much the latter.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
          Bill Simmons and all of ESPN was the worst for this kind of attitude last night. Ignorant to the point of unprofessionalism.
          That's to be expected. On his own podcast Jalen does more research than he does. The thing that bugs me is that their international expert clearly hadn't seen the kid play for almost a year and used an outdated analysis.

http://archive.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa...ubs/index.html

If anyone speaks Portuguese, and feels like crunching numbers:

http://lnb.com.br/jogadores/bruno-co...des-cabloco-2/

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
            Does anyone have anything on his shooting ability? From what I've seen he can hit a 3, but there's not a huge consensus on how consistent it is.
            I do like the pick for now, in my mind it's better to gamble on prospects like this when your current roster is in a good position already. Considering how good the raps record was post-Gay trade, I'm happy to bring the #wethenorth band back together and let this kid get some small run off the bench (or go to a different league).
            since when? i'm not expecting another 48 win season next year.

Comment

If we ignore the parallels of a balls-of-steel GM picking a Brazilian player I had never heard of in their first draft (read: Babcock and Hoffa)...

Does this signal to anyone else that Lowry probably won't be resigning? We went super-young as opposed to win-now, which to me implies there will be more young moves being made and less win-now moves being made. It's rare that we see a team do both at the same time.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                If we ignore the parallels of a balls-of-steel GM picking a Brazilian player I had never heard of in their first draft (read: Babcock and Hoffa)...

Does this signal to anyone else that Lowry probably won't be resigning? We went super-young as opposed to win-now, which to me implies there will be more young moves being made and less win-now moves being made. It's rare that we see a team do both at the same time.
                babcock wasn't a "balls of steel" gm. he was a bad gm.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post

I don't know how you can say that and then expect anyone to ignore it. Hoffa was drafted top ten with Iggy still on the board. Babcock was drafting out of need and apparently with bad information. This is different in many ways.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I don't know how you can say that and then expect anyone to ignore it. Hoffa was drafted top ten with Iggy still on the board. Babcock was drafting out of need and apparently with bad information. This is different in many ways.
                    Never mind the fact Hoffa was a 24 year old senior who had 4 years of NCAA under his belt.

He was a known commodity.

Bruno is about as unknown to the general basketball/Raptor fan as one can get.

Comment

Mystery guy with a 7''7' wingspan with a good attitude? We got our 'Po.
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

After getting over the initial shock and watching some footage, albeit limited, I'm pretty excited. He's fluid, moves his feet well, covers a lot of ground off a single dribble, has a workable jumper and an insane wingspan. Can't wait to see him in action.
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          After getting over the initial shock and watching some footage, albeit limited, I'm pretty excited. He's fluid, moves his feet well, covers a lot of ground off a single dribble, has a workable jumper and an insane wingspan. Can't wait to see him in action.
                          And he is eager.

Heading to LA to eat, lift, and work with DD, TR, and Amir.

A lot to like here.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            And he is eager.

Heading to LA to eat, lift, and work with DD, TR, and Amir.

A lot to like here.
                            On paper, ignoring the out of nowhere aspect, this kid is a stud. 6'9, 7'7 wingspan, youngest player in the draft, willing defender, reasonably athletic, 3 point range. I mean what!?! That's better on paper than most of the lottery.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Definitely looking forward to summer league. Small forwards with 30km wingspans don't grow on trees.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                On paper, ignoring the out of nowhere aspect, this kid is a stud. 6'9, 7'7 wingspan, youngest player in the draft, willing defender, reasonably athletic, 3 point range. I mean what!?! That's better on paper than most of the lottery.
                                You're preaching to the choir.

I was absolutely stunned last night.

Then panicked when became obvious the Memphis deal fell apart.

But there is a lot to like.

This isn't Hoffa.

Comment

Working...
                                X